This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

1st day - wfp
« on: October 15, 2005, 06:53:54 pm »
Hi everyone

finally got a full day in with wfp today, but im cream crackered but really enjoyed it.  Gave all my customers my number so they can ring me incase they see any spots, explained a bit about it but really need to sort a letter out as some people have seen it about but others think its a sweeping brush.  When you start explaining it they they are impressed. 8)

I was a bit worried about cleaning the sils put the brush accross them the best i could, i even got stopped by an other window cleaner that comes on this site he was impressed with the backpack- small world but it turns out some years ago i gave him some work today he repaid me by giving me some work.

Also got 4 new customers today for wfp, did'nt finish til 6.15  :P

Wfp definately the future, im going to save some pennies for a trolley system  ;)

Brett.

Sarah Sarill

Re: 1st day - wfp
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:03:36 pm »
Hi Brett,

Bath, chinese and a few beers tonight then. !!!

Well done brett - those muscles will ache tonight but you'll survive.

Regards,

Sarah
Sarah

dai

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 07:06:36 pm »
Welcome to WFP Brett, I'm glad I'm not the only one on here that works till 6.15.
I made my own trolley system, thanks to Matt. I bought the parts over many weeks
so managed without going into debt. Just spent the last 2 hrs trying to isolate the connector that's sucking in air. The brass ones seem to be the worst offenders. Back to B&Q  in the morning to buy genuine hozelock ones. Good fun this WFP aint it?Dai

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 07:15:31 pm »
Brett, don't worry too much about a trolley system.  I've got one and a backpack.

Today I bought a small trolley (the type you see old grannies pulling about), but without the tartan-canvas bag.  It was a tip from Simon Carter.

It's brilliant.  You don't need much hose - so less time fannying about with tangles; and really easy to manouvre.  It just bungies onto the small trolley.

Not only that; the trolley handle folds down and fits on my back seat lovely.  I've taken it over walls, down small alleyways impassible by a trolley and through people's houses.  The back pack is great.

I reckon I could be out of the car with the pole and the trolley as fast as a traditional window cleaner with ladders and bucket and be cleaning windows.

I like it that much I'm going to buy another.  It's easy enough for Wor Lass to cart about to, although she struggles filling it from a 25 litre water barrell (so I'll put less water into the barrels (unless she's been winding me up)).

My 50 litre trolley system; I think I'll just keep for larger jobs or transporting water to my back pack.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a slightly different note, I've been using a WFP for just over a week and received one complaint while collecting.  'Spots' she said.  I was very nice and returned this morning (Saturday) with my ladders and checked all her windows.

They were perfect - on the outside; perfect.  Great job.  The only spots I saw were on the INSIDE on one window.

Crossly, I knocked and informed the husband and offered him my ladders to climb up to double check.  He declined, rolled his eyes and nodded an apology.  'I'll have a word with the wife', he said.

But what really made me cross is that their house and garden is a proper dump.  Filthy.  So even IF I had left a few spots; she's no perfectionist, so why complain?

She's close to being dropped.

matt

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 07:23:22 pm »

On a slightly different note, I've been using a WFP for just over a week and received one complaint while collecting.  'Spots' she said.  I was very nice and returned this morning (Saturday) with my ladders and checked all her windows.

They were perfect - on the outside; perfect.  Great job.  The only spots I saw were on the INSIDE on one window.

Crossly, I knocked and informed the husband and offered him my ladders to climb up to double check.  He declined, rolled his eyes and nodded an apology.  'I'll have a word with the wife', he said.

But what really made me cross is that their house and garden is a proper dump.  Filthy.  So even IF I had left a few spots; she's no perfectionist, so why complain?

She's close to being dropped.

