Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Re: Groupon questionaire
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 10:48:13 pm »
We had lots of calls from people in Southampton wanting to book groupon ( we have a site that ends .co.UK and the guy doing it is .com. ALL of the people had  purchased vouchers and NONE were just booking direct and none of them were commercial customers.

Simon

Sorry failed to mention that we actually cleaned these peoples houses first. - They saw the quality of the work and then stated they wanted quotes doing. All quotes done and accepted.

They stated that they understood the Groupon Marketing Method and based on the quality of our Works can see why we have opted in.

You never know who's house your cleaning - we have actually cleaned 2 No. very famous peoples properties and got paid above average rate for the additional works - which they offerred. There was no upsell on our part.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 10:50:12 pm »
Up selling leaves a nasty taste in the customers mouth, as  tho they have been had and if you adopt that tactic you they are unlikely to use you again which kills of the notion of using groupon as database builder.

Simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 10:53:43 pm »

To redeem the offer the customer gives me a voucher code which I save in batches and when I have the amount I want to submit I e mail them to Groupon  and within 5 days the payment is in my bank , I wont say what the percentage is , however it is a lot more than 50.  

???

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 10:56:29 pm »
Up selling leaves a nasty taste in the customers mouth, as  tho they have been had and if you adopt that tactic you they are unlikely to use you again which kills of the notion of using groupon as database builder.

Simon

Got to agree with you - the future customer is in the quality of the works

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »

Simon

Sorry failed to mention that we actually cleaned these peoples houses first. - They saw the quality of the work and then stated they wanted quotes doing. All quotes done and accepted.

They stated that they understood the Groupon Marketing Method and based on the quality of our Works can see why we have opted in.

You never know who's house your cleaning - we have actually cleaned 2 No. very famous peoples properties and got paid above average rate for the additional works - which they offerred. There was no upsell on our part

Sorry, you've lost me with that lot.

Simon

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 11:02:45 pm »
The commercial works were offered by the people whose houses we cleaned. As I said you never know who they people are or who they work for or in what capacity.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:33 pm »
Sorry for sounding sceptical but I've been in this business for 36 years and have done tens of thousands of jobs and never managed to pick up jobs as you say in such short time.
So far to date we have obtained various commercial contracts including a major carpet retailer chain store group, schools, churches, property investors, estate agents etc - without Groupon none of this would of happened as the Groupon Marketing methods are excellent as they reach the customers that you alone would never be able to reach and all this comes with no financial outlay.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »
The main trouble is I and Simon and many others on here already have our own customer base and for years have got them to pay 'our' prices we don't want to go down the discount route because we are looking for more money for less work (it's true) so to get the amount of work Groupon can bring in sounds wonderful but at the prices charged means we'd have to work harder, the only harder I work is by nurturing my clients, for years Alltec and Joe Polish have been telling us to work smarter not harder Groupon seems to be the exact opposite, luckily the phone still ringings for me.....until Jason's deal starts!

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 11:14:49 pm »
Its limited to 300 deals tomorrow Shaun , and the  people who buy would not otherwise be calling you in the next 2 months.

It is such a shift in thinking that a lot just will not understand how it can be beneficial to a business, as has been said existing established businesses will not benefit from Groupon .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 11:18:52 pm »
Yeah,it is a shift in thinking - to side the side of bonkers ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Phew.....

but like you say Groupon shouldn't affect me different customer, I'm not knocking it just would like to understand it 100% as most of us don't.

Be interesting to read the stats though, age group etc

Shaun

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »
Shaun and Simon as you may be aware, we have only just relocated to this area 5 months ago - its is RUG DOCTOR country - even commercial premises are being cleaned by Mr RD down here - what more can I say.

Glynn

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2011, 11:26:34 pm »
A few Questions  for Jason,
Please answer with straight answers & not like a  politician.

Out of 300 Groupon jobs:
1) how long would it take you ?
2) what would it cost your business ?
3) what profit would you make ?
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2011, 11:28:15 pm »
Monty,
I just don't see how you are going to build a loyal customer base on the back of a bunch of cheap skates. But if it's better than sitting at home earning nothing, then fair enough, I suppose.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 11:32:39 pm »

Out of 300 Groupon jobs:

Glynn,
Please don't encourage him. He is afterball the master of embellishment so you're as likely to get a straight answer as you are to grown hair ;D

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 11:35:22 pm »
Shaun, so far our stats show that 95% of groupon customers are "high end" - solicitors, doctors etc (people with money) average age -  late 30's-45 with teenagers.

We have found that people are using Groupon to find out what the companies are like as they have been ripped off in the past with poor quality works.

So far we have gained extra work off every groupon customer whether it has been their houses, their relatives or friends and even their place of works.

Seriously, have any of you ever directly marketed 400,000 (Bristol/Bath) people in 5 days with backing from a major worldwide company and if so at what cost ? - It was free.

Its not for everyone - but it is working for us

jasonl

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 11:38:17 pm »

Out of 300 Groupon jobs:

Based on the last time .

It will take  around 3oo man hours to carry out the 200 jobs resulting directly

It will cost around 5-6k to do the actual work

I expect around 4-5 k net profit directly

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

The Carpet Cleaning Pro