Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nigel_W

Re: Couple of questions for Derek West
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 07:51:54 pm »
Tony, the words "who's to say" and the QUESTION MARK at the end make it mean something different to how you've interpreted it.

One last time... TACCA has obviously set requirements to own certain core pieces of equipment because it means you're fully armed to deal with pretty much any carpet cleaning situation.  If you don't own a piece of essential equipment it raises the question of how seriously you take your business.  Sure, you can survive without a rotary a lot of the time but at some point you will NEED one to get a job done properly.  Like it or not, that's the whole point of it.

Jim,

I have managed 22 years without "needing" a rotary for carpet cleaning. You must let me know when you find someone more serious about this business than me ;D

Nigel

Paul Heath

« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 08:10:19 pm »
Billy...i trust its a "rotary iron"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Len Gribble

« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:54 pm »
With out a rotary I wouldn’t get some of my contracts as for spending hundreds I paid £20quid for mine and yes I have upgraded it. It’s now powder coated  ;D

I must get round to filling in the form in
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Milnes

« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 08:28:08 pm »
Jim,

I have managed 22 years without "needing" a rotary for carpet cleaning. You must let me know when you find someone more serious about this business than me Grin

Is it just me and a few others? I have rarely used a rotary machine on domestic jobs. I find there is no need to.

What in fact does a rotary machine do? I have used one on a few commercial jobs but would never put the weight of a rotary on most domestic jobs....being over kill and subjecting the carpet to possible damage!

A rotary is definately not necessary in carpet cleaning but only in exceptional circumstances.

Just my view :)

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 08:32:19 pm »
Would a Rotovac 360i qualify?

I dont have one btw. Just askin.

Billy Russell

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 08:37:35 pm »
Better than eastenders this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

I think helen has summed it up for me!!!

Thank you Helen , you saved me typing all that!!!!  ;D

i have got some veiws on the subject, but i really hate typing long posts!  ;D but if anybody wants to know them your more than welcome to give me a call 07538 089693, or pop to my unit for a brew and a chat!!!! Address on the website!!! perhaps i should get myself a PA to write my posts!!!!!   ;D ;D ;D

Put it all in an e-mail for me Billy, send it to me and I will type it out for you ;D ;D ;D My PA rates are very reasonable, a bunch of flowers and a pizza will suffice ;D ;D

aaaaawwwwww, a woman after my own heart!!!!  ;D  

would love to email but i'd have to type it then!!!!!!!!! Come on Helen, get with the program!!!!!  ;D ;D

Hang on Just one god damn minute!!!!! (light Bulb moment!!!) perhaps i can record it and send it by email!!!!!! HHHMMMMMM, is that possible??? Perhaps your further ahead with the program than i am Helen!!!! You got the job!!!!! Bunch of flowers and a pizza per post!!!! Sounds like we got ourselves a deal!!!!!! ;D ;D

Tony Rowley

« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 09:16:53 pm »
I have spoken via email with Derek today, and although I do not in any way regret starting this thread I accept the difficulties he is encountering whilst trying to start TACCA and which ever way my application goes I wish him the best of luck with TACCA and the future.

However......

Tony, do us a favor and slap the url for your website on here so we can see what you are about. The one in your profile doesn't work, I wonder why?

Neil, trust you are happy now that i am a carpet cleaner! anything else you want to know?

Jim

Have you seen the SERIOUS damage someone can do with a rotary machine if they dont know what they are doing?

IMO using a rotary in a domestic premises would be overkill on any I have seen recently.

In the future I suggest you are more careful with your words then you wont offend people like me who built their business from the ground up without help from anyone else.

Tony

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
Billy you know the old joke

"can I use your dictaphone" asked lady in office,
"no you can use your finger like everyone else!" says man in office.

Shaun

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2011, 09:38:45 pm »
Tony, do us a favor and slap the url for your website on here so we can see what you are about. The one in your profile doesn't work, I wonder why?

Neil, trust you are happy now that i am a carpet cleaner! anything else you want to know?

