This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Taberner

Has CIU improved you?
« on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:13 pm »
Good evening fella's,

Ive just been looking through my previous posts over the last few years and ive found them a very good read,

Id like to think that due to the knowledge and contacts that I have gained since my very first viewing of CIU that my business has improved no end.

The amount of work that has been generated for my business by glancing on this forum a "few" times a day is totally staggering.

When I first started looking at this forum window cleaning was just a stop-gap until I got into the police force full time. I couldnt even take the job seriously career wise as I honestly couldnt see any form of long term future in it. Now I wouldnt consider a full time role as a bobby.

What a difference a few years makes.

As a whole Id say the CIU experience as improved me.

How about you guys?

Dean.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Dean Taberner

Re: Has CIU improved you?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 07:34:38 pm »
Ive been a member since 2006 but I never used the site until my first post in May 2008,

3 years ago.

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 07:57:32 pm »
Defo yes .... im 1 year in but rekon ive got 5 years knowlegde from here

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 08:29:49 pm »
Yes, this forum and many others have helped me, each of the other forbidden to mention forums has its own angle for learning things that we dont concentrate so much on here, ie. Nathaniels Hot section on the ACS forum who have their famous "guild", Pros have their archive. The Diy forum has a wealth of the old knowledge should you need it, the Academy have a friendly bunch of real experts, as does Matts Cleaning Forums (who used to be a regular here until there was a big bust up. The USA has Gary Maur's original email forum. Karl has The Robinson Solutionsdaily  Blog . Knowledge from around this shrinking World.
Seek and ye shall find  8)
Hope the pain is diminishing Dean  :'(

Dean Taberner

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2011, 08:33:16 pm »
Hey Jeff,

Off subject,

Have you ever been on a ghost hunt of ruthin gaol?

LWC

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 08:37:51 pm »
Defo, saving money has been one of my biggest if im honest, if id of just gone with the suppliers id of spent a hell of a lot more money, but now i know i know a lot more since being on here, i can fix pretty much any problem with my system.

Harris poles have probably been the best tip ive got from here for money savers, and the post the other day about extending them, well! i cant thank you lot enough for that. 30ft pole for under £45!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 08:41:11 pm »
Hey Jeff,

Off subject,

Have you ever been on a ghost hunt of ruthin gaol?
Very popular, and a big draw, well booked up, but not for me, the condemed cell is an experience  :o

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 08:49:46 pm »
I was trad up until Dec, Wfp since then and loving it, but the info and help from you fellas has been fantastic   :o, so thanks a bunch   ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 09:07:25 pm »
Definitely.

If you filter out the tripe on here (not too hard) there's a wealth of knowledge that would take years to learn on your own.

Vin

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »
Definitely. Wouldn't have come into contact with Alex Gardiner otherwise. I think my business would have been very slow without it.
Don't post much anymore don't feel the need.

bobby p

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 09:27:02 pm »
forum made me realize that i could make something very worthwhile from what had previously  seemed just a stop-gap career for me

EandM

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:39:19 pm »
20 Years in, 6 on WFP - Can always learn something new. Thanks.

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 09:59:04 pm »
I doubt I would have had the confidence to go WFP nearly five yeras ago without this forum. And If I hadn't I would not be cleaning windows now.

Panorama

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
It's given me the confidence to take the leap into wfp. To be honest I thought it was a joke when I seen local companies using it in the past, but after nearly 3 months wfp I would never go back. I've also grown in confidence in pricing my work. When I started in august last year ( trad ) I underpriced a load of work , but now I find that with the customers who approach me I'm actually driving my prices up. I've got 60 customers so far without knocking on doors or leafleting ( I'm window cleaning part time ) and my target is 100.

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 07:10:26 am »
These forums are dragging us all closer to been a profession which is a mental state of mind and the more we think as one the closer we get to this goal.The less nonsense and abuse and the money and respect we will get.Thanks all who play there part.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2011, 07:46:41 am »
The whole ethos of a forum is to pass information, nobody who reads posts on here can say they haven't learnt something along the way.

I learn something new every time I come on and try and pass knowledge on where I can.

James Leet

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2011, 08:22:08 pm »
Yes, this forum and many others have helped me, each of the other forbidden to mention forums has its own angle for learning things that we dont concentrate so much on here, ie. Nathaniels Hot section on the ACS forum who have their famous "guild", Pros have their archive. The Diy forum has a wealth of the old knowledge should you need it, the Academy have a friendly bunch of real experts, as does Matts Cleaning Forums (who used to be a regular here until there was a big bust up. The USA has Gary Maur's original email forum. Karl has The Robinson Solutionsdaily  Blog . Knowledge from around this shrinking World.
Seek and ye shall find  8)
Hope the pain is diminishing Dean  :'(

Forums are great. take what you need and leave the rest.

Personally i find ' Matts cleaning forums ' very helpful and full of people willing to help you without the smart arse comments, It is top of the pile

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2011, 09:25:08 pm »
You mentioned the unmentionable, ::) well done  :)

Dean Taberner

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2011, 09:30:07 pm »
I'm stilL injured Jeff,

I've had a good weekend away though resting it, we are home tomorrow and I'm heading back the docs on tuesday afternoon.

I've got my main driver off on hol this coming week though so I'm going have to soldier on.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2011, 09:36:10 pm »
Your trying to do what I did and work through it  :'( you must be younger than me so I wish you well  :) you hero you  :)
Some of the docs may offer you an injection-take it, I didnt !