This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DangerousDave2u

Introduction / Question
« on: October 16, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »
Howdy Yawl,

I'm Dangerous but you can call me Dange, Dave...New to this site, I'm in Seattle Washington U.S.of A.

I've been cleaning windows for 32 years now and I've done ever kind of cleaning out there on windows...I'm still learning new ways all the time and I'm open to things that work.

For example: I've used Terry cloth, baby diapers, surgical huck towel, Micro fiber, Chamois, in all of my 32 years. But within this past year a fried of mine that I've met on another forum who lives Near London , Suffolk, named Jon turn me on to the SCRIM that he sent to me, one that he used for 8 months.

When I got it it looked like a new one, no holes or stains, not frayed. That thing worked the best of anything I've ever used, that's all I use now. One other thing he said, that he used it dry but an old time window cleaner said to dampen it, so I tried that and man that works a 100x's better then it being dry !

I love my Scrim, I wish I had learned about it 32 years ago !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5fBIeUaWdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKqlTkERXsc&feature=related

So a question to yawl :

In you personal opinion which is the better tool...The Gardiner or the Brodex 50' to 60' ? Give the plus and minus's of both...

Thanks Yawl

DangerousDave2u

DangerousDave2u

Re: Introduction / Question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 05:58:25 am »
Hello Yawl,

Well It's been 12 days and no reply to my thread about my introduction and question about the Gardiner and Brodex...I'm hoping I'll be welcomed here by everyone...There has been 27 views and no replys.

Come on guys and gal don't make yourselves look like no one cares. I joined because I felt you British were good @ window cleaning. please don't leave me hanging.

Dangerous / Wondering

andyM

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:04 am »
Hi Dave, or is it Ron (Ron Jeremy)?  ;D
You have asked is a Brodex or Gardiner 50-60 ft pole better.
To be honest you would need an answer from someone who has used both of these poles to give you a fair and honest comparison.
When I look for a new pole I look at the overall weight of the pole, the material its made from and price.
The top end poles are all made from carbon fibre because of its strength, rigidity and lightness.
However from reading the forums Gardiner do have a lot of recommendations from customers. 
One of the Plebs

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 06:36:48 pm »
Hello Yawl,

Well It's been 12 days and no reply to my thread about my introduction and question about the Gardiner and Brodex...I'm hoping I'll be welcomed here by everyone...There has been 27 views and no replys.

Come on guys and gal don't make yourselves look like no one cares. I joined because I felt you British were good @ window cleaning. please don't leave me hanging.

Dangerous / Wondering

loved your video of you binning your huck towells when you discovered scrim! lol  ;D  ;)
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

DangerousDave2u

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:21:05 am »
Hi Dave, or is it Ron (Ron Jeremy)?  ;D
You have asked is a Brodex or Gardiner 50-60 ft pole better.
To be honest you would need an answer from someone who has used both of these poles to give you a fair and honest comparison.
When I look for a new pole I look at the overall weight of the pole, the material its made from and price.
The top end poles are all made from carbon fibre because of its strength, rigidity and lightness.
However from reading the forums Gardiner do have a lot of recommendations from customers. 

Hey  Andy,

I knew sooner or later someone would post back, Yeah I pretty much see it as you do . Even though I used the Tucker pole for years  I end up needing a new pole.

a friend of mine bought a brodex and he likes it but he thought the Gardiner would be better, long and liter but a bit more pricey !

Guess what ....? I bought the Gardiner Super Max @ 50 ' I'm liking it...I think I made a good decision !

Thanks for the reply Andy, I'm glad to be a member here, looking forward to learning the British angle at things !

Dave

DangerousDave2u

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
Hello Yawl,

Dangerous / Wondering

loved your video of you binning your huck towells when you discovered scrim! lol  ;D  ;)

Thank C-Care,

It aint BSing either ...I really love that Scrim Gem and the hucks are just sitting doing nothing ! I really wish I could of gotten the Scrim Gem 30 years ago  ! From what I've learn is that you Brit's have had that particular tool in your arsenal before you started using a squeegee.

I'm glad to read your laugh it's nice to be on board !

Dave

paul kitchiner

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:59:15 pm »
The scrim is a brilliant tool. Wouldn't be without it. Never tried it damp tho but will definatly give it a try

DangerousDave2u

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 05:46:48 am »
The scrim is a brilliant tool. Wouldn't be without it. Never tried it damp tho but will definatly give it a try

Oh man that scrim is really cool damp...My bud Jon from Suffolk said that cleaners there hang them on their  truck and lets the get to a good dampness while their driving...I did that for a while but now I wet half the scrim and then ring it out and then fold it to the dry half and in no time the 2 sides get to the perfect level of dampness ...Or you can wet down the whole scrim and ring it out really tight and then fold it together with a fully dry scrim and the two will come to a perfect dampness !

Dange

colin purewater

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 11:16:11 am »
GOD DANG!!!!!  great vidio dange you crazy crazy window cleaner!!!  :D
keep it simple

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 11:37:41 pm »
Dange! Get yourself over to "Window Cleaning Issues" section of the forum - that's where we all hang out doncha know?
It's a game of three halves!

DangerousDave2u

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 05:16:24 am »
Dange! Get yourself over to "Window Cleaning Issues" section of the forum - that's where we all hang out doncha know?

Golden-Man ,

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know that most of the member were in the issues department  ! I'll head over there and step up...Very cool !

Dange

DangerousDave2u

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2011, 05:20:06 am »
GOD DANG!!!!!  great vidio dange you crazy crazy window cleaner!!!  :D

Thanks Colin....I can't I'm just a bit crazy not toatlly !

Dange