Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Allen

Re: Elite pole anyone
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 12:53:57 pm »
1 bottle looks bigger than the other  ;D

I've asked Nat to do a re-test with a more representative weight.  The SLX has been fine tuned to offer maximum rigidity at a more standard head weight (250g brushes not 750g oil bottles).  This overloading of weight will not offer a good representation of rigidity in a real world working environment.  This has allowed us to make the SL-X as light as it is (20% lighter).

thats nonsence, a more representative test would be a 2kg weight

in a real world working enviroment 750g is nothing
you regularly exert 2kg when cleaning the windows

Most of the force exerted during use of a pole is in compression on the length of the pole due to the acute angle of use. The greatest lateral force similar to the test environment (the photos show the poles almost horizontal) is actually exerted on the base sections not the top sections, which by diameter are more rigid anyway. The crucial thing for working ease is to keep the top sections as light as possible, this reduces whip and bounce which adversely affect the work experience. Combine this light weight with good rigidity and you have a work experience second to none.

rubbish, dont know how you can claim its less whippy the other pole wasnt affected with the low weight of 750g  ???

crucial thing for a wfp is a rigid pole
you excert several kilos using wfp's
750g is nothing, you can excert that amount of pressure with you little finger
and not even notice you are doing it

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »
I spent a few days working with both poles & can honestly say that without doing that test I would never have noticed any difference in rigidity between the poles in normal day to day use. I did notice the difference in weight though,... The SLX is noticeably lighter & with the extreme brush & gooseneck feels better balanced. I would expect that this difference will only be more pronounced with longer poles.

The Elite pole is brilliant,.. 10 out of 10.

The SLX is better,.. 12 out of 10 at least.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2011, 03:14:04 pm »
I think in all honesty that any increase in weight will reduce the rigidity the longer the pole gets. It would be an interesting test to see, both poles in the 45ft variant might give a different result as the base sections have to support a much heavier weight.

Simon.