This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

another small office pricing help
« on: June 23, 2011, 01:22:49 am »
following on from my thread the other week and people saying i went in too high i'd like opinions on what i've been asked to quote before i give a price

this office needs 1 cleaner for 1 hour per day on mon, tues, thurs, fri, sat, sun. it has to be between 5pm-6pm before they close up for the night. it's just for just 5 weeks as cleaner is off.

it's local but we don't have any one who can def do it, especially weekends between those hours. as it's for a short time and over weekend i'd like to get some views on this. i honestly don't know what we should go in with.

Pristine Clean

Re: another small office pricing help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 07:59:41 am »
So am I right in thinking you are just covering the job while the cleaner goes away on holiday at say a week or two at a time.

If so we do you have any others like that? We now have several like that. Mainly estate agents, schools. They have there own staff and ask us to cover when their cleaner goes on holiday.

It can be awkward at times. Especially if you book other work in and they just then call you. You have to cover the work as you have agreed to take it on.

Ill admit I don't have anything as small as 1 hour a day. My minimum charge on cover work of that size would still need to be £130+ VAT based on 7 hours. 1 hour per day.

If it was on the basis you were providing a regular service I would be somewhere in the bracket of £11.90 + VAT per hour + materials

As we have several over 30 like that they make up a fair amount at the end of the year. I would be interested to see what others would be charging on something like this. The pricing needs to come from companies in the commercial office cleaning sector. Otherwise you will be thrown in every direction from what they want to earn, or they will price it for an hours work on their rate which will not help.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Adam P

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 06:07:20 pm »
thanks for reply pristine. yes that's correct just covering whilst their cleaner is away on sick leave for 5 weeks.

Paolo

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:19 pm »
£15 an hour.