Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Wet and Dry
« on: November 07, 2005, 04:44:26 pm »
Ive been reading the posts on the bone dry franchise with interest- I dont want to join or restart an argument as to which is best as the only dry clean of a carpet i have done is on a b/wilton with the powder that came with my sebo-duo  - which actually worked very well (i use hwe with port by the way)  MY question is- do any of you offer both cleans to customers? my main competitor is a dry cleaner and i have been thinking if i offered a choice of both cleans i could quote for more jobs.. oh and one more question to those (if any) do use both which  one makes the most profit angainst the cleaning podwers/solutions... mick

Re: Wet and Dry
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 04:50:21 pm »
Hi Mick

Answer offer both, but make sure you advise the difference btween dry compound and HWE in terms of the possible differences btween the quality of the cleaning and the end results.

Best regards Nick

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 10:22:51 pm »
Yes the customer should be advised that a dry clean can give better results! ;) :o
I offer both services and usually the customer will ask me to do what I think is best. I tend to go for HWE for more heavily soiled carpets though I am constantly being told by my Host distributor to have more faith in the dry system on those heavily soiled carpets. Maybe one day...
Anyway in answer to your question I think it gives off a much more professional image if you can offer 2 or 3 different ways of cleaning (or more) rather than relying on just one.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 10:31:33 pm »
Why does dry give better results?

I have done a number of recovery cleans after people have used Host dry and have pulled lost of dirt out using HWE.

Steve, why do you use HWE if dry gives better results?

I love cleaning for people after its been dry cleaned as the results are so much better. I use dry but only on Pubs & restuarants if they need them dry instantly. Thats the only advantage for me.

The Great One

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 09:20:07 am »
Hi

I am soley dry and have had the same result after a HWE Cc had been in.

A end of tenancy very close to me, I did the clean as some one else had got the carpet.  The ladlord turned up and i presented him with a cloth which I had used to get a stain out with my spotter ( after the CC had visited) so I got the job.

The amount of dirt that came out was amazing and I was able to show him a before and after comparison.

So it can happen both ways. But your host guy is correct, do have more faith in the product but don't forgat no one system is 'Jesus in a bottle'

Regards

Martin 8)

Neil Grainger

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 03:35:04 pm »
Martin

It must have been a £10 a room cc that cleaned the carpet before you with a vax.

Only Joking

Neil

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2005, 06:28:03 pm »
Martin

I agree with you. It's 'horses for courses' and we all think the system we use is the best. I like both systems and use them both. Ti's the same old story though - when I go to a Host seminar I have to put up with everyone slagging off HWE all day, then when I log onto cleanitup I read all about my fellow cc's using HWE and the dry system seems to get poo pooed!

Neil - I was being a little sarcastic.

Neil Grainger

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 06:52:50 pm »
Sorry Steve

I did not look at the little face's. I'll read and digest before replying in future.

Its Each to their own, mine is just my view. The science of Dry does just not make sense to me on carpets except those such as Belgium Wiltons that are a HWE lottery.

Cheers

Neil

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2005, 08:45:10 pm »
Neil

couldn't agree more

Regards

Steve