Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Russ Chadd

Airflex Storm or Jaguar?
« on: August 29, 2011, 10:31:29 am »
Ok... as many of you on here are aware of these two great machines i need some honest feedback please!
I am on a budget like alot of people on here... sure if i had the work to quickly pay off a TM there would be no question what my choice of machine would be.. however im not quite at that stage yet so i am looking for a porty with high flow and high lift which will give me similar performance to an entry level TM.

I have a really good idea of utilising the power of my small hot water pressure washer which can supply up to 90 deg C of water at a steady 400psi, this would sit on the van next to either the above machine, this would in fact save using the machines on board pump when used on the van.

Here is an example of what i mean...

http://youtu.be/hqPMMR-9rDU

So here is the question... which of the two porty's mentioned would be the right choice if you were me?

Thanks

Colin Day

Re: Airflex Storm or Jaguar?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 05:20:28 pm »
I think it's far too early to pose this question. You'd need somebody to have gone over both machines with a fine tooth comb.

I would obviously have to say Jaguar, because I own and use one.

The performance is quite simply, amazing...

Russ Chadd

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 05:35:56 pm »
Thanks Colin, your input is much appreciated... maybe what this forum needs is a review section, where independent working carpet cleaners get to try stuff out and give their honest and un biased opinions?
This would help people like me who is in the market for some new equipment.

Billy Russell

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 05:36:36 pm »
your mistaken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i believe its 800psi!!!!!  ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 05:54:41 pm »
Sold you the jaguar though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 What a salesman!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Billy Russell

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »
yep, just checked 0-800psi!!!! Colin you really have to start reading instead of just looking at the pictures!!! lol ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
It's 800psi Colin, mines coming Thursday ;D

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »
Think your right with the 800 psi,s might be ordering one too ;)

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:50:53 pm »
800 psi, hope youve got a good bucket boy
Mark

oliver collins

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 09:08:04 pm »
Hi

Good point was wondering that, dont you just burn though loads of water

Oliver Rise & Shine Cleaning

Gary Humphreys

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2011, 09:14:51 pm »
Have a look at Airflex . I have tried the trial version with remote control system with autofill and automatic waste tank emptying system.
I've been very impressed.
Who wants to keep filling and emptying a machine?

robert meldrum

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2011, 10:19:24 pm »
Any wiser ????

Most posts about machines are just opinions but on this thread you have some experienced and knowledgable people who've " walked the walk " and used a variety of machines so their opinions are worth heeding.

Your idea has passed through many carpet cleaner's minds and I recently used a pairing of an electric T/M for vacuum paired with portable that had a 1000 psi pump.

Most I ever used / needed was just over 500 psi and in most cases under 300 psi.

I no longer have the T/M and am about to put the portable on e'bay as I only need a smallish portable for upholstery work.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2011, 10:52:29 pm »
The opinions are very much welcome as i am a firm believer in reviews on forums are nearly always going to be accurate rather that the info on the distributors web site.There is nothing like real people getting hands on with the products and using them in real life scenarios.

I think that a machine capable of pushing out a maximum pressure of 800psi would only ever work at around 250 - 400 psi for carpets... i suppose its better to have a pump working at half pressure than a 400psi pump running flat out.

So you guys who have Airflex turbo's... what are they like when you leave them on the van and run out 100' of hose? whats the vacuum like at the wand?
I currently use a steem pro which to be honest is a good machine for what it is, for me to step up to either an Airflex or Jag  would i see a big improvement in performance?

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2011, 10:58:18 pm »
No need anymore for a bucket boy with the Jaguar, autofill and dump come as standard. More than happy with mine. Cannot comment on the Airflex as I have no experience of that make.
At one stage I would have liked to have a truckmount but could'nt afford the price so sayed with portables. Now years later, and I am not boasting but I could buy a fleet of truckmounts . However I am happy to stay with portables as they have advanced so much in the past few years. As I live hundreds of miles away from any tm dealer servicing would be a problem anyway.

Colin Cadle

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 11:09:33 pm »
Russ
Definatly yes!
Whichever you decide to choose you'll see a huge improvement. Both the Airflex & Jaguar have their strong & not so strong points, it just up to you which one fits your criteria.
My son bought 2 remotes for his Jaguar from Maplin for about £20 & he liked its simplicity. As it's being run from the back of his people carrier height was an issue & the fact that the switches are all on front was a big plus, but equally the Airflex looks nice & big (big as in industrial) & seems just as impressive.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 11:12:12 pm »
No need anymore for a bucket boy with the Jaguar, autofill and dump come as standard. More than happy with mine. Cannot comment on the Airflex as I have no experience of that make.
At one stage I would have liked to have a truckmount but could'nt afford the price so sayed with portables. Now years later, and I am not boasting but I could buy a fleet of truckmounts . However I am happy to stay with portables as they have advanced so much in the past few years. As I live hundreds of miles away from any tm dealer servicing would be a problem anyway.

Thanks Fintan

So how longs are your hoses? do you tend to keep the machine on the van and run it off a seperate fresh water tank? (how big is it and whats the average consumption for your average 2 bed house)
Do you run some hose from the auto dump into a sewer drain or do you have a waste tank?

Cheers

Russ

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 11:34:34 pm »
Russ, I use one lenght of 50 ft 2inch hose which is long enough for most domestic houses. I also carry two lenghts of 25 ft hose, sometimes have to attach one extra length but very rarely need the final length. I could easily keep the machine on the van but I normally sit it just outside the customers door. I run a hose directly from the customers tap to the machine, this keeps filling the solution tank as it is being used. As the machine is constantly filling and emptying as you work you don't really worry about how much water you are using, adequate to flush the carpet well and not too much so as to leave it overwet (although the powerful vac's will take care of that anyway). I run a lenght of hose from the auto dump out to the nearest sewer drain or gulley or sometimes out on the grass. Do not have a waste tank but I understand this is the law in some places but not where I operate.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 11:46:44 pm »
Thanks Fintan

This is beginning to make sense now... would be great to see these machine in a side by side demo!, so what do you do about hot water then? did you have a look at the video link at the begining of the thread? do you think this could work ok with your machine?
I have just been looking at the "perfect heat" system on the CFR website... looks like a good idea to pre heat the water before it reaches the main heat exchanger, only a matter of time before someone makes a similar system which can be retro fitted !

james roffey

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 02:40:14 pm »
50 ft does 90% of my jobs and i have never needed 100ft yet used 75% sometimes and no noticeable loss of suction with 2inch hose i use the Airflex turbo, dont bother leaving on the van as its quite easy to unload and leave outside the house never take it inside though no need.
The Airflex storm and Jaguar are so new that you will not get a review of both alongside each other. so you will get each persons own experience of the machine they have, i would be wary of anyone saying that the Jaguar is better that the Airflex or vice versa unless someone has both and has used them both in the real world.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 02:55:36 pm »
That's a fair comment James, usually 50' is fine to cover the downstairs area but i have found that its not quite enough to reach all over an average size house and that's why i want to go 100'.
The auto fill and dump features make either machine a good choice on or out of the van, its a ball ache having to down tools every time you want to empty or fill up.