This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanSilverman

Help needed, pricing a whole round!
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:01:03 am »
There has been a rather large round in my family for many years now and we are potentially looking to sell a chunk of it, how do you go about pricing it ready to sell?

Moderator David@stives

Re: Help needed, pricing a whole round!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 10:45:23 am »
usually 2-3 times the monthly take depending on the quality of the work,and what a buyer is prepared to pay

Dave

DanSilverman

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 10:55:24 am »
Ok thats very helpful thankyou.

The work is all compacted to within a few square miles in South-East Essex, all residential, much of which has been regular monthly work for nearly 20 years, and produces a tidy sum each month.

Dont know if anyone on here would be interested in having a look at it?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 11:10:08 am »
Too far away for me - but if it's that well groomed, compact and well priced you could get 3/4 times per month.

What you might consider offering is:-

Introducing the prospective buyer (when you are convinced they are genuine) to your clients. If you've got time actually do the first clean with them on a 50/50 basis (Or more in your favour if they are a newbie and you have to do all the work!)

If you really trust them -  letting them pay monthly over three months for an additional percentage.

If I was buying I'd ask for any "drop offs" to be knocked off the final bill. I would hold back about 10% for such "drop-offs" too. So you might want to be prepared for this. If the drop-offs were due to the buyers poor workmanship then you might want to cover that issue too.
It's a game of three halves!

DanSilverman

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 11:23:57 am »
Again, many thanks for your advice - I will be sure to take it on board if/when we come to sell.

If you you know of anyone who may be interested at all, please do not hesitate to contact me, my email address is on my profile.

Any more advice from people would be welcome also..................

DanSilverman

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 02:31:52 pm »
*Bump*