This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

How wide is your Hose?
« on: October 20, 2005, 07:31:03 pm »
Switching over to wfp system in the next 6 weeks.

So I've been thinking while up my ladder today about the thickness of my hose.

Is anybody useing micro bore hose instead of  normal half inch?

Do you find it easier to use?

Whats the pros and cons useing it.

Gardiner says it can save half an hour a day.Is that true? because if it is then I thought every one would be useing it.

Your feedback would be most appreciated.  Nel.

squeaky-clean 1

Re: How wide is your Hose?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 07:48:06 pm »
hi i use 6mm hose on our reals

pro   it runs two poles from one pump better than 1/2 in

pro   it is lighter to real in and being a woman that makes a lot of difference

pro   it does'nt get cought on bushes as much as 1/2 in

Belinda
Belinda
the real boss.

neil100

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:09:40 am »
Thanks Belinda,

Nice to get a positive feedback that 6mm hose works well. Its what I'm going to go for I think.

It suprises me that more companys dont sell it with their systems if its got so many benefits.

My freind last night was showing me his power shower he's installed in his house,which works off smaller bore pipes then normal pipes.He said their will be more pressure in the hose but the water will come through faster and the higher the pole goes the more effecient it will be.

Nel

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 06:05:56 pm »
A word of caution!!

The small gauge hose is fine for the pole hose, but the longer it gets, the less efficient it becomes.
When you are using up to 50m and above on a hose reel the water flow can drop to a trickle.
This doesn't happen with standard guage hosepipe.

As a rather weak example, try blowing down some standard 1/2 inch copper pipe, say 3 or 4 metres of the stuff, then try and do the same with the narrow guage stuff.
Or try it with standard hose and the 6ml hose, even on a short length you will find it much harder to blow down.

This is why those who use van mounts and 50m plus hose reels use the standard guage hose.

Give the guys at Cleantech a ring, they have had first hand experience of this (it was these guys that explained it to me, I was intending on going down the small bore route too when I started.)

And the small stuff gets just as bloody tangled too :-\

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 07:17:13 pm »
And the small stuff gets just as bloody tangled too

Have you ever noticed it seems to get tangled easier if you are in  a rush or showing of the system to someone....
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

dai

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 11:38:28 am »
I use 8mm bore Tricoflex. I have 30mtrs on the hose reel and up the pole. Works fine with a 60psi pump, still have to keep the Variflow turned down to the 9oclock position to save water. If I turn the Variflow up to max I get 10ft jets coming out of my Vykan brush. Dai

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2005, 07:24:02 pm »
Hi all,

We have been using Gardiner Pole Systems 'Microbore' now for 3 years and yes it does save a lot of time and yes the pressure is fine at the pole end.

We use a 100psi pump with two reels of 100 metres and a 60 psi pump with either one reel of 100 metres or two reels of 60 metres.

We started off with standard tricoflex, etc. and they just dont work as well, we now run all of our vehicles on it.

Once you've been converted you will never go back!

Alex Gardiner
 :)

neil100

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 06:42:35 pm »
Went to have a look at a lads garage ro set up and how he had set up his van mount system on saturday.

He had 2 reels of microbore hose running of one 100 psi pump. he has a 80' pole for some work and says he never has a problem with flow rate. In fact switching from 1/2" to microbore is the best thing hes done since going wfp 5 years ago. And as far as he was concerned I should not even consider 1/2".

nel

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 09:29:02 pm »
What exactly is microbore? I use 6mm with my trolley but no reel. I want to have a compact hose and reel but don't want to lose pressure. Is this possible and from where would I get it?
It's a game of three halves!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 03:01:56 pm »
Yes it is possible.

Have a look on our site www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk. Have a look under 'hoses' we also sell a wide variety of adapters to convert to and from Microbore.

Hope that helps
Alex