Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Short video of Jaguar 6.6 & Zeta in action
« on: October 15, 2011, 09:11:41 pm »
Here is a short video featuring the Jaguar 6.6 and the Zeta pressure washer.
Colin kindly offered to try out the two machines on some of his customers rugs, the video simply demonstrates the awesome power of the Jaguar coupled with the equally versatile Zeta.
Colin pre-sprayed the rugs using a SPM mixture in his in lline sprayer, he took advantage of the 90 DegC water supply from the Zeta to lay down the pre spray nice and hot.

Once he had extracted i personally inspected the rugs and with the back of my hand i tested for dampness, even though the rugs had about one dry pass i was astonished to feel how dry they were!

I tested the Jaguar with 50" of hose and then 100' i couldn't honestly  tell the difference, it still preformed the same in terms of extraction results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN6_jlrEx40&hd=1

Mike Halliday

Re: Short video of Jaguar 6.6 & Zeta in action
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 09:53:19 pm »
you need to find  some really dirty carpet to video, that video was well boring.......it  didn't show 'the awesome power of the Jaguar' or the heat of the Zeta. those rugs didn't even look dirty

not wanting to blow my own trumpet but to see real  heat and power watch my video here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3kaBDkHrzA&feature=player_embedded

( from the 30 second point  ;) ;) )

or this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=iMxTvp7K6g0#t=85s

buy a big off cut from a carpet shop and drive your van across it a few times..... then chuck a nice Bisto & HP sauce cocktail across it then  video that been cleaned

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:20:07 pm »
How much is a replacement pump for a Zeta.

Can you adjust pressure.

Russ do you still sell them as this is getting close to a regular sales pitch

Russ Chadd

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:57:25 pm »
Thanks for your kind words about my video post Mike!
This post is aimed at the people who may of already purchased a Jag or thinking about purchasing one with a view of running it from the van, if you require constant running hot water up to 1500psi then the Zeta will benefit you.
Our American friends seem to like using propane heaters, this is fine however you will still be required to used the portys pump as the propane heater is nothing more than... just a heater and its gonna set you back the best part of a grand.

Now... truck mounted systems like Mikes will offer extremely hot water at the wand with lots of steam and the ability to clean without chemicals  :D, but  if you prespray the carpets, agitate and then extract i would expect the Jag or most extractors to offer the same results on that carpet featured in Mikes video, relying on boiling hot water to clean a carpet sounds risky to me.

There is a market out there for powerful portable extractors which offer the user flexibility at a fraction of the cost of a TM.
Truckmounts will always out preform portables in terms of heat and vacuum and my video is not a TM vs prorty vid, it simply shows how the two machine work together.

For those of you interested watch this space as more short vids will be posted very soon...

;)

Hi Ian

The pump head takes 20 mins to remove and re fit new seals and valves, my machine has done probably 80 hours on the original pump and is not showing any signs of wear, pressure is still great
Last time i checked the pump service kits were about £60.00

Yes the pressure can be adjusted from 250 psi to 1500 psi with heat 30 DegC to 90DegC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »
I think the Cornish company sell them Ian, I think Russ is blowing his own trumpet. I think if worded wisely (hey Russ ;)) then the videos would benefit the forum.

Russ the PW in the new video looks different to the one in your old video the one set in your VW Transporter is that right?

Shaun

PS what temp did you set it at for those greasy jobs Mike?

Russ Chadd

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:57:35 pm »
Shaun

I removed the cover from mine, this helps keep the motor and pump cool when in the van and saved the plastic body getting marked.
Apologies if my post looks like a shameless plug but... I guess it is but only to benefit others who have a similar set up to myself.
The Zeta is one of many pressure washers which could be used to provide hot high pressure water to the wand, an alternative to a propane or electric inline heater.

