This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mxg

Main Contractors Discount
« on: October 13, 2005, 01:15:41 pm »

We have been asked to quote for a builders clean, but for the first time the request contains the phrase:

"Please include 2.5% MCD (Main Contractors Discount) inclusive of your quotation, retentions held are usually 5% or 0% depending on trade."

So my question is - If I want to clear say £1000 do I have to quote a price of  £1000+2.5% ie 1025.64

And I assume that a 0% retention is most appropriate for cleaning services

Mick

Eureka Ventures

Re: Main Contractors Discount
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 01:47:43 pm »
This is a typical clause in a building contract where the main contractor uses subcontractors for part or all of the construction.

The 'discount' is,  to all intents and purposes, the main contractors 'fee' for attending to you while you are on his site.

The retention is intended to encourage subbies to return to site and rectify any defects which occur within a specified time limit. I wouldn't have thought this applies to a builder's clean

Your arithemetic is correct, though it's more usual to round-up, (£1026.00) rather than £1025.64
A consistently good service

Tim Downer

Re: Main Contractors Discount
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 04:18:02 pm »
All our contracts from our developers mention a 5% retention, but we always cross this out and change to zero before signing anything.

Regarding the other.....have never seen that one before, or more than likely have never noticed it before!!

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"