This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GB Window Cleaning

just got this text from custy...
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:49:35 pm »
..."hi can you not clean my windows as i am away until the 8th of aug. many thanks mr XXXXX"

im gonna phone him tommorrow to educate him as to my terms and conditions!  ;D

nothing major, but i was just intersted to hear what others would say to him?

thanks

GB

alanwilson

Re: just got this text from custy...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »
thats only 3 weeks away - I wouldn't worry or make a fuss of it.

custy is just being honest that they won't get the benefit of a clean this month.

you tell the milkman not to leave milk if you are away so whats the difference?
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

colin purewater

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 10:54:29 pm »
i agree with alan no worries realy
if your still miffed on next clean
just miss out his frosted glass  ;)
keep it simple

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 10:55:40 pm »
pmsl!!

or you could even skip his frames!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:17 pm »
 ;D   :P :-X ;)

colin purewater

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »
just spray with the jets and knock for the money ;D
keep it simple

steve rix

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:59:56 pm »
Surely there is no problem with that? You work for your customers convienence, not yours.

Ian101

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 11:07:40 pm »
Had it today myself .... No worries still plenty to clean

bobby p

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:59 pm »
counts as a strike that does.

i totted up 3 strikes last time when a lazyboy  middle aged son told me in his nasal  tone "not this time" and as i unhooked my ladder  today to do a cluster of houses i suddenly heard the scud of their side gate being unlocked in readyness for me- but OH no ,  the 3 strikes rule has already been applied  by George  so no cleaning is possible ,,,      but will it end there ........  ???

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
Is scud a word ?

bobby p

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:35 pm »
Is scud a word ?
   us Pros can hear a scud,clack,.drawbolt,  at 50 paces . its a talent that is best not to boast about at parties   ;)

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 11:28:23 pm »
Yeh, I'd probably let that one get away with it; you were warned in advance.  It's not like you've just unpacked 50 meters of hose to be turned away.

H S and Son

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
To me it would count as a strike. However, it would also allow to get round my work quicker, I've been 2 weeks behind now for 2 months, so a benefit to a certain extent. The custard would simply have to wait til next time. No going back specially for them.

If it became a habit, I mean if it happened again, the strike would become a bin.

H S and Son

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 11:50:50 pm »
I'm finding late payers are the bane of my working life at the moment. As a result of this I have decided the course of action to take is to deliver each custard a set of terms that we (the royal we) will be cooperating by in the future. Then they get a phone call and they're informed that payment continues to be late, and that due to circumstances beyond my control (them) the price of their windows is going up by £x amount. 'x' being something along the lines of 15%. The beauty of this is that they end up paying for their poor track record every time they get their windows cleaned from now on. One went up by £3 today, yesterday two went up by £5 each. Those three work out at something like over £110 a year increase to me because they're numpties. ;0)

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 12:25:41 am »
come on Matt that's so harsh poor guys, maybe they are battling to make end meets. you are really cruel.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 12:30:34 am »
Honesty is the best policy in my opinion.

I'd let that one slide without a strike.... unless they make a habit of telling you they are on holiday and are not
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

scud

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 05:46:28 am »

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:13 am »
come on Matt that's so harsh poor guys, maybe they are battling to make end meets. you are really cruel.

Well the financial service industry does it all the time.  If someone is seen as a higher risk, they pay a higher rate.  It's astonishing sometimes how many people don't make the connection between them paying me and me being able to pay my mortgage and other bills.
Something that happened recently:  I've had a customer for a few years who gradually drifted into waiting until the fourth clean was nearly due before sending me a cheque for the previous three.  I should have said something but didn't.  However, I did give my bank details and said that prompt payment is appreciated and doing bank transfers might make it easier for her (hint hint).  On my last visit, I was supposed to do the conservatory roof as well - total job £44 in all.  I came back early from working out of town to do this job and set the time aside for it.  For the first time ever, with no warning, the gate was bottom bolted and no-one was in.  According to the neighbour she had just gone out, so they weren't away.  It was too late really to travel the 10 miles to the other area where I was working so bassically, this perrenial late payer cost me £44.  I made up my mind to write to her cancelling.  Before I got around to it she phoned to ask for a specific date to clean in time for a christening party.  I told her exactly why I would never be returning.  I was polite but firm.  A bit later I got a text outlining some of her personal problems (won't post on here as it's private), apologising for being a bad payer and asking me to reconsider.  I did reconsider and came up with the same answer - cancel.  So I didn't respond to the text.  The personal problem concerned one of her children and I need nearly allow guilt feelings to make me change my mind.  It just so happens that the thing I have been focussing on lately in my personal development program was not allowing myself to be manipulated if others attempt to induce guilt feelings within me.  If I had been focussing on some other area she might have swung it.  One thing I did ask her was if she had an employer, would it be acceptable to her to wait nearly six months to be paid for work she had done.
Polite but firm.
Hopefully the next window cleaner benefits from my action.

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 07:00:41 am »
I can't believe you guys. If a customer lets me know they are going to be away next time I just say thanks for letting me know and skip them. Where is the problem?  Happens all the time, good on them for informing you.

Terms and conditions? what a load of cobblers. Some of you need to get out more. You sound like Mr Jobsworth "Well Mrs, in my terms and conditions, paragraph three section two, it clearly states........."

If I was the customer I would just laugh at you. Is there a shortage of window cleaners round your way? You are a service provider in what is becoming a very competitive business which shows every sign of getting more so.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:24 am »
I can't believe you guys. If a customer lets me know they are going to be away next time I just say thanks for letting me know and skip them. Where is the problem?  Happens all the time, good on them for informing you.

Terms and conditions? what a load of cobblers. Some of you need to get out more. You sound like Mr Jobsworth "Well Mrs, in my terms and conditions, paragraph three section two, it clearly states........."

If I was the customer I would just laugh at you. Is there a shortage of window cleaners round your way? You are a service provider in what is becoming a very competitive business which shows every sign of getting more so.

I don't have a problem with it either Vince if I know in advance and haven't wasted time going there before finding out.  However, bearing in mind that most people seem to go on holiday late July and during August, I would have a financial problem if too many did it.