This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woody1

From very happy custy to peed off
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:58:33 pm »
Having a bit of a nite mare lately very low motivation got behind finaly caught up but a few custys not happy, one asked if i would clean gutters out and clean coni roof i done the gutters but ran out of time to do coni roof now shes payed me for it but i regret agreeing to the coni roof i had a look its bigger job than i thought and there no slope its flat, how would you go about cleaning it also its high so will have to be done of a ladder, the next one has been fine until i called to let know i will be coming tomorrow and she wants me to do it trad i said no but an tell she is not happy, any advise would be good

Pope vader

Re: From very happy custy to peed off
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 04:04:40 pm »
ask why she wants it trad,  as if its just becasue water is left on window, just squeege that off

woody1

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 04:09:01 pm »
no she recons they get dirty quicker which i think is a complete lie

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »
wfp the conny roof, then squeegee on a pole to get anything left on there if its a flat one
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:25 pm »
If it's a flat one then you will need to squeege it off as it wont dry very well at all.

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 05:56:14 pm »
had one of these last month .... wfp roof and it just sat there pooling so just used pole and squeegee ... took a little longer but no problem

woody1

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »
i will try that

david watts

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 08:38:10 pm »
had a lot of conny roofs;
i do mine with a trolley put some all purpose cleaner in lemon stuff;
just give it a hand with a cloth on the hard bits dont take long at all
i say where you can reach
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

dave f

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 01:55:59 pm »
tell her you do these all the time you know best way to do em, but politely

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 05:50:24 am »
the last one i cleaned i use wfp up a ladder from each side it was quite big , but got it cleaned nicely

Mike #1

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 06:02:53 am »
you need to ask custy why they want them doing trad, what are their concerns and dislikes about wfp it might be something simple which easily be sorted  if they still insist tell them there is no chance of doing them trad as you would be breaking health & safety buy reverting back to ladder ,   some custy just dont like wfp i have lost about 6-7 custys because they didnt like windows been left wet  DINGBATS

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 09:00:07 am »
Having a bit of a nite mare lately very low motivation got behind finaly caught up but a few custys not happy, one asked if i would clean gutters out and clean coni roof i done the gutters but ran out of time to do coni roof now shes payed me for it but i regret agreeing to the coni roof i had a look its bigger job than i thought and there no slope its flat, how would you go about cleaning it also its high so will have to be done of a ladder, the next one has been fine until i called to let know i will be coming tomorrow and she wants me to do it trad i said no but an tell she is not happy, any advise would be good

thought it sounds like it is a fault with your cleaning, I would explain that you clean with wfp pole for your safety, I would also point out this is for her best interest being a property owner.

I WOULD NOT go back to doing trad, run your business never let a customer do that.

Motivation needs Motive (think about yours for a little while)

The conservatory roof issue, I would do it on a saturday worst case sunday , if you offer you should deliver (I never workweekends, unless I have too), if you priced it wrong speak to the customer and explain your mistake, most people understand honesty.

From the customers point of view you have offered and not delivered and the other you have done a poor job or not explained wfp correctly or she has some sort of issue with it, the not cleaning as well only points to the job not being done correctly. Ask her flat out to explain why it doesnt clean aswell you maybe be surprised at the answer prod a little deeper than the first answer.

I would never just walk away form an unhappy customer as they will speak about you badly for as long as they see fit, costing you money long term. if it costs you a few hours learn from it.

Good luck with what you do.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

H S and Son

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 09:03:08 am »
I hate you Ian, you're viewpoint is always balanced and fair  ;D ;D

woody1

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 01:52:16 pm »
right i spoke to custy who said she dont want wfp asked why and she recons they get dirty quicker there is nothing wrong with the finish i have only had problems with spotting once so she is just ped that i am quicker now, i would never go back to trad, the lady coni roof i will be sorting out next week it looks like some one has been emptying a plant pot on it so not looking forward to it