This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

doyster

Advice Needed Please
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:48:41 am »
 Hi i'm new to the forum but what a great helpful place.I wondered if someone could help me with a little advice please.
 I'm looking to buy a 250 bar honda pressure washer and have phoned a few places for advice and prices but am getting a few conflicting views.The main concerns are some suppliers advise getting the reduction gearbox while some say it is a waste of time.
 Also some have said the 13hp models can be happily run from mains supply while others say you need a water butt.
 I would be greatful if anyone could tell me their experience with these machines and any reasons why one is better than the other.Also any recommendations for suppliers would be great too though i think i've rung most of the big ones.
 Thanks in advance for any help.

kevin

Re: Advice Needed Please
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 10:11:42 am »

Give Dave at Nailsea Power Cleaning a call on 01275 810881 He will give you very good advice. kevin

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 12:55:18 pm »
Who can tell you what sort of supply the hose will deliver? Some are good and others are pants - a buffer tank will sort this for every outside tap. A low speed pump should last longer but are dearer - I have a 13hp honda with a direct interpump that did 7 long seasons before it needed anything other than valves and unlooader valve. I have tech clean kit but have just bought a diesel machine from Wrightway pressure washers who were very good - and honest !

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 08:09:56 pm »
this http://www.jet-wash-direct.co.uk/pressurewashers/sigma-gx13hp.html is perhaps the most common machine used, and this company was also the cheapest when i bought mine a few years ago.

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 08:16:31 pm »
All the reduction gearbox does is reduces the revs needed on the engine therefore lenghtening the life of the engine.Mine hasnt got one on and is still running like new after 3 years.Regular oil changes and maintenance are essential just like any other engine.
Your main concern is running the pump without water going through it,this will shorten the pumps life and therefore is essential to ensure that you have good water supply and thats where the buffer tank comes and not running direct from a tap.

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »
All the reduction gearbox does is reduces the revs needed on the engine therefore lenghtening the life of the engine.Mine hasnt got one on and is still running like new after 3 years.Regular oil changes and maintenance are essential just like any other engine.
Your main concern is running the pump without water going through it,this will shorten the pumps life and therefore is essential to ensure that you have good water supply and thats where the buffer tank comes and not running direct from a tap.
also meant to add the reduction box should help with extending the pumps life too

kevin

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

Here is Nailsea power cleaning web site www.nailseapowercleaning.com

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 09:39:12 pm »
The engine revs remain constant but the gearbox slows the pump speed which means bigger pistons / stroke deliver the same output. I have a tired direct drive m/c which I changed the valves and unloader every year and I will do the same on my new gearbox m/c

doyster

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:30 pm »
 Thanks for the advice everyone,much appreciated.