A lot of things but seriously......
There are enough who frequent forums (and not for 1 second am I saying you are one of them) who talk a good storey, almost to the point of telling us their the next Rainbow/CD/SM when in fact they can't string a comprehensible sentence together on a one page website. When I wanted to see what you were about all I came across was a blank page.

Right, that's that sorted who's next ;D

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2011, 09:54:08 pm »
me, me... pick me.

Billy Russell

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2011, 09:57:32 pm »
Billy you know the old joke

"can I use your dictaphone" asked lady in office,
"no you can use your finger like everyone else!" says man in office.

Shaun

Trust you!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2011, 10:16:30 pm »
Hi Guys

It's worth bearing in mind that some of the largest carpet manufacturers in the world ban the use of rotaries or they invalidate the guarantee.

Personally like Len, I make some of my best money out of them but it's perfectly possible to clean a carpet with other means of agitation.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »
Very subtle Doug

Jim_77

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 12:00:41 am »
Nigel, knowing you as I do I would never call your credentials into question.  However I also know you own a rotary machine ;) ;)

Doug, what you say may well be true but how often has any carpet cleaner been asked by their customer if they are using methods which will invalidate any sort of guarantee ???  (or warranty maybe?)  By the time we get to see any such carpets they are usually far outside of such territory, or if they are still within a warranty/guarantee period the reason we'd need to be cleaning them would very possibly mean the warranty has already been broken!!

I've been asked about this in a few situations and they are always stain removal jobs on nearly-new carpets, which aren't the kind of thing where a rotary is needed anyway.

Tony, have you seen the SERIOUS damage someone can do with just about any machine or tool if they don't know what they're doing?  I've see more carpets damaged by vacuum cleaners than anything else, maybe we should get them banned :)

As someone who's also built my business from the ground up without help from anyone else, I have just as much right to voice my opinion as any other forum user :)  Maybe my wording was a little provocative but hey, we are all passionate about what we do.

p.s. I've got a spare rotary for sale if you want it :-* :-* :D

fitz2kleen

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:39 am »
Of course there are circumstances where a rotary would cause damage.... like wise there are times when hwe is not suitable.
i thought the idea was for us to be professional enough to know the difference, know which one to use when and have the competance to use all methods.

Shoot me if im wrong, i usually am whenever i post anything on here  ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2011, 06:45:33 am »
Of course there are circumstances where a rotary would cause damage.... like wise there are times when hwe is not suitable.
i thought the idea was for us to be professional enough to know the difference, know which one to use when and have the competance to use all methods.

Shoot me if im wrong, i usually am whenever i post anything on here  ;D

BANG BANG ;D ;D ;D

Nigel_W

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2011, 06:52:35 am »
Nigel, knowing you as I do I would never call your credentials into question.  However I also know you own a rotary machine ;) ;)

You are correct Jim I do own a rotary - in fact I have 4 :o Thing is I don't use them for carpet cleaning  only stone cleaning and restoration.

My point was that it is perfectly possible to operate professionally within this industry without the need to employ a rotary machine for carpet cleaning. This may not be the case in your business or  Derek's but for many other operaters (including me), who work in different niches of the market, rotaries are simply not needed. Basically anyone not doing commercial work is unlikey to needto have one. That cuts out a large proportion of the carpet cleaning community which does not seem to make sense for a new organisation that is trying to garner support.

I love your passion it always makes for interesting debate. These forums would be boring if we didn't have points to debate.

Nigel

ps.  I also have 2 x Blueline chemical containers for my truckmount  ;D No true professional would go without at least one :P

fitz2kleen

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2011, 07:44:56 am »

BANG BANG ;D ;D ;D[/quote]

cheers Billy  ;D

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2011, 09:00:20 am »
Had a nasty accident myself using a rotary once :'(

Taught me a lesson it did.

DON'T USE THEM ON THE ROOF FOR CLEANING SOLAR PANELS ;D ::)
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2011, 09:20:34 am »
i thought the idea was for us to be professional enough to know the difference, know which one to use when and have the competance to use all methods

and all methods at our disposal?

Is that not what TACCA is looking for?