Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

Airflex
« on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:46 pm »

hi
 anyone use an airflex? what do you all think about it.

(could we try and keep comments to info relating to airflex this time)

cheers

john

ps I know i can get a beat up dog of a truckmount on ebay for the same money but iam not going to. :D

Carpet Dawg

Re: airflex
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:40:17 pm »
Great machine. Looks great, very powerful, easy to maintain and good customer service from CleanSmart.

I've had one for almost 2 years now.

Tony

jim mca

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:12 pm »
Ive got a airflex mini and I love it to bits it really is a porty will go
anywhere you want it to go and do a good job I used the triple
at cleansmart and would love one

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 10:54:40 pm »
i use airflex turbo and like it. there is some downsides to it though which I feel could easily be avoided which is a shame as they are minor issues that let it down.

first downside is the cables are right underneath where you empty the water, which means you can't comfortably put a bucket under the hole and have to petty much hold the bucket with one hand which can get heavy and then close with the other hand.

here's an image so you can see what i mean. http://arenacleaningservices.com/images/airflex%2003.jpg

second is the cables are at the back right in the way if you lie the machine down in the van. there is simply no way to avoid the cables getting in the way. i currently wrap them around the lid put where the waste ose connects to the machine but this isn't ideal and still has issues when loading into the van like in the following picture.

http://www.cleansmartsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/AirflexEasyLoad.jpg

as the empty hole (sorry not sure on it's exact name) is also on the back and sticks out a bit (even wihout the extra piece on it) when loading into the van this also gets in the way and catches stuff so the machine needs to literally be lifted horizontally and then slid into the van.

the heater hooks neatly onto the rear but i don't understand why that's a selling point as it can't be used there. would have been nice to be able to connect it up whilst it's hooked on the back.

finally the waste compartment isn't leaning enough towards the hole to empty the machine so you end up with wells of dirty water. this is such a minor issue but i like to clean the machine out as best possible each after use and it takes time to try to wash the rubbish out of the wells . i don't understand why they wouldn't make it lean ever so slightly towards the back so everything nicely rushes out.

they are a good machine don't get me wrong as mentioned the issues as minor, however as they are minor it's a shame they aren't sorted out

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:13:46 am »
Mr Bunny, You should try a long life bucket. http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/1451/SubProducts/1451

That sorts out your cable problem.

The waste valve (empty hole  :P) sticks out on pretty much on every machine. Its a unverisal part.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 12:53:39 am »
Used a turbo for nearly 2 years very happy. I load by tilting and getting front wheels on van then lift and roll in, I also have a ramp but seldom use it. To load on it's back wrap the cable around the waste gate valve and around the handle. Remove gate valve bend, then it will roll in. Rinse the waste tank with either water from the solution tank or drop the solution feed hose into a bucket and flush using the primer hose. Alternate is ask Matt for the 'tank flusher' Basically it's a male qc linked to wand jet fitting. Fit that to your solution hose and use as a 'pressure washer' The reason the tank is flat and has the traps is so sediment and grit don't get into the gate valve as you empty whilst in operation, stopping the gate valve closing tight and leaking. 

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 09:06:53 am »
I've owned the Airflex for a year now and it's a massive step up from the Ninja.

Bigger fresh water tank and waste tank, never have to take it upstairs and have run 100 feet of hose from it comfortably. The third vac leaves the carpet considerably drier than a twin vac.

I have to load mine into my van on it's back due to the raised floor on my van. I wrap the leads around the handle, remove the gate valve bend, put the handle wheels onto the van floor, lift the machine up slightly above horizontal and slide the machine in. It doesn't foul anything on the way in.

As far as emptying is concerned, I always have a towel on the floor under the gate valve anyway. It really isn't an issue emptying into a bucket - as for the bucket getting heavy, I think you need more shredded wheat for breakfast  ;D

I tilt the machine back to get the last dregs out of the waste tank after I have rinsed it out, again this isn't a problem.

I haven't used a Scorpion or an Alltec triple vac so I can't compare - but the Airlex works just fine for me and is backed up with good customer service.

clarkson

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 10:27:32 am »

hi
 that s big thumbs up on the airflex then. i dont think i have ever seen a more positive reply.

some mention the turbo?is this the top model.

also i am reading that the heater is a seperate unit that does sound a bit noddy for a machine at this  level.
 my old power plus has built in heater.

cheers
 john

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 10:32:25 am »
John

The turbo is the triple vac version.

