This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil100

Are demos hardsell?
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:24:47 pm »
Just booked a demo for two weeks time with Tucker poles,Coming round to the house,Do they put a lot of pressure on you to buy their stuff?

Would like to here from anyone whos had a demo.

I have had my van deliverd last week and am now looking at tank set up.Tucker poles seam to make a good tank.Hence the demo to check it out.

Anyone got them or other proffesionlly fitted tank to reccomend?

Cheers nel.

Philip Hanson

Re: Are demos hardsell?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 09:00:34 pm »
Demos are absolutely essential to buying a WFP system.  Remember, you are about to spend a significant sum of money on an asset that must be reliale.

Tucker, as a company, have a very good reputation and I doubt that you'll be anything but impressed by their systems. 

Because WFP is relatively new, rather than 'hard sell' you'll probably find that whoever comes to demo will be more likely to spend the time trying to explain how the systems work, and how they differ from others available.  You have a choice, not just between manufacturers, but you also need to choose a specific product from a manufacturers range, and the demo will help you to do that.

Demos are nothing to be afraid of, and I would recommend that anyone getting a system insists on a demo from as many suppliers as they can find.  If a company won't come to you to do a demo, then really that tells you all you need to know about them, and I wouldn't even think about spending money with them.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:19:49 pm »
Demos are absolutely essential to buying a WFP system. 
-Philip

I'm not sure about that, Philip.  Before I purchased mine, I read many posts in this forum and was introduced to  Ian_Giles's set up and I saw another local window cleaner's WFP system.

I didn't require a demo.  It wasn't essential for my needs.

poles apart

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:24:25 pm »
If you are going to spend thousands of pounds on a van or trailer system then a demo is essential, but if it's just a backpack or trolley then do what Tosh did - listened to Wor Lass!

gaza

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 10:06:34 pm »
tUCKER POLE: GOT ONE DONE DEMO PAID THE BILL ,NO HARD SELL TO ME IT SOLD ITS SELF.MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERY QUESTION OUT YOU NEED TO ASK.
IF ITS DANIEL HOW GIVES YOU A DEMO REMIND ME TO HIM GARY FROM NOTTM SAW HIM AT NEC.

make sure you are explained the ro system v di system and ask him for a tds reading before you make your mind up,when youve got your tds reading place it on here and people will tell you the best way to go there di or ro system.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 10:08:31 pm »
If you are going to spend thousands of pounds on a van or trailer system then a demo is essential, but if it's just a backpack or trolley then do what Tosh did - listened to Wor Lass!

What about the lads (and I can name two from this forum) who've purchased large van-mounted systems with a heavy water carrying capacity; then found it was far too much for their needs?

Maybe they had a demo from some silver-tongued salesman?

I've recently read one post in which one of the 'lads' said he'd wasted thousands of pounds and now is making more money just using a WFP back pack.

I don't think a 'demo' is essential as Philip suggested, but I do think that you should ask advice on this forum before spending thousands of pounds on any piece of equipment.

poles apart

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 10:32:32 pm »
Tosh
I agree that advice on this forum is priceless but I still think if you are going to spend a lot of money you need to see what it is your getting. You would'n't buy a car on someones advice only. You'd have a test drive first. As for buying large van mounted systems, I did this and it  was far too much capacity at first but I just went out and got more work! That's what it's all about 'aint it?

I say get the biggest and best you can afford and it will last years!
Rod

neil100

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 10:35:42 pm »
Thanks for the advice.

The chaps name from tuker is called Dan, but unsure of his last name.

Iwill write down everything to ask him.

But looking into this wfp system his taking a lot of time as I want to get it right. My biggest worry is that I wont actually enjoy cleaning windows with it, I'll end up regretting buying the Van,and all the equpment. And veiw it as a white elephant.

The biggest plus for me being a w/cleaner is comming home and forggetting about work.No worry no stress and earning good money to boot.With out a doubt w/ cleaning has been great for me.

But am I about to sell my soul. nel

neil100

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:37 pm »
Cheers tosh,

I have enough work for 4 full days a week for me and my lad doing it tradionaly.98% domestic work So i have set my sights on a 800ltr tank max. Should last us both through the day with just a small top up needed now and again. i aiming to clean ups and downs with it and getting lots of extra jobs to do.

So i,m hopeing its a big enough tank for two with out the need to upgrade.As i know one lad uses 600ltrs a day.And if I go back on my own its plenty big enough as our lass would say.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:57:28 pm »
Hmm, perhaps "essential" is the wrong word.  Demos are not, of course, essential.  There's nothing to stop you buying a system without one.

