Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Phil Taylor

NCCA v TACCA
« on: October 22, 2011, 09:54:23 am »
Ok, lets look at the Pros and Cons of them both, and why it is felt nessecery that a 'carpet cleaner' should want to start a new National Association?  :P

What's wrong with the NCCA?

What doesn't the NCCA do?

Is it too expensive to join the NCCA?

Are the membershp requirements too rigid & robust?

Are the NCCA Director's accountable?

Is there transperancy from the NCCA Board?

Why don't the NCCA advertise Nationally?

What will TACCA do differently?

What can TACCA achieve that the NCCA can't?

How will TACCA be funded (apart from membership subscriptions)?

Will TACCA operate solvently when all the subsciptions are 'eaten away' on National advertising?

Does the founder of TACCA think it's a 'get rich quick' scheme for him?

Will there ever be a TACCA National Committee founded?

and there are many more open ended questions........

Doug Holloway

Re: NCCA v TACCA
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 10:07:53 am »
Hi Phil

Rather than ask lots of question please give us your opinion on the NCCA, whether you are a member and why you think CC's are looking elsewhere.

Cheers

Doug

Phil Taylor

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 10:30:37 am »
Hi Phil

Rather than ask lots of question please give us your opinion on the NCCA, whether you are a member and why you think CC's are looking elsewhere.

Cheers

Doug

I posted those questions Doug to get the debate going. Anyhow, my views on the NCCA and no, I'm not a member.

The NCCA has been around 43 years and has and is serving it's purpose IMV. It operates effectively internally, it's training is good, and there are some very very experienced carpet cleaning stalwarts on the board.  The only thing it doesn't do is advertise on a National scale [NA]. Why, because it's too darn expensive, all their advertising and marketing budget and reserves would be swallowed up easily and very rapidly. However, if members wanted to fork out say an extra £400 p.a. just to cover the NA then the funds would be in place, but that's never going to happen is it?

Maybe members feel 'forgotten' after they've paid their subsciptions? Maybe more work needs to be done in that area? Maybe member's need to be kept up to date more?

I know there are alot of things going on behind the scenes at the NCCA all the time, they are busy and they are working in their member's best interests. Maybe it's time for a change of Officer's in with new fresh ideas?

I'm for the NCCA, it can achieve more if the Director's push the Asscociation forward in a positive aggresive manner!

Are carpet cleaner's really looking elswhere? Those that haved 'joined' TACCA have done so because they are either 'forum mates' of the founder on here, and because it's FREE!! It's so easy to join something that's FREE!!
But wait till they find out the true cost of advertising on a national scale and it won't be free for very much longer. TACCA will never be able to compete with the training at the NCCA. It takes time to build a business, it also takes time to build an Association and the NCCA are 43 years ahead of TACCA. Alot of younger carpet cleaner's (like Paul Moss, Del Boy, etc) are maybe disinfranchised with the NCCA because they maybe would like to become involved on a direct level but they know they can't and wouldn't get voted on the board through lack of experience and youth. That's a shame but that's the way these things work.

Phil.

Attached is a pic of Paul Pearce teaching a class at the NCCA, do you really believe TACCA could espire to this with it's current one man set up?

neil 47

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 10:36:52 am »
Not one person that isnt a cc gives to monkeys chuffs about either, you are all in either one because of your own egos, and need to be validated by someone else .

spend more time worrying about your business and advertising rather that spending time .

Saying ive got this badge( Its easy to get any logo ,take me to court) and this name tag get a chuffing life ,you are all like sheep stand on your own feet instead off trying to ride off other cc reputations.

Ive seen it all before on here you lot will buy into anything , well got to go now ,I feel a bit better for that

Think i will start my own cc federation WASOW 

Neil

IICRC

Phil Taylor

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 10:39:38 am »
Not one person that isnt a cc gives to monkeys chuffs about either, you are all in either one because of your own egos, and need to be validated by someone else .

spend more time worrying about your business and advertising rather that spending time .

saying ive got this badge and this name tag get a chuffing life ,you are all like sheep stand on your own feet instead off trying to ride off other cc reputations.

Ive seen it all before on here you lot will buy into anything , well got to go now ,I feel a bit better for that

Neil

Neil, says you who flys the flag for TACCA - why then have you joined TACCA if that's your opinion? What you state and what you do seem to be two different things, you've contradicted yourself

Phil

neil 47

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 10:45:42 am »
Phil

Its obviously a bit early in the morning for you , im just showing you how anyone can put any badge on show and people will believe it just as you have proven cheers mate   Baa  baa  baa  !!!

Neil
IICRC

Phil Taylor

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 10:53:22 am »
Phil

Its obviously a bit early in the morning for you , im just showing you how anyone can put any badge on show and people will believe it just as you have proven cheers mate   Baa  baa  baa  !!!

