Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

justin 88

Re: Rotary machine on domestic carpets
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 09:57:41 pm »
i tried a carpet brush, then went on using an oreck, but by far and the most effective is my large rotary. makes sense about wetting the brush first though and keppint it moving over the carpet. thanks for all your advice

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2011, 10:08:15 pm »
Used them for years before we switched to bonnet cleaning.

Now with better Encap products and the introduction of pads it has moved it forward considerably.

1000m2 Carpet -  Cimex 10 - HWE 1

They are heavy beasts tho. in a good way. Take a little getting used to but after an acre or so you have got it.

I still prefer the pre-spraying version not listed by Truvox but still available.

Dont usually bother with the post vacuuming unless its a restoration visit.
Can sometimes get complaints that the carpet is sticky afterwards.
Its not! It is in fact crunchy with the polymers.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2011, 10:26:33 pm »
My mate's dad owned Cimex before it was Truvox he said he could have got me one at cost but I declined I had a cimex many moons before I knew him and by that time had got rid as it was too cumbersome for domestics you had to watch out for the skirting boards sometimes as the spinning disc used to put go faster stripes on them, at the time I used Quadralene foaming shampoo which was quite good.

Jamie what do they call the pre spray encap from Truvox I may give it a try? I'm using bonnet pro and I like it but variety is the spice of life!

Shaun

Russ Chadd

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 12:00:50 am »
I have a Truvox orbis with  a built in pump spray system to prespray whilst operating the rotary... never used it though