Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Re: how do people measure/price caprets, in particular commercial
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 07:25:40 am »
Oh dear, double maths lessons all round.

500 mm x  500 mm = 2500mm sq mm = 1/4 m2

so for 500 mm (or 50cm) square tiles its length times width divided by four, not two to convert to m2

Or as I badly explained ,, walk across an area count the tiles in one direction , eg 100 , divide that by 2 =50    then count the tiles in the opposite direction eg 40 divide that by 2 =20  then work out 50x20  (or because I am simple 5x2 , then add a zero)   =100m2  , 

whilst I am doing this most customers will ask why I am staring at the ceiling  , and then I launch into  my measuring method , they then smile , or are taken off  guard   , and rapport is established.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 07:55:29 am »
neil you need to re-read my post. i said it's harder to go under a desk then it is if there was no desk at all. is that simple enough for you or do you need me to write the word HARDER in big, bold, underlined and highlighted text so you don't miss it again?

Hello Kristmas Kermit..... you have been let out whilst I have been offline then ??

See you are still up to your old tricks of shouting off about things you have no understanding of....

Ie carpet cleaning       ;D ;D ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 07:14:27 pm »
Steve Barrett

Spot on !
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

clinton

Re: How do people measure/price caprets, in particular commercial
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2011, 08:57:51 am »
Steve has a lot of experience from his days as a carpet fitter too...