Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AJB

Re: airflex
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 01:20:23 am »
PS Joe if you buy them i've still got my old Ninja, and am
quite happy to fit the Lamb 6.6s, and try them out to prove a point
one way or the other.  ;D
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Joe H

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 08:20:48 am »
Its Ian Gourlay that wants to know, not me Alan.

as for  "Don't forget everyone who rushed to buy a Jaguar at the introductory price
are not going to tell anyone if they've dropped a b*llock, and it's actually no improvement"....

to follow Darrens line .............  can you back that up, Alan, or is it just your opinion, and a way of knocking the supplier.

obviously I have more respect for my fellow professionals then some on here, who have bought the Jaguar and, in use on real live jobs, deem it better then what they had before.

Alan said "Scorpion owners have for so long slagged off other 3 vac motor machines as not being in the same league, so why did they need to "improve it".
Why does anything need to be improved that is successful?
Red Bull won the F1 world championship last year - why are they not just racing last years car? It was a winner, top car in motor racing.
To me the answer is logical but it appears I cant use logic on this forum.

My answer would be (for those interested) ..... the yearn to improve because designers/engineers want to improve, and the competition is not going to stand still - they want top spot, so improvements need to be made to stay no1 in 2011.

Darren O

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 09:03:47 am »
Must admit Joe out of everybody on Scream It Up as you like to call it AJB knows his stuff and as far as iam aware has no axe to grind with Solutions so i think i would listen to him rather than you and Mr Muscle the oven cleaner but i still take your points on board.

Billy Russell

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 09:43:14 am »
Mr Muscle the Oven Cleaner!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Colin will like that!!!!!!! ;D

Darren O

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 09:47:51 am »
I think Joe has left us AGAIN dont worry he will be back

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 10:03:31 am »
How did a thread about the Airflex end up as a row about Scorpions/Jaguars ?

Colin Day

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 10:35:05 am »
Darren O, Alan just has a theory, he has no experience of this machine whatsoever, so I wouldn't take too much notice!

What is a shame, is that a lot of people who have bought the Jaguar won't even come on this forum to air their views about the machine. That's because whatever they say about it, some prat hiding behind a daft name without any contact details will air their unfounded views.

I pick my Jaguar up at the end of the month and that is down to the more experienced carpet cleaners giving it the thumbs up....

I have to say I'm very flattered to be referred to as Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner, your the first person in the whole wide world to have ever called me it.....  ;D

Billy Russell

Colin Day

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 10:38:40 am »

AJB

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2011, 10:51:51 am »
I'm not arguing about the Scorpion. Every machine on the market
has it's good points and bad points. But at the end of the day they
are basically modular units.
You choose your vacuum motors and arrangement AO or VO. You choose your
pump, you choose a heater or not as the case may be. You design the body around
it. If you want AO then there is virtually nothing between all the 3 vac machines.
The Scorpion i tried underwhelmed me because i'm used to VO machines. The jaguar
is more balanced on AO and VO, which brings it more into line with my preferances.
This implies to me that Cross American accepted that AO on the Scorpion was too extreme
and Ed realised that they needed to come back abit to improve the VO. But i still think quoting
combined lift is just a con, and since for years they have claimed lift was not what did the work,
but CFMs was, to use this trick of combined lift is an admission that they were wrong.
My original machine a Woodbridge Powerpak with 2 x 1000w 2 stage series Lamb Ameteks. had
more lift than either the Scorpion or Jaguar have.
Matt doesn't claim any figures for the Airflex turbo, but with the arrangement and vac's used i know
the case is true with this machine also.
All the machines out there will do a very good job, some quicker than others, all manufacturers will
rightly praise their machines, but never should any criticise the opposition.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2011, 02:48:12 pm »

Thats salesmen for ya.

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
I'm not arguing about the Scorpion. Every machine on the market
has it's good points and bad points. But at the end of the day they
are basically modular units.
You choose your vacuum motors and arrangement AO or VO. You choose your
pump, you choose a heater or not as the case may be. You design the body around
it. If you want AO then there is virtually nothing between all the 3 vac machines.
The Scorpion i tried underwhelmed me because i'm used to VO machines. The jaguar
is more balanced on AO and VO, which brings it more into line with my preferances.
This implies to me that Cross American accepted that AO on the Scorpion was too extreme
and Ed realised that they needed to come back abit to improve the VO. But i still think quoting
combined lift is just a con, and since for years they have claimed lift was not what did the work,
but CFMs was, to use this trick of combined lift is an admission that they were wrong.
My original machine a Woodbridge Powerpak with 2 x 1000w 2 stage series Lamb Ameteks. had
more lift than either the Scorpion or Jaguar have.
Matt doesn't claim any figures for the Airflex turbo, but with the arrangement and vac's used i know
the case is true with this machine also.
All the machines out there will do a very good job, some quicker than others, all manufacturers will
rightly praise their machines, but never should any criticise the opposition.

At last some body talking sence and not dribble or marketing hype.

Wind tunnel vacs my arse  :D :D

John Kelly

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2011, 03:01:24 pm »
Very good post by Alun. At the end of the day the machine is just a means to an end.
As he says they all have their good and bad points. I know guys using single vac machines who earn far more than guys with top truckmounts. At a risk of sounding repetitive cleaning the carpet is not the most important part of running a carpet cleaning business. I think Jason Lawal said it in one, "no one went out of business because they couldn't clean a carpet".

jasonl

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2011, 03:11:22 pm »
Yes John , that is an old Chem Dry saying ,    the CD system was never the best , the marketing still is the best though .

I would choose a machine based on  dealer proximity , dealer reputation , price  , looks in that order .

That makes this debate about what sucks marginally better   meaningless.  Next year a better model will be out , so what then ? get a new one ?  or  stick with inferior models?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Colin Day

« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2011, 03:16:11 pm »
I just don't get the negativity!

I don't have an opinion of the "Airflex" because I've never used one, I certainly wouldn't slag it off. What I am saying really is, unless you actually use a machine yourself, you AREN'T really in a position to slate it and your opinion is worth nothing.

clarkson

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2011, 03:21:51 pm »

hi steve
i know but its an improvement on the jaguar thread. 50 posts about truckmounts and a dozen calling joe. at least this one is about porty's

still dont know what to get.

cheers

john

p.s. if px with ian doesnt work out give us a shout.

jasonl

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2011, 03:27:04 pm »

hi steve
i know but its an improvement on the jaguar thread. 50 posts about truckmounts and a dozen calling joe. at least this one is about porty's

still dont know what to get.

cheers

john

p.s. if px with ian doesnt work out give us a shout.

I would have thought is was easy , very little to choose performance wise between them , which dealer is closer ?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Doug Holloway

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2011, 03:33:33 pm »
Hi Guys

I have said on many occasions that being able to derive to Altec makes them my preffered supplier, it's just so much easier than waiting for parts to arrive and then having to fit them.

Cheers

Doug

Ian Gourlay

Re: Airflex
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »
Well it looks like by asking a Question I am responsible for JOE going

Si cannot debate with him anymore.

The Ninja was designed so you could connect two together for a really powerful water lift  or to sell another machine extra pipes etc .

But we used to have a guy on here called Gary who swore by the system

So if a Ninja is strong enough to withstand that amount of pressure it would probably be OK for these Supper Vacs in my opinion but as the Manufacturer has not sent me any to try and test so I can report back I cannot comment on results  .

Are well MIke H I better go back to the OLD CODGERS HOME while  you are revering yourself up for your honeymoon

Congrats  and best wishes.

Ian