This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woody1

0 hour contracts
« on: August 18, 2011, 06:18:03 pm »
i asked my accountant about this he said you can't do this. I only asked as i want to employ some time in the future but dont want to be paying holiday pay and sick pay. What do you guys do

Simon@ Clearview contractors

Re: 0 hour contracts
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:32:54 pm »
I've read into these and it seem that if you employ anybody for over 12 weeks then they are entitled to holiday pay.

Maybee a 12 week rolling temp contract?

davids3511

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:47:34 pm »
i asked my accountant about this he said you can't do this. I only asked as i want to employ some time in the future but dont want to be paying holiday pay and sick pay. What do you guys do
Surely you need a subcontractor then and pay the the appropriate rate.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:00:46 pm »
since when did accountants become experts in employment law, ask someone is an expert in that field.

edward1

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:35 pm »
mmmmmm as above
you always speak a lot of sense stu .

woody1

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:20:49 pm »
thank thats what i thought i will ask the right people

mci services

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 07:30:04 pm »
A quick search would show that zero hours contracts are legal, however it doesn't mean they are not entitled to holiday pay etc.

there holiday pay is worked out on a pro rata basis based on how many hours they have actually worked

Pope vader

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:37 pm »
the main prob with 0 contracts is the worker doesnt have to do any hours for you either and can leave for a other job,  most agency workers are on 0 contracts, 

what loyality would you give some one who was only prepared to put you on a 0 contracts and not pay you sick pay or holiday pay

the bfg

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:54 am »

if I worked for a w/c and they did that to me I would start poaching their customers and canvass the areas concerned and very slowly and quietly I would start building my own round while working for the greedy tightarse bar steward.

loyalty is a 2 way street,   you look after your employees and they will look after you and earn you money

woody1

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:00 am »
it was only a question you big sye get of your high horse, by the way i wouldn't employ you any way you are a div  ;D

Neil Gornall

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 07:22:00 am »

if I worked for a w/c and they did that to me I would start poaching their customers and canvass the areas concerned and very slowly and quietly I would start building my own round while working for the greedy tightarse bar steward.

loyalty is a 2 way street,   you look after your employees and they will look after you and earn you money
I agree with that.

Why would you not want to pay someone holiday pay? I can see the reasons behind not offering sick pay but holiday pay is not only a legal requirment its also a fair expectation.
If someone does an honest days work for you they should be paid within their rights. Not taken advantage of by a tight arsed employer.

sgibsoncleaning

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 07:24:17 am »
zero hour contracts should be banned.
how can anyone run a house bring up a family on a zero hour contract. today you work next week you dont.
you want a worker to show commitment to you as an employer yet you show none to them. you cant have it both ways

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:57:55 am »
zero hour contracts should be banned.
how can anyone run a house bring up a family on a zero hour contract. today you work next week you dont.
you want a worker to show commitment to you as an employer yet you show none to them. you cant have it both ways

i'll second that

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

the bfg

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 09:15:55 am »
it was only a question you big sye get of your high horse, by the way i wouldn't employ you any way you are a div  ;D

can you send me back my resamay please gobs.h.i.t.e  :D

woody1

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »
no problem you big bender  ;D

the bfg

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 05:29:27 pm »
cheers pillow biter  :D

woody1

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13:31 pm »