This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stephen@keennclean

spots on windows
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:53 pm »
recentley had a complaint about spots on windows on 2nd clean!!!! 1st clean not a problem!!! upvc frames & sills,could that be the issue?

dave0123

Re: spots on windows
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »
probably not rinsing enough where are the spots?
Dave.

stephen@keennclean

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 06:38:21 am »
They were all over but very minute to see.this customer is a good friend so slightly better to have feedback/complaint off him.gonna re-visit today & just address glass.ta for your advice

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 05:09:34 pm »
probably more rinsing  i think.. did you go really fast this time? or turn your flow down
Dave.

best

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:24 pm »

had a problem recently with spots.
I noticed the water from the jets were hitting the bristles on my new unger sill brush, so i gave the bristle  a trim so the water did not hit them.
Had no problem since.

hope this helps anyone out there with spotting

brian

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:11 pm »
recentley had a complaint about spots on windows on 2nd clean!!!! 1st clean not a problem!!! upvc frames & sills,could that be the issue?

there are many many reasons for spotting mate. i suggest you go to the "Window Cleaning Issues" board and check out my recent threads!

and use the search facility! i found out loads looking through old topics!

let me know how you get on because this is a subject very close to my heart, as everyone on here alweady knows!  ;D

best of luck

GB

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 03:01:07 pm »
Hi mate -quite often it can be from the top of the frames or the pure water routing the crap out from the rubber beading it will take on average about 3 cleans until this stops anyway but as the gentleman says in the earlier post make sure you rinse well,i usually come down in horizontal sweeps dropping an inch at a time as i go-The best way is to give all new customers an info leaflet explaining it all as these often state that it will take 2-3 visits before spotting stops i have done this for all my customers and it works a treat, Can send u one of mine if u wish and u would just need to copy and paste the writing onto your own letterhead.

All the best

grahamlaud

vision tech

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »
small spots all over the window sounds like your tds is up.
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

Inside Out

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »
Hi all. First Post, sorry if telling you how to suck eggs.
I have known of a problem similar to this with another cleaner. After leaving the house he cleaned, a neighbour started some building work creating a lot of dust.
This stuck to the beads of water that were left on the glass.
Make sure there is nothing to contaminate after you have left - dusty paths, even someone having a bonfire - smoke will spot your windows also. In such a case it is always a good idea to blade windows too.
Paul