Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

♠Winp®oClean♠

THE BEST POLE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
« on: July 25, 2011, 07:54:23 pm »
Tomorrow will be a very sad occasion for me, my daily relationship, of over 4 years with my SLX-25 will come to an end!!   ;D

This pole revolutionised my working day. You wouldn't believe the hammer this pole has taken! It gets bent through metal railings, rubbed along the edges of felted roofs, I used it for over a year with no butt cap. It's been dropped, thrown, cuddled, caressed  the lot! :D When it wasn't that old, it got a bit stiff with dirt getting inside from the hose, I stripped the sections & took fine sand paper to them!  , problem solved.  I've sawn the original clamps off to upgrade to the newer style ones, I've cut the end off to upgrade to a quick release system, all this & more & this baby has never missed a beat!!!!!! It blew my carbon Facelift into the gutter & made it redundant. The extra money this pole has made me & the ease at which it has done it has made it an essential part of my job, one which (if it was to be so) I would pay far higher than the current retail price for!

I've had the SL2 & now have the Xtreme 48, both world class poles but for more specific tasks. The SLX-25 is what sits in my van 24/7, gets used EVERY DAY, takes the battering that it does- as time is money. It still works fine but the end section spins on the last 6 inches with wear.

Tomorrow I will receive my NEW SLX-25  & so my old friend can retire in peace!   :D

Pound for pound, IMO, without doubt........................

THE BEST WATER FED POLE IN THE WORLD!!!!! ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: THE BEST POLE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 08:15:46 pm »
Oh, & just for the record, I'm not recommending that anyone does to their pole what I have done to mine!! ;D

cozy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 08:26:21 pm »
That's it mate, you've lost it  ;D You think more of your pole than your Mrs!!! ;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »
That's it mate, you've lost it  ;D You think more of your pole than your Mrs!!! ;D ;D ;D

She understands, she handed me a sympathy card! ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 08:38:14 pm »
what do u want for yr old 25 m8 ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:18 pm »
im about to order a new slx, i have the 22 and got to agree with everything you say about these poles, ive lent a clx for today and tomorrow off a mate and as good as they are they aint a slx, does the 25 manage to clean 3 storie houses? you know the ones with more of a dorma window than flat front if that makes sense, if not ill look for a pic and post it

Frankybadboy

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 09:03:19 pm »
Winpro

i just retired my 35ft to the inside of the van,before it got to bad that it couldnt be used.letting it have a little rest as like yours its had a bashing,it desvres it

i now have a 25ft slx which will cope with allmost every job,and the 35ft will be use when it needed.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:13:50 pm »
im about to order a new slx, i have the 22 and got to agree with everything you say about these poles, ive lent a clx for today and tomorrow off a mate and as good as they are they aint a slx, does the 25 manage to clean 3 storie houses? you know the ones with more of a dorma window than flat front if that makes sense, if not ill look for a pic and post it

If I didn't have the Xtreme 48 (which is what I use now for anything above my slx-25) I would buy a 30ft SLX & use it without the end (thinnest) section, as a 25ft pole adding the end section when required for that extra reach when needed. This way you retain the insulated base section. To do this & still have quick release ends at both 25 & 30ft lengths all you need is an insert to clamp into the No-2 section. This insert (I believe) is the one which upgrades the MKI & MKIII slxs to Q/R ends. OBVIOUSLY, you would just clamp it in & not glue it like you would if you were actually upgrading the older slxs.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 09:15:51 pm »

It will be an "emergency" pole Gav! ;)

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:34 pm »
winpro... yeah a sad day sir  :'(

cant wait to get my new slx 30 with siper lite exreme standard! thanks to your ( and many others) recomendation! it should be on its merry way as we speak!  ;D  ;D  ;D

by the way how do you know to the day when yours will be delivered? i just got told upto 14 day!

bets wishes mate.

GB

Frankybadboy

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:36 pm »
when told 14days it arrived in 10days  ;D

Richard 01903

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:34:58 pm »
I got an email today telling me it should arrive tomorrow slx30 happy days 8)
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:22 pm »

It will be an "emergency" pole Gav! ;)

shame was going give it a new home ;) ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35:58 pm »
I have had my SLX 25 about a year and its had some abuse, i have had to glue a couple of the clamps and replace the hose and butt cap but on the whole is still an excellent pole :)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 09:44:30 pm »
winpro... yeah a sad day sir  :'(

cant wait to get my new slx 30 with siper lite exreme standard! thanks to your ( and many others) recomendation! it should be on its merry way as we speak!  ;D  ;D  ;D

by the way how do you know to the day when yours will be delivered? i just got told upto 14 day!
bets wishes mate.

GB

When they phoned for payment I requested a call/notification of dispatch, I could make sure someone would be in to receive then. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 09:46:09 pm »
I have had my SLX 25 about a year and its had some abuse, i have had to glue a couple of the clamps and replace the hose and butt cap but on the whole is still an excellent pole :)

2 butt caps & 2 new hose for me. Never had to glue a clamp though.

james stanley

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:16:55 pm »
I think the sl extreme 25 is way better than the slx 25 :)

DeLuce

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:20:00 pm »
That's a quality tool for you (the pole!)  ;D. You get attached to things that are extremely reliable, may it have a peaceful and happy retirement   :P

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 07:15:17 am »
I've had the same thing and slx 25 mk1 since just after it released although I'm sure I've only had mine for 3 years not 4, I didn't think the slx was that old. It has done me proud, been look after and had the clamp upgrades. It's still going strong but has got retired to make room for the xtreme. I say retired it been given to my dad who is building up a round and will now put it to good use. These poles are brilliant.

I have to say that although this pole was £400 when new,it has been the best value for money pole I've owned.

Simon.

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 07:26:39 am »
I am amazed you managed to get four years out of a pole. Mine are on their way out after about a year. I used to repair them and replace sections but now I just buy a new pole.