Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: Groupon questionaire
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 05:36:52 pm »
My brother in law uses groupon he uses it for treats for him, his wife and for his staff last week he bought a deal at a spa which included massage and colonic Irrigation :o

Shaun

Ps thanks for explaining the system Jason I understand it now, god I'm thick!

Simon Gerrard

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 07:04:59 pm »
Monty,
The reason people are so sceptical about figures quoted and claims made by Grouponeers is that they are just figures and claims and cannot be substantiated. Take Jason this morning, he claims at 8.38 he had two commercial enquiries when at that time people hadn't even arrived at work. Likewise all the claims you've made which cannot be substantiated.

What makes me suspicious is if I had come across a rich vein of new customers that on the face of it looked like a a complete waste of time to everyone else, but in reality was a gold mine, I'd keep my mouth firmly shut and let the cynics think what they like. You and Jason, in the face of all the cynicism seem to respond to it with ever more claims,  perhaps and quite naturally, because you don't want the rest of us thinking you're a plonker for doing Groupon. If it's so good -shut up and keep it to yourself otherwise you'll have you competitors doing it too and so lose your advantage over them.

Simon

JandS

« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 07:07:17 pm »
They've been cleaning domestics for ages then
soon as they get Groupon domestics they're raking
in the commercial??
Strange that.

John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 07:09:01 pm »
Yeah and it never seems to happen with such freequency for the rest of us - stranger still. ;D

derek west

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
Monty,
The reason people are so sceptical about figures quoted and claims made by Grouponeers is that they are just figures and claims and cannot be substantiated. Take Jason this morning, he claims at 8.38 he had two commercial enquiries when at that time people hadn't even arrived at work. Likewise all the claims you've made which cannot be substantiated.

What makes me suspicious is if I had come across a rich vein of new customers that on the face of it looked like a a complete waste of time to everyone else, but in reality was a gold mine, I'd keep my mouth firmly shut and let the cynics think what they like. You and Jason, in the face of all the cynicism seem to respond to it with ever more claims,  perhaps and quite naturally, because you don't want the rest of us thinking you're a plonker for doing Groupon. If it's so good -shut up and keep it to yourself otherwise you'll have you competitors doing it too and so lose your advantage over them.

Simon

couldn't that be used about truckmounts simon,  ;D ;D ;D sorry mate, couldn't resist ;D

ps... truckmounts are rubbish, they don't do any better or quicker, its just us stopping ourselves from getting embarrassed after throwing all that money away.int that right simon ;)

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 07:18:28 pm »
That's it Mr West. I just had a spare £60k sitting about after a succession of highly profitable Groupon jobs in Timbuktu that brought in floods of new customers all willing to pay ten times the odds for a crap job. ;D

wynne jones

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2011, 07:26:10 pm »
Monty,

Simon

It could be a double bluff though Simon  ;)
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Hilton

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2011, 07:42:39 pm »
Let the downfall , and doom of my business continue ,as I work all hours for no pay when I could be sat in the house watching Jeremy Kyle .

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/sheffield/cleaning-master/1052060

As I understand it, and I might be wrong,

Does not this offer equate to a 81% loss to you on the quoted price, plus 2.5% on all CC transactions taken by Groupon on your behalf.

Correct , you are wrong

In what way...

« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »
I must have done something wrong with my groupon advert then.

401 sold.

working nuts off to clean them all

95% very rich people who just take the p

1 job booked in at full price,

however 25% have had extra work done ordered at the time of booking, that said....

out of the £29 groupon split it 50/50 and then they take 20% VAT so out of £29 I get £11.60 per job

I tried it...

Will not ever be trying it again.... it did get me out of the short term financial crud that I was in after moving area.

Thanks Simon got your mail will reply tomorrow after I get me holiday head off... ;D

Hilton

« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 07:44:46 pm »
So i was right then

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2011, 07:51:51 pm »
You may have been if I had not upped my price on the website.

I cannot comment on Jasons profits etc.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2011, 08:58:34 pm »
As I stated before not only on this thread about GROUPON but on others.  

We carried out a feasability study prior to entering the agreement.

Our deal with groupon does not seem to be the same as other companies deals.

Our advert was nothing like Jason's advert.

I do not know what the people are like in your areas, nor do I know what your company set up is, how you operate or your standard of work or the equipment your run and I certainly do not know how you handle your customers on the phone or in person or even how experienced you are or how long it takes you to carry out a job or what your normal price is.

I have answered peoples questions when asked and I certainly do not think that it is appropriate to slate people or their workmanship when you dont know them or even live in their area.

Groupon has worked for us.

As you said Hector - It got you out of the short term financial crud - so it did do something for you then ????

Adam P

« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2011, 11:16:44 pm »
monty: i assume hector didn't take a pay so at least when depserate it gets you by just about, but possibly making it worse for the future so it's a short term very tiny gain with possibly long term big bad effects, as now groupon are richer, they've got more satisfied customers who'll recommend groupon to others, so less jobs for us and groupon has more money to find and steal our customers. if hector took a pay out of the £11.60 per job (not per hour) including travel time and all other costs i'll be shocked what it was. as has been said many times a quick job at macdo would have paid more.

jason: perhaps a bit too late plus i didn't read the whole thread so may have been said, but the number one questoin to me which you missed was, WOULD YOU PAY FULL PRICE/3 X THE PRICE YOU JUST PAID NEXT TIME YOU WANT YOUR CARPETS CLEANED OR GO BACK TO GROUPON NOW THAT YOU'VE SEEN PAYING PENNIES FOR CAPRET CLEANING THROUGH GROUPON WORKS?

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:26 pm »
monty:
jason: perhaps a bit too late plus i didn't read the whole thread so may have been said, but the number one questoin to me which you missed was, WOULD YOU PAY FULL PRICE/3 X THE PRICE YOU JUST PAID NEXT TIME YOU WANT YOUR CARPETS CLEANED OR GO BACK TO GROUPON NOW THAT YOU'VE SEEN PAYING PENNIES FOR CAPRET CLEANING THROUGH GROUPON WORKS?
Don't ask inconvenient questions like that, you're unlickly to get an answer. ;D

« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2011, 07:09:42 pm »
licky licky, licky licky  ;D
Have you started on the booze already ;D

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »
Not yet, Neil. This is my sensible side. I'm down your way next week looking for some domestic carpet cleaning with LM as I've never seen it on domestics.

Simon

mark_roberts

« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:44 pm »
Why groupon and not living social where you get all the money even from those who dont use the token so Im told.

Mark

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2011, 07:16:46 pm »
Mark,
Coz they are trying to lose as much money as possible. ;D