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 02:56:43 am »
It was a pleasure to use the new set up. I'm sure that we could have used dirtier rugs or carpets to try the new set up on and succeeded in performing a TM like result... No problem....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 09:11:17 am »
Russ my criticism of your video was meant to be constructive, I actually think this idea of using an independent pump & fuel burner has been one of the biggest step forward in carpet cleaning equipment for a long while, why no company  has done it before is beyond me.

but this doesn't stop the video being not very good

I don't think you realise that i have used this system for the last 15yrs my T/M is just designed to suck ( its a big engine with a big P/D  blower) it has no water  pump.I use an electric pump and burner set up like the Zeta....... that's why I know its a very good idea.

and....in those 15yrs i have gone through only 2 pumps and the  burner is still the original, so this is another reason to use this system the part tend to be more industrial than normally used on carpet cleaning machines.... so last longer

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Colin Day

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:14:14 am »
As the main star in the video ( ;D) It was a bit of a last minute idea and those rugs just happened to be in the back of the van. I'm sure that I could have turned up with something filthier if I knew they would be filming...

I needed to get those rugs back to the customer too, so we didn't have the luxury of time unfortunately.

I will get the full set up videoed once it's in the back of the van and I'll be sure to use a minging restaurant carpet.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 10:32:05 am »
I hear what you are saying Mike, unfortunately as i was assisting Colin with the operating i had very little footage as it was me behind the camera.
I will be shooting more videos i promise! they will cover the two machines working in a real world environment situation so people can see.
As for performance all i can say is this, i owned an Airflex Turbo which was and still is a great piece of British engineering, however things have moved on in terms of motor design and the new Jag & Storm use these new motors which have kind of abandoned the 3 stage idea and use a totally different turbine similar to a jet engine.
This now makes the machine very efficient offering 3 vac performance.
We used just two electrical circuits to run this system :

Vacs 1 and 2 on one extension A
Zeta on  extension B

So you use a petrol engine to drive a blower and an electrical pressure washer for the hot water? I would of thought that if you already had an engine providing loads of free heat that would be more energy efficient than running a separate burner? you would still need to provide electricity to the pump motor and carry two separate fuel supplies for burner and blower engine?

The system we have been testing uses the electricity provided by the customer and about 1.5 lt of diesel to heat enough water to clean an average size 3 bed home.

Can you post pics of your setup Mike?      

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 10:37:04 am »
I don't think you can clean dirty restaurant carpet effectively without the use of a good Pre-spray. Yes, you can take out the surface dirt and see what you want to see but it won't be properly clean because heat alone cannot remove the engrained soils in such carpets. We have tested this with the Titan 875 (one of the hottest and most powerful carpet cleaning systems in the world) and with it the whole idea of chemical free cleaning, but the results simply do not measure up. There are also some inherent dangers if using very high temperatures and they far out weigh any of the perceived risk of chemical residues.
Simon

Doug Holloway

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:29 am »
Hi guys

I think the video was good, it is simple and short.

The Zeta is an impressive piece of kit, is it heavy?

Cheers

doug

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2011, 10:48:37 am »
Can it draw water from your portable or do you always connect to tap

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2011, 10:50:03 am »
How much does 1.5ltrs of diesel last?

Shaun

Colin Day

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
I don't think you can clean dirty restaurant carpet effectively without the use of a good Pre-spray. Yes, you can take out the surface dirt and see what you want to see but it won't be properly clean because heat alone cannot remove the engrained soils in such carpets. We have tested this with the Titan 875 (one of the hottest and most powerful carpet cleaning systems in the world) and with it the whole idea of chemical free cleaning, but the results simply do not measure up. There are also some inherent dangers if using very high temperatures and they far out weigh any of the perceived risk of chemical residues.
Simon

I agree, pre-spray and agitation are where the real magic is..... :)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 10:57:15 am »
Hi Doug yes its a fair weight about 60 kg but its very stable in the back of the van.
Ian, it uses mains water and can work from an o nboard water tank
Shaun, 1.5 lt will heat enough water to do a 3 bed home, the machine has a 5lt tank...

Russ Chadd

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 11:08:13 am »
Hi Simon, you have a thermostat which can deliver between 30 - 90 deg C, the water at the wand is hot enough to keep the extraction pipe warm on your wand!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 11:16:13 am »
How long does 1.5lts last?

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2011, 11:32:21 am »
Shaun its a difficult question to answer it all depends on the temp you have set the thermostat to, the higher the temp the more fuel you will burn.
The specs on the machine state that it uses 3lt per hour but that is running flat out continues for 60 mins, the good thing with this machine is that there is no wasted energy, when you let go of the trigger the burner stops and no fuel is being used

I have uploaded a spec sheet with some figures which might help you