Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Tony Rowley

Thank you
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:38:55 pm »
As someone who has been a member for a while and has only until recently posted i think it would be appropriate to say thank you.

I have been for some while what many would refer to as a "lurker" in the background looking at posts and making no contribution to this forum.

I would like to say that this forum is mostly a great place and is an excellent source of information. For anyone that reads this "you cannot pay pay for the knowledge you can obtain here" and i can honestly say that it has improved me and the way i run my business beyond comprehension. Dont get me wrong i am no ones idiot but i thought i knew everything and it turns out i didnt know nearly half what i thought.

Now i dont want this to turn into a hard read but would just like to say that the forum, its moderators and its main contributors should rightly be proud of the online community they have created for other carpet cleaners.

On the down side there are a few people that are so for up their own.......... you know the rest, really does probably put (well put me off anyway) off new people posting for fear of looking or feeling stupid.

Anyway thanks for helping me and hopefully i can give something back by contributing in the future.

Cheers

Tony

garyj

Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:49:21 pm »
Damn, I haven't trying enough, one slipped through  :P

Tony Rowley

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
Wasnt refering to you Gary.

Tony

derek west

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »
Damn, I haven't trying enough, one slipped through  :P
;D your losing it gary.

garyj

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:43:38 pm »
Post away Tony, you have to try really hard to look stupid around here  :)

garyj

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 11:57:44 pm »
Just so we can get to know more about you Tony can you tell us your views on Groupon?

Also do you use a porti or truck mount? Discuss the benefits of your chosen system over the other ( always a way to make yourself popular  :) )

Tony Rowley

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 09:14:48 am »
Garyj

After following the thread on Groupon and taking time to think about the whole thing from a more rational business point of view i would say that given the person starting the thread (jasonl) was moving to a new area and wanted to build a customer base fast i suppose under those conditions it could have its benefits, lots of work, vans on the road in the city/town/local villages giving you a presence and helping make your company name comonplace in the area. Not sure if you would benefit from a loyal customer base in the long run but then that would depend on how you manage your customers.

To sum up i can see some benefits but would I do it...............probably not.

I use a porty, a powrflight at the moment, must say its a top machine and is the best portable I have used.
Do I think its better than a truckmount? I couldnt say for definate because I have never used a truckmount but I would say that it has a lot to do with the operator and the equipment although very important is secondary.

The areas I work I dont think I could run a truckmount, working in london with lots of house conversions, everyone with cars, parking is really a premium so sometimes i can be parked half a street away from my actual job. Also most people are paranoid about being robbed and unless i am working downstairs or on the bottom flight of stairs I always bring everything inside and close the front door. Most thieves are opportunists and an open front door is an opportunity that they would find hard to resist.

There, nothing too controversial

Tony

mark joyce

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 01:25:19 pm »
Well said tony and welcome to the site

I know what you mean about the first posts and all that