I have the magma heater and I also had a inbuilt heater in the Ninja.

The idea with the inline heater (magma) is that you can have the heat nearer to the wand, plus you can use cold or warm water in the tank. It works well but I don't use it very often.

clarkson

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »

hi
 thanks again all. iam now worried about making a mistake as there is now the airflex turbo in the mix.

i suppose at this level around 3000 either way they all do a good job.

as you say steve scorpion,ninja,jag,airflex they blow they suck.

they can all clean carpets, and do it very well.

cheers

john

John Milnes

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:53:42 pm »
I will also confirm you wont go wrong with the machine.

It did have a few setbacks in the early stages; these were development problems with the tank cracking and also the vac chamber lid cracking. This was due to the plastic sections not being strong enough to afford the vacuum pressure.
The result of the tank cracking was that additional air entered the tank causing turbulence and resulted in moisture entering the vac motors.

This has long been rectified by Cleansmart and the modified parts on my machine have been supplied FOC.

The result is a very good machine, that in my oppinion cannot be bettered

jim mca

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2011, 08:56:16 pm »
Carpet guy when did you get the mods done to your machine

john steel

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 09:21:25 pm »
 Can somebody do a test against the Jag and airflex, as I dont know if 3 vacs are better or 2 vacs.
The scorpion guys banged on about 3  vacs for ages but they are now going for  the jag 2 vac machine.
Dont know about you guys but im confussed and in a few months I need to buy a new machine.

Adam P

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »
carpet dawg: those are the buckets i have. doesn't  solve the problem as the cables are right in the way. if they were to the side at least you wouldn't get drips going onto them.

i appreciate what you're saying about the waste valve always sticking out but afaik this is one of the only machines which lies on it's back so the great added feature which i couldn't work without is let down as the waste valve gets in the way and catches the van, not too much but enough that it could be improved on.

as for the buckets getting heavy, i don't always work alone, often i've got one of my lovely little ladies helping me out

John Milnes

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »
''Carpet guy when did you get the mods done to your machine''

The lid cracked last year and I was sent a new one.
I'm not sure when the tank cracked but it was replaced recently.
If the tank has cracked it will be apparent that moisture will collect on the lid and on the air intake tube. The crack on the tank is behind the switch controll panel so it wont be evident unless you remove the panel.

jim mca

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
cheers

Colin Day

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2011, 09:44:52 pm »
Can somebody do a test against the Jag and airflex, as I dont know if 3 vacs are better or 2 vacs.
The scorpion guys banged on about 3  vacs for ages but they are now going for  the jag 2 vac machine.
Dont know about you guys but im confussed and in a few months I need to buy a new machine.

I'm hoping to do a test at the end of this month, my Alltec Triple Vac against the Jaguar.

I must admit I thought that moving from 3 motors down to 2 motors seemed like a step back, but already some of the guys who have previously owned the Scorpion, are saying that the Jaguar out-performs it.

When you start the Jaguar up it's so quiet that you immediately think "That doesn't sound that powerful!" but believe me, it is!

AJB

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:52 am »
It feels more powerful because after years of saying
lift is not needed, CFM's do the work, The Jaguar
has lower CFM's and higher lift.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2011, 06:21:48 am »
Positive things about the Airflex, we have a Prowler at the moment but are looking to move back to have a powerful porty as our main machine again, purely because the majority of our jobs are not suitable for a TM machine.

I have toyed with the idea of the Airflex in the past so may look at it again.

I may be looking at selling on our Prowler if anyone is interested, email me at ian@lionheartcleaning.co.uk

clarkson

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »
Positive things about the Airflex, we have a Prowler at the moment but are looking to move back to have a powerful porty as our main machine again, purely because the majority of our jobs are not suitable for a TM machine.

I have toyed with the idea of the Airflex in the past so may look at it again.

I may be looking at selling on our Prowler if anyone is interested, email me at ian@lionheartcleaning.co.uk

Hi

i think i have eaten something dodgy, is ian saying you cant do some jobs with a tm. ;D

richard, mike hope your reading this.