Neil

But Neil there are legal penalties for misuse of a registered logo like the NCCA, they can and do act on that. TACCA however is unregistered so yes I do agree anyone can use their logo with impunity.

robert meldrum

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 11:14:39 am »
GOOOOOOD MORNING VIETNAAAAAM

OK just kidding.

I've been reflecting on my stand / posts on the subject of groups / associations, or whatever and in my working life I've been a member of several.......

PGA  ( professional golfers association ) which was mandatory if you wished to, Teach, Take part in Tournaments, Qualify for wholesale prices for your Pro Shop. So in that case it was a No Brainer.

Member of The Royal Horticultural Society which was by invitatation as I was a Lecturer in Golf Course Construction and Management ....no advantage in life other than having letters after your name which I never bothered with.

DIA & HSA  both Driving Instructors associations which gave many discounts and training materials making life a lot easier in terms of COMPLIANCE with the Governing Board and access to meetings with Examiners, etc.

IICRC.............other than giving access to tons of training ( at considerable cost )I found it gave NO ADVANTAGE in business terms.

All of the above were MANDATORY and required considerable training to have taken place and qualifications met before admittance so they had credibility within the professions and the requirements could easily be checked by the general public.  Also some training extended over a year and had to be ongoing with annual updates.

I have othe " handles " which i won't bother with, but what I'm saying here is........

Many professions have training reqirements without which YOU CAN'T LEGALLY OPERATE and the general public have a reasonable awareness of this.

I've posted on more than one occasion my opinion that MANDATORY training will become a requirement in this industry sooner rather than later and the public will be able to check the credentials of service providers NOT FROM A MEMBERS WEB SITE but from a GOVERNMENT web site which will give them a lot more confidence as a purchaser.

When posting about this I suggested that certain individuals who had the knowledge, the experience and some proven training ability could approach a Registered Training Provider and become involved in what they regarded as essential and relevant input.

Sorry for another long post but THIS IS WHERE THE OPPORTUNITY LIES TO GAIN STATUS AND CREDIBILITY which will be acceptable to your prospective customers.

I know MARKETING is a major part of the current discussions but if you don't get the credibility and public confidence you might be wasting a lot of time and energy. Not to mention petty squabbles although that will always exist, I suppose.

neil 47

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 11:17:12 am »
Let them take me to court , did a quick search and it dosent look like its reged .

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tm/t-find/t-find-text/tmtsearch-default.aspx

Think ill use it all the time now ,see im a member now no need to apply anyone else want to join guaranteed acceptance apart for that Colin day he s a right miserable tw**t
IICRC

Phil Taylor

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:38 am »
Let them take me to court , did a quick search and it dosent look like its reged .

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/tm/t-find/t-find-text/tmtsearch-default.aspx

Think ill use it all the time now ,see im a member now no need to apply anyone else want to join guaranteed acceptance apart for that Colin day he s a right miserable tw**t

Nice one Neil  ;D

neil 47

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 11:25:45 am »
Sorry for another long post but THIS IS WHERE THE OPPORTUNITY LIES TO GAIN STATUS AND CREDIBILITY which will be acceptable to your prospective customers.

Hi Victor you missed out the word BORING after long  
IICRC

robert meldrum

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 11:39:29 am »
Thanks Neil..............that was the editted version  ;D

neil 47

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 11:58:10 am »
Thing is Robert I Believe you  ;D

But Joking apart your post was most informative and fascinating, i find your capacity to discern the true nature of this situation very refreshing

Neil
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 03:24:53 pm »
The problem with the NCCA IICRC etc is that once you have trained and joined then that's it! you can display the badges and show people that you have trained and are a member what TACCA is offering is 'advertisement' working like a cooperative where the members club together to pay for a national programme, it has some rules like most associations but no training programme.

Training is a good source of income for associations perhaps that could be added later Paul Pearce or Derek Bolton could hire themselves to TACCA and trainees could pay to get advanced training, just a thought.

BTW How do you become a trainer? is there a training a trainer school?

Shaun

Dennis

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 03:26:44 pm »
But then who trains the trainer trainers?

Chris Hawkes

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:38:46 pm »
Trouble is, I like the NCCA and I like TACCA..

There's only one way to decide who I prefer...

FIGHT!!!!!

robert meldrum

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 04:35:13 pm »
Shaun

There are TRAIN THE TRAINER courses and you'll be surprised to know I've done one of these ( Moving and Handling Objects and People ) there's a recently introduced qualification which gives a similar status to a teaching qualification but can't remember the name right now.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 04:49:17 pm »
Is it aslef ? ;D

Shaun

robert meldrum

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 07:14:24 pm »
Getting slow............I actually had to think about that  ??? ??? ??? ???

PTTLS.......................look it up  ;D

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »
You are showing your age there Shaun

;D ;D