Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

boshravie

Re: my new lad- feel hes a loser
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2011, 09:45:41 pm »
I had people working for me when I had the Army contracts in the 90's and did big jobs like hospitals and schools. Some were old sweats at the game but only wanted part time work. Paid them the average that good shiners get but no bonus. Had a few 18 year olds over the years too. Only one was a born shiner. He worked with me for about 2 weeks then I could leave him on his own on domestic work. 100%. Off he'd go down a street like a bloody wind up train.
He eventually got a place in colllage to train as a lab tech or something. Another guy I taught ws a Turkish guy. Another natural shiner. He's a foreman at a big industrial cleaning firm now and runs teams of shiners on big jobs. He could work alone to a very high standard after only about 6 months. I had him on all the big jobs and alone on doestics.
I always praised them when they were good, paid a few little bonuses when deserved, and praised them to my custies infront of them. I think that helps.
When I had to dicepline someone, I'd always do that in private, something I learned from the army and books I've read.

People crave recognition too, money isn't the only incentive. I always tried to make my workers feel appreciated.

Well said cozy .

ronnie paton

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:23 pm »
Ronnie p - you being experienced and all that, what stuff do you put up with? or is it zero tolerance for you?      im small fry  ,just me +the lad but im thinking if i was bigger,with a huge round needing doing, you surely cant sack somebody so easily as who will do the work the next day
I'm not a big fry, no your right you can't have a no tolerence but you have to draw a line.

My main issue is the standards if that is kePt high I would have less problems, if I sacked them I would doma little more till replaced.

G Griffin

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:29 pm »
always got an empty bottle in the van. you never know when the pee fairy will strike !!!
1 litre bottle? but i dont want my van reeking of his spilt pee. howabout a bucket ,with a lid, or small pedal bin ??

A pedal bin?  ;D
The lid isn`t secure. That`ll stink your van out.
Do you think he wants to go to the toilet all the time, or is it just an excuse to stop work?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

bobby p

Re: my new lad- feel hes a loser New
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2011, 06:57:17 am »
i suppose every man is different but hes peeing at least 8times,maybe more, in the working day. enough that its delaying the work as he also has to find a hidden spot each time too.

this morning im going to have a talk with him, not about that, but to make it clear to him that his timekeeping and stupidity has got to stop . also his phone will be switched off at work and no wearing sunglasses unless its actually sun ,thereby he will  see streaks  better.

this weekend will buy a pee bucket and it will be his to wash out / also today i will be placing a small ad in a shop for a 2nd worker  and will be juggling the 2  for a while

by the way,he is 22, has never worked before, his mum shoved him forward to the job,she seems a grafter herself  but im not going bothering her, in a bid to get her coaxing him along .