But I would definately recommend them, after all what have you got to lose?

I do think that you should ask advice on this forum before spending thousands of pounds on any piece of equipment.
Window cleaning forums are great, and as a source of information they are 1st class.  However, with the greatest respect Tosh, - asking questions on forums is not a guaranteed way to get good advice.  There are plenty of times I have seen threads on forums where people have given factually inaccurate and even dangerous advice, albeit well-meaning.

In my opinion, (and it is just that) there are many choices with WFP that simply come down to personal preference.  For example, some time ago I spent a day working with Paul C Smith who uses Omnipole poles. (Made from aluminium)  I use fibre-glass poles.  I tried his omnipoles, he tried the fibre glass.  Now for me, I prefered the fibre glass becasue the clamps are easier to use.  Paul, though wasn't much bothered about the clamps, and preferred the omnipoles because the sections are narrower, and therefore easier to grip.

Now both are very good poles and serve the purpose, but which one is the best for you really does depend on personal preference. The only way that you'll know which you like better is to try them out, and demos will allow you to do that.

Even a question like RO versus DI in a hard-water area.  Some might think that's a no-brainer.  Ask advice on a forum which you should go for, and everyone will say RO.  But this is not necessarily the best option, even for hard water.

I know of a window cleaner who chose a simple DI system even though living in a hard water area because he didn't like the idea of it having to fill up overnight.  He couldn't care less about it using more resin, for him this was more important.

-Philip

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

neil100

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 11:01:00 pm »
Sound advice that Phill,

Who else gives demos anyway?

poles apart

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005, 11:03:38 pm »
Sound advice that Phill,

Who else gives demos anyway?

Ionic Systems

neil100

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 11:11:05 pm »
Is that it , Ioincs and tucker?

I'm off to Brodex this week at Southport if it rains, to check their Tank and pole Systems out.

Anyone recommend them, Or even Skypole.

Cheers nel.

Philip Hanson

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 11:12:25 pm »
Other companes who (I think) do demos are:

Stream, Brodex, Pure2o, Omnipole, probably concept2o in wales, and no doubt Aquatec in Scotland, and yes Skypole do as well.

Most of the well known manufacturers will

-Phil

John Lawton

neil100

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2005, 11:23:03 pm »
Cheers Phill,

Looks like I'll be fixing myself up with some demos.

I take it from what i've read on the forum that Ioincs have some of the best stuff but a little bit on the pricey side.

Are ioincs tanks anygood?

Would I be right in thinking that a tank from a top manufactury fitted will give me a lot less problems when i start with wfp system?

Nel

poles apart

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2005, 11:30:55 pm »
Are ioincs tanks anygood?

Would I be right in thinking that a tank from a top manufactury fitted will give me a lot less problems when i start with wfp system?

Nel

Ionic make a good system though I'm not sure if a 'lesser'system would give you more problems as they're all pretty straight forward. The most important thing though is if you get a large tank make sure it's baffled and professionally fitted. I know someone who diy fitted a 1000 litre tank (unbaffled) in the back of his van and had the shock of his life the first time he had to brake hard!
Good luck with the demo's
Rod

gaza

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2005, 12:20:12 am »
be all and end all buy a trolly  system forget van mount ,bought van mount spent all day gathering up hoses on domestics running it around hedges,garden gates.van mount is for commercial trolly mount for domestics every time.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

telboy

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2005, 11:38:47 am »
NEIL 800 LITRES SHOULD LAST BOTH OF  YOU ALL WEEK

UNLESS YOU WORK 24-7

TEL BOY ;)

sair

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2005, 02:37:42 pm »
essentially pure ltd will also do demos,01435 873555   07944227635
our systems are very well priced  starting from 2350- 4100 for a twin r/o boostered system that will produce in the range of 4-5.5 liters aminute on a van mount . all have split relay charge and encased in stainless steel frames  we also provide speed lining service in house

or you can come and check out or unit in east sussex .
there are three or four on this site or the other who have our systems ,if you would like recomendation just do a posting for there comments
Essentially Pure Ltd

neil100

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2005, 07:21:32 pm »
Tel boy,

Abit o t t  their in our calculations, a week; If it lasts me a day i'll be happy. My freind as a 125ltr tank and uses 4 fills a day. His work is domestic but he can earn between £300 & £400 a day. Hes good and quick.

Tony,

DO essentially pure have a website with pics?

I'll ring tommorw for a demo.

Thanks,nel.