I had 1 like that, they smoke and you cannot see out of the windows, it really is that bad, at times i feel like i am wasteing my time, but its 12 quid, so i do it, the complained that she could see some spots in the corner of the window, i went inside to look, as i couldnt be arsed to get my ladders off the car, turns out to be a cobweb inside

i wiped my feet on the way out

gaza

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 08:18:34 pm »
BRETT:CONGRATS ON FIRST  DAY SEEMS AS THOUGHT I WAS THERE WITH YOU.T he ammount of times you phoned me to ask for advice :o ;D

BUILT MYSELF A TROLLEY SYSTEM THIS AFFTERNOON:Two hrs it took me,48 litres holding tank on wheels 1x80amp leisure battery
1x sureflow pumpn 60psi a house electric socket a hosehold plug,5 amp fuse wire for a  fuse,cut up garden hose couple of hoselock fittings and a sainsbury shopping trolly  with wingmirrors and a tigers tail on an ariel.
ITworks as well as my £4,500 system,so anyone wants one Im selling the plans for 2/6d or 12p in new money ;D

gaza

only a day to late Brett :P
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 08:26:37 pm »
Who's a clever boy then Gazza :D

Lets have some pictures then,

regards,

Sarah
Sarah

gaza

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 08:44:12 pm »
Sarah Im not that clever photos? Ive got tywo trollys one for water one for power.Ive used A WASTEHOG {A CARAVAN GISMO]
to hold the water in 48 litres in all,and a trolly to hold battery case ,battery and pump + gizmos.

sarah do you get called sadie like my mrs does?

gaza

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 09:39:52 pm »
Good to see that you finally got up and running Brett  ;D

Now comes the fun...  OUCH my back...  neck... shoulders  ;)

Its a whole new world but take your time and you will soon be flying around mate!!!

All the best

Andrew

matt

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 09:45:09 pm »
Dai,  the REAL hozelock connections are the way to go, they cost 1 quid more, but they are the biz

Gaza, dont forget to "shine" that trolley up, you knows it'll make you look more professional (its what they allways say, the shiner the better)  ;) ;)

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005, 09:50:35 pm »
Sarah Im not that clever photos? Ive got tywo trollys one for water one for power.Ive used A WASTEHOG {A CARAVAN GISMO]
to hold the water in 48 litres in all,and a trolly to hold battery case ,battery and pump + gizmos.

sarah do you get called sadie like my mrs does?

gaza

Gaz,

sounds clever to me - then Will says I am easily pleased !!!

No Sadie is not one of the names I've been called - Hitler, waddyacallher,
troutface to mentiona few but never Sadie. 

Does Sarah/Sadie work with you as well Gaz ?

Sarah

brett walker

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 11:24:27 pm »
Hi everyone

I have picked up some good tips from Tosh on his first wfp day and Matts diy site, i maybe a day late but in fact i am about 3 yrs in front because of joining clean it up and all the advice too many names to mention but they know who they are.

Dai, good fun yes !  its a new challenge when youve been w-c for a long time its like water off a ducks back this wfp is the future

Gaza,  Debbie will fix your RO up for you tomorrow then you can tell the wife you did it  ;D   you've made a trolley system does your wife know that youve took the hoover apart?

Sarah,  bath , few beers, pizza , what muscles?

Andrew,  back ,neck, sholders, legs , feet, blisters and thats just my first day  i know im a wimp  :'(  put my name on one of those trolleys mate !  the backpack is very good but im looking to expand

cheers

Brett.

gaza

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2005, 01:08:38 am »
Brett eat more pizza thats the only way you will expand ;D Instead of spending your kids pocket money on gizmos ;)

Maybe coming over sometime tommorrow,so make sure youve choc bickies [give you a ring]

gaza

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2005, 09:04:14 am »
Andrew,  back ,neck, sholders, legs , feet, blisters and thats just my first day  i know im a wimp  :'(  put my name on one of those trolleys mate !  the backpack is very good but im looking to expand

cheers

Brett.

Ok Dokie Brett...  DONE MATE!!!   ;D

brett walker

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2005, 11:10:15 pm »

cheers

Brett.

Ok Dokie Brett...  DONE MATE!!!   ;D

SOLD  8)