Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

No Answer
« on: August 09, 2011, 06:06:03 pm »
I cannot believe how many cc's don't answer their phones during the day. We've had a number of people say to us recently that we were the only company that answered the phone. The others either don't answer or have an answering machine message saying they will ring people back, but don't!
And then people complain they their are quiet. :o
Staggering!
Simon

AshWhite

Re: No Answer
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »
Quite what?

:P

Ash
Carpet Cleaning http://www.floors2show.co.uk
Google Adwords Management http://www.pagecrest.co.uk

mark_roberts

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 06:37:52 pm »
Its hard to hear and then answer and talk using a TM.  Get the same all the time too.

Was recently trying to get a spark near me.  No answer and not even a voice mail message just Mrs Orange and then a callback two days later.

Mark

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »
I cannot believe how many cc's don't answer their phones during the day. We've had a number of people say to us recently that we were the only company that answered the phone. The others either don't answer or have an answering machine message saying they will ring people back, but don't!

We hear that too, and the reason they get through to us is because if we're both out then the phone goes onto divert to mobile. 

Colin Day

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »
I always ring back, even if they don't leave a message. But if I miss a call during work on my mobile, I ring back as soon as I have the opportunity... It's not rocket science....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:19:18 pm »
I've just bought an IPhone, the only reason i bought it was because of the volume of the ring-tone, its the only phone I've had which i can stand next the T/m and still here it ring.

I used to have 3-4 calls a day go to Vodafone answerphone
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 11:56:22 pm »
Can't believe with the technology that's been around for at least a decade phones go unnoticed or unheard or not diverted .

Phones vibrate ....................and it's easy to divert domestic calls to mobiles and never miss a call and why would the sound of a t/m which is surely well away from where the operator is workingbe a problem. I'd expect the sound from some portables to be a lot louder and a lot closer.

I've used divert for years and with the phone on vibrate / loud ring never missed calls,

kinder clean

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 12:51:13 am »
Slightly off the topic, but we had 4 quotes for a replacement central heating system over a week ago now, and still not received one quote back  ??? rang them again today, got excuses ranging from, i've been very busy, I'm not very good with computers  ::) and even. . . .i'll be honest i forgot all about it - This for a £3k plus job ???

Plumbers must all be rich or bloody lazy.

Paul

mark_roberts

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 01:21:07 am »
Robert

Try standing beside the wand hooked to a TM and hear/use the phone.  Impossible.  Wand noise is way louder than a portable.

Mark

colin thomas

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 05:51:15 am »
use a bluetooth earpiece, you'll hear the 'phone ring then,

colin
colin thomas

Mr Dvae

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 07:04:41 am »
custys like to use people who're busy

clinton

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47:12 am »
Must addmit i sometimes dont hear the phone all the time etc..

Doug Holloway

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 07:53:26 am »
Hi Guys

When I'm busy like the last couple of months, I filter my calls by largely letting them go to anwerphone and ring back the one's I want to.

It would be physically impossible to do all the work.

Cheers

Doug

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 08:55:48 am »
That's a bit unprofessional, Douglas.
Plus, I think a touch of bragging thrown in for good measure. 'I'm so busy I can't take all of my calls and have to filter them.' What a load of cobblers!

Simon

Steve Chapman

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 09:36:02 am »
I do like to answer as many calls as possible, but there are times when you pitch up at a job usually monday morning and the phone rings one call after another, i usually answer a couple and then let the others go to voice mail, i always ring back whithin the hour.

I would never get the job done otherwise and not fair on the customer if you are there on your phone when you should be cleaning thier carpet.

It would be impossible to answer every single call unless all you did was sit waiting for it to ring all day.

Most of the time the people who cant wait for you to get back to them are the nightmare customers any way  :(   so a good way of filtering them out  ;)

Steve

robert meldrum

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 10:03:25 am »
Forgot to add that in addition to diverting I've used an earpiece for many years and you can hear the phone through the earpiece as well as feel it vibrate in your pocket.

There have been a few suggestions recently that getting a T/M will suddenly make you extremely busy which is obviously nonesense and if you can't answer the phone how come you're so busy ?

from edge2edge

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 11:49:54 am »
Simon i thing Dougs in a position to filter as he says and choose which one he responds to which is quite an enviable position to be in being able to cherry pick who you work for.I would like to be there one day myself.Regards Alan(swindon)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 12:14:04 pm »
Hi Guys

It's taken a long time to get in that position and I make no apologies for all the  hard work that has gone into it.

It is more professional to answer calls later, rather than keep stopping or try to answer above all the noise.

It works well, those who are old customers, recommendations or have studied my web sites and want me to carry out their cleaning will leave messages, and those that don't will ring someone else.

The beauty of being your own boss is that you can use a system which suits you.

Cheers

doug

Colin Day

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:19 pm »
Even I filter phone calls out... It's usually the ones where they are enquiring about an oven clean..... ;D