Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dry fusion
« on: September 22, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »
any of you guys tried dry fusion carpet cleaner

Phil @ Extreme Clean

Re: dry fusion
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:38:27 pm »
Hi Andrew iv'e been using the dry fusion setup for 2 years and think it's great mate very good setup and easy to use.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

clare jones

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:50:45 pm »
Hi Phil,

we have just decided to add carpet cleaning to our services which are currently comm kitchen cleaning and extraction systems, we have been looking at the airflex storm, without sounding to naive what are the main advantages of dry fusion as oposed to hwe, we are not going to take on any work until we have done the ncca course but am really in a fix as which way to go with the carpet cleaning.

we have purchased a second hand pro chem steempro but dont know if this will be adequate as the majority of our business is pubs.

Any help appreciated.

CJ

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:05 pm »
Stick with water extraction for pubs.

Dry Fusion is a great system but would be my last choice for that type of environment.

clare jones

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 05:12:39 pm »
thanks for the advice, we have been toying with the idea for a few months after losing a well established pub contract after our carpet suby destroyed a carpet. Our expertise is in kitchens, pest control, and extractors.

we have just picked up a pub contract which is bigger than the one we lost but they want us to do carpets at the same time we do kitchens, ie overnight, so we are going to get the required training as dont want wet carpets when the pub opens at 9am, bet you cant which chain.

We really don't want to do carpets but the client is adamant no sub cons, basicly all or nothing.

can't afford or warrant a tm, is the storm the canines genitalia.

CJ

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 05:29:38 pm »
i disagree on the pub thing iv'e done a few pubs and always had good results plus you can be in and out before they open with the carpet left dry.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 05:33:08 pm »
Do you have an alternative system?

I know back in my HOST distribution days they would tell me that it can be used for pub work. IN reality its quicker with a wand and an airmover.

clare jones

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 05:41:33 pm »
This is becoming a nightmare,

I thiought my mind was made up, we have at our disposal, numatic single speed, cleanfix duo speed, scrubber drier, pro chem steempro, no exp in carpet cleaning and a 4k budget.

I want great results and carpets dry in 6 hours tops, although I cant see the 9 am punters complaining the carpet is damp.

By the way we have 3 second hand air movers I imagine these would aid drying time ?

Feeling like a free loader now, anyone want to know anything about kitchens or ext systems, I can return the favour.

CJ

jasonl

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 05:46:32 pm »
I do  lots of pubs , using rotary systems , obviously not thick black top throughout , but it will  clean up  well with a good rake/vac / spray/brush /pad on it , and be dry within 2 hours
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:53 pm »
Phillip,
I'd love to see some before and after pictures of a pub being done with DF. Domestic too if you have any. Do you have a website?

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »
The only way to clean a pub carpet properly is with an RX20 and a TM, dry in an hour - simples.

Simon

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 05:54:52 pm »
If it is thick blacktop then you use the shampoo brush, with plenty of fusion clean or HD microsplitter down, and then go over it again with pads, dry in an hour too.

simples too

;D ;D

clare jones

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2011, 05:55:45 pm »
Is that what you carpet pro's call LM, which I assume and will stand coorected is low moisture.

I have exhausted the research and really don't want to do this but I have no choice, my head is in bits with micro splitters, was told will clean anything, pre spray, scrub, extract, does that mean more equipment, ie numatic over the carpet then extract with cc machine.

I need a drink. ;D

Simon Gerrard

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »
I don't have a website no and as said restore as prespray with retore brush on blacktop the activator with the pads easy.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

creighton foyle

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »
when i took delivery of my dry fusion machine the guy came along to my social club where we cleaned one of the carpets so he could show me how to use the machine, that had some black top and i was impressed as to how well the df system cleaned the carpets. if it was a really bad carpet i can see how the first clean might take a little longer using df but i think regular subsequent cleans would be a lot easier.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:04 pm »
Regular cleans would become easier as after the 1st your stain block is applied so the next clean would be easier to remove the soils.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »
No Simon just plain and simple LM machine

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 06:34:45 pm »
I'll bet you can clean Hectares of carpet with it tho ;D

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 06:38:40 pm »