This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Brush size
« on: October 15, 2005, 06:45:41 pm »
I have the 10" Vikan sill brush - happy with that but without getting all Spinal Tap what is a sensible size to go up to for domestic work (don't say eleven please) ;)

And does anyone find not having a sill brush is a disadvantage - eg could I get the same results with a regular brush; which, I get the impression, is what more people use

thanks,  Red

matt

Re: Brush size
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:03:43 pm »
i use the standard Vikan brush, and it works well :)

i have a 10 incher aswell  ;)

watch the chicks flock to this post ;)

H h20

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 09:30:49 pm »
I buy my brushes from a local brush supplier who sells window cleaning equipment,they are 11 inch i convert them to wfp,drill them add the jet connectors and they cost me about  £6 all in,they work a treat,no need to spend silly money,Gaz

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 09:43:18 pm »
i have a 10 incher aswell 

I have a Vikan 10 incher as well does what it say's on the box "moves cobwebs, flatens spiders, wets the windows.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 09:47:07 pm »
I have a good cheap 10" off a window cleaner called alan ,he even paid the postage ,so any one else getting rid of an old brush you can send them to me and then i can sell them to gaz  ;D

Dave

H h20

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2005, 09:49:47 pm »
I have a good cheap 10" off a window cleaner called alan ,he even paid the postage ,so any one else getting rid of an old brush you can send them to me and then i can sell them to gaz  ;D

Dave
Mine are brand new,i may not like paying silly money but i don`t just buy any old crap Dave.Gaz

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2005, 09:52:49 pm »
I have a good cheap 10" off a window cleaner called alan ,he even paid the postage ,so any one else getting rid of an old brush you can send them to me and then i can sell them to gaz  

Well I was getting worried by the way you were cutting bits of your old one.

Mine are brand new,i may not like paying silly money but i don`t just buy any old crap Dave.Gaz

That be one of my old expensive Ionic you be talking about there, Stokys (the captain of the Titanic came from there I bet he made do as well)
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

H h20

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2005, 09:56:28 pm »
I have a good cheap 10" off a window cleaner called alan ,he even paid the postage ,so any one else getting rid of an old brush you can send them to me and then i can sell them to gaz 

Well I was getting worried by the way you were cutting bits of your old one.

That be one of my old expensive Ionic you be talking about there, Stokys (the captain of the Titanic came from there I bet he made do as well)
I would say you were slightly over exaturating there Alan,Gaz  ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2005, 09:59:49 pm »
I would say you were slightly over exaturating there Alan,Gaz 

I look in the mirror and see one every day (Stoky that is)

or are you refering to my 10 incher(brush)
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005, 10:05:53 pm »

Dave

Best brush i have got and it was free ,i dont need a new one now

Dave

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005, 10:46:16 pm »
When I got my trolley system from Peter Fogwill it came with a sixteen inch jobby with a picture of a salmon on it and a logo that said (funnily enough) "Salmon"

I found that on domestic it was a bit big and I bought  a 10" vikan brush which is great and with which I also (when necessary) clean the cills. (However, on some commercial I find it a bit on the small side.)

The cheapo light unger pole I've got has an adjuster section at the top to angle the brush and the vikan has a plastic extension which does the same so with this double adjustment I can get over deep window cills or stand back to get over deep porches or flat roofs and adjust the head to several angles as necessary.

Also the smaller brush is easier to control.
It's a game of three halves!