This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

petetaylor56

sign writing on van
« on: October 20, 2005, 10:46:24 pm »
 :)can i put high leval window cleaning or pure water pole system on my van or are they like some  other named trade marks or has any one any ideas so i can inform people what i do  :)
today i be mostly wfp

Sarah Sarill

Re: sign writing on van
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 10:49:50 pm »
Pete,

There is no copyright on wording so long as it not the same font and colour.

Used to work for a newspaper - try to keep away from mimicking as that may stand up in court.  Remember that virgin once got done for its coke cans looking too much like coca cola ones.

Sarah
Sarah

petetaylor56

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 10:55:01 pm »
 :)cheers sarah dont want to step on the big companies toes only one man band :)
today i be mostly wfp

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 10:57:48 pm »
Pete,

The thing with tis type of wording is that most residential customers dont understand what it means.  If its for a van just tell them what you need to ie WINDOW CLEANER.

You could say ladderless but keep it simple.  Good luck anyway.

Sarah
Sarah

petetaylor56

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 11:01:30 pm »
 :)i have window cleaner in big letters on side and back of van but would like to mention i am also ladderless its just getting wording right so any new customers  know what i have :)
today i be mostly wfp

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 11:54:29 pm »
Like Sarah says.

The only fact that unless you are a big company that is important, is that you clean windows.

Just keep it simple and have in big big big letters is the words 'window cleaners'  and also have in big letter is your phone number.

As for the the 'reach and wash' stuff. To most almost all people it means nothing at present.

How you clean windows is totally unimportant in terms of sign writing.

All that people who are prospective customers are interested in, is that you clean windows.

Cheers

neil100

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 09:40:20 am »
Hi,

Iv'e just bought my first Van, and I'm after getting it sign written,I've spent two months looking at every van that passes me for what stands out and what doesnt,

I have been working on the design, wording,symbols,colouring,and am now happy with my fianl design. I want to advertise what I do and to bring in more work as I seek to expand in the next three years.

I,ll post pics when its fianally done.