This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

Window cleaning at the Shard
« on: June 29, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »
Hi
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Shard at London Bridge but I thought you might be interested in some of the work we've done on it. The cleaning of the external glass is is pretty straightforward from cradles (albeit at 1000ft!) but cleaning the cavities from the inside is also going to be a job worth having for someone!
Regards
Mike 

GB Window Cleaning

Re: Window cleaning at the Shard
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:50:23 am »
yowza  :o not sure if id be too keen on that mate, bit high for me  :P

George Gardner

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 08:39:07 pm »
Are you kidding me - do you actually clean the shard?

George Gardner

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 08:41:54 pm »
My god and your only 10 minutes from me in good old Dudley - ill await an invite. Cough Cough  ;)

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 06:15:24 pm »

No, we aren't doing the cleaning - we helped them decide what construction would be easiest to clean. They're like double glazed units that have blinds inside them and, because hot air travels through the middle, the inside cavities will have to be cleaned on a scheduled basis as well as the internal and external faces. The original design meant that these cavities would have had to be cleaned from the exterior of the building because the windows were effectively going to be 'louvred' units. They changed the construction design after our work. It was an interesting job to do!
Regards
Mike

John Walker

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
Looks like I'll need to order a second backpack before I tender.......  ;D
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

George Gardner

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »

No, we aren't doing the cleaning - we helped them decide what construction would be easiest to clean. They're like double glazed units that have blinds inside them and, because hot air travels through the middle, the inside cavities will have to be cleaned on a scheduled basis as well as the internal and external faces. The original design meant that these cavities would have had to be cleaned from the exterior of the building because the windows were effectively going to be 'louvred' units. They changed the construction design after our work. It was an interesting job to do!
Regards
Mike

It sounds interesting, you must be an authorative source as they contacted you! They do say window cleaning isnt a science but it creeps in here and there  ;) (eg like fall of a ladder and gravity will win  ;))
 ;D ;D ;D