This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sarah Sarill

why shouldn't we ???
« on: October 20, 2005, 06:35:46 pm »
My w/c (!!!) has been cleaning my windows by wfp since July.  They have never been so clean with all that practicing !!!!!

He has just informed me that for the past 3 weeks ( 3 cleans) he has only rinsed them.  I have not noticed any difference to the result done the proper way with wfp and I am probably his worst critic.

So my question is (and dare you admit it but)  has anyone tried this once a few cleans have been done with no, or little spotting ?  Is there any real reason why this can be done, say every other month and for the techies  what effect would this have on the glass/pure water  and any subsequent cleans ?

Regards,

Sarah

Sarah

Re: why shouldn't we ???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 06:50:51 pm »
I would say that he should wait 4 to 6 weeks, then just give a rinse and see what happens.

Every experiment requires a 'control'.

If he's been doing them weekly; maybe that's how he's been getting away with it?

H h20

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 07:04:33 pm »
Sarah,are you for real? you actually pay a window cleaner to do your windows,and you are a window cleaner yourself,well the expression why have a dog if you can bark yourfelf does`nt apply in your house,i do my windows knowing they are being done by "The Best",Gaz.  :D

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 07:12:44 pm »
Might have something to do with how much water he uses - if its up high with a bit of force I suppose that might help
I wouldn't try it - I wash the dishes in our house and wouldn't just dip them in the water if you can compare it like that :)

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 08:34:26 pm »
When we got our wfp up and running 5 or 6 weeks ago I obviously did my own windows.

Forget the fact I have a w/c who I pay (yes I'm lazy) .... My windows get dirty very quickly especially if it is windy as I live on top of a hill and nearish to the sea. So every Sunday I clean my own windows with wfp to see if I'm improving and getting quicker.

The first time I was quite impressed and had a few spots but the last time I done them, last Sunday, they were spotless.

Just before it got dark this evening after reading the above I just rinsed the windows at the back and now that they are drying, they are a mess.

So .... my own experiment is that just rinsing fairly dirty and fairly salty windows doesn't work.

Well it didn't on my place at least.  ???

Cheers

rosskesava

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 08:47:09 pm »
Hi Sarah

So you should feel guilty, making me slave away outside on my own windows after a heavy days work.

I'm now fed up doing my own windows anyway.

I'll wait until my own personal w/c does them the good old fashioned traditional way.

Cheers

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 10:03:53 pm »
HI Everyone,

(Long time no see, so to say)

I am amazed that some of you have window cleaners. Not that it matters that you are window cleaners anyway. Prior to setting up, my wife had not seen a window cleaner in well over two years and only recently have I spotted one or two new faces around. So count yourselves lucky to be able to have one, where i count myself lucky not to have one (more work for me to have u c  ;D )

Andrew

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 10:06:01 pm »
Hi Andrew,

Nice to see you back.

Until we purchased a wfp my windows were uncleaned for over 6 months.  Since then will has done them weekly or more often sometimes !!.  Cant stop him now !!!

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

rosskesava

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 10:26:20 pm »
Hi Andrew

Where have you been?

I bet you love doing your own windows. ;D

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 10:36:17 pm »
Hi Ross

I haven’t been anywhere so to say apart from doing other things (which u know about), which has not left me much time to come on here and give input on subjects, but I am managing my time better now :-)

I do love doing my own windows, apart from when my wife is watching every step I make, trying her hardest to find a mistake (all in fun though). I can honestly say though, I have the cleanest windows in our street and our frames are as clean as our neighbors, who has just had new double glazing installed, yet ours are about six years old  ;D

Andrew

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 10:44:10 pm »
Hi Sarah,

I am personally sorted, with the way I have organised myself now, but the other still has a long way to go, but it really will be worth it in the end and that is what is important.

Andrew

rosskesava

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 11:15:43 pm »
Hi Andrew

Good for you mate.

Cheers