This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jhagger

wfp beginner
« on: October 19, 2005, 11:06:40 pm »
i need your experienced advise to a couple of questions i've been wondering about.

firstly most of the posts i've read regarding wfp residential
have said they only clean the tops with the pole and the bottoms trad, all i can guess is one the windows seem to take and hour at least to be clear of most drops which if the customeris around may not be terribly impressed! or is it beacause you find it quicker doing trad downstairs beacause i would imagine it's alot more hassal carrying around to lots of equipment especially if you have the busket( i only have two hands!)

i can't think of the other one now but will post when it comes to me but your help on this would be very useful and appreciated

cheers jon

brett walker

Re: wfp beginner
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 11:13:23 pm »
Hi

I'm a wfp beginner myself and ive learnt everything from this site.  I do tops only with pole to make the pure water last , if you do downstairs with pure water you'll get through some water.  I am working out of an estate car so room can be tight but if youve got a trailer or van youve got no probs

regards

Brett

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 11:20:31 pm »
Hi Jon , i do tops and bottems with my wfp , true it does mean your water runs out twice as quick , but hey , if you have the room to carry the water then do it.
The way i see it , if your gonna drag your hose round the back of the house then do the whole thing .
Oh and by the way where did you get your busket ?  LOL   ;D

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

pjulk

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 12:04:32 am »
i would imagine it's alot more hassal carrying around to lots of equipment especially if you have the busket

Get a some pouches and BOAB that way you can leave you bucket in your car.
Alot of the properties i WFP the whole lot but if the waters getting a bit low i will clean the downstairs traditional.
I always clean the front doors traditional after filling up a letter box with water.

Paul

Ian_Giles

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 06:11:48 am »
I do the whole thing with WFP, the only time I won't use it is on windows where the paintwork has oxidised (gone powdery, you can check for this by wetting a finger and wiping it on the frame, if it comes of the colour of the paint, then the frame has oxidized, and with WFP you continually draw down this residue and can leave a milky film on the glass. You can get it fairly good with WFP, but in all fairness, on windows auch as these you will never do as good a job as you will with traditional methods of window cleaning.)

You have to watch out for the odd leaky door or window, but that's about it for me.

Water usage on a standard 3 bed semi?.....Between 15 and 20 litres.

If you clean all t he windows with EFP then an average day should see you get through anything from 200L to 300L So far I've rarely used more than that, but I've known some go through a 1000L in a morning :o :o :o

Time taken for am average 3 bed semi, with standard UPVC windows normally takes me no more than 10 minutes.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

neil100

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 07:18:33 pm »
HI Jon,

I'm just in the process of switching to wfp.

I'm telling all my customers, bungalows included wfp is the methord i''ll be useing, and to give it 6 months before they pass judejment on the system.

I like traditional methods of cleaning,but I'm investing a lot of money in switching over so I want to maximize my profit by useing the fastest method.

Gone for 800ltr tank for me and my lad.IT seams daft people useing wfp for upstairs only to conserve water. Just get a bigger tank.

Cheers Nel.

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 09:12:13 pm »

Gone for 800ltr tank for me and my lad.IT seams daft people useing wfp for upstairs only to conserve water. Just get a bigger tank.

Cheers Nel.

Fine if you have a big enough van and I agree with you but most WC'ers work out of small vans/estate cars etc ( we use estate cars ) so that's why I had the freedom trolley made and do mostly first floor upwards only and all levels on leaded and georgian. its down to the amount of water you can legally carry. We are still around 30% faster now and work more safely.

Andrew