Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

my new lad- feel hes a loser
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:07 am »
its jus my rant really-but what would you do?   this year stepped up my game and my aims to double round with a lad and let my body take less strain in the process

well im on target to doublin it by year end but my latest lad(the 2nd,the 1st lasted 2weeks) is starting to muck me about, today its a late tex tellin me he wont be in till 11 . he knows ive a 3 strikes and you are out rule  and he is pretty much there now  and to be honest his peeing at EVERY house we go to is narking me off as well . maybe im being petty but im a patient bloke but  what can i do-  get another and just finish this one? or get another and let them work alternate days?

Re: my new lad- feel hes a loser
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:01:25 am »
dump

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:32 am »
Dont know if its a genuine reason for being in late.

But if he has just said he wont be in and is generally messing about at the begining, then he's more than likely to do it all the time.

Tell him you wont accept it and that if he doesnt get his act together, then hes back at the job centre
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:50:56 am »
He doesn't sound imtrested anyway an probably won't be bothered by any standard of work.. Get rid coming in at 11 i would said dont bother mate it's not worth it!!
Dave.

Helen

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 11:45:05 am »
its jus my rant really-but what would you do?   this year stepped up my game and my aims to double round with a lad and let my body take less strain in the process

well im on target to doublin it by year end but my latest lad(the 2nd,the 1st lasted 2weeks) is starting to muck me about, today its a late tex tellin me he wont be in till 11 . he knows ive a 3 strikes and you are out rule  and he is pretty much there now  and to be honest his peeing at EVERY house we go to is narking me off as well . maybe im being petty but im a patient bloke but  what can i do-  get another and just finish this one? or get another and let them work alternate days?

I think the signs are all there  ;D
He's telling you what time he will be in ???  You're the boss. I would have said be here in half an hour and we'll forget it, or if not don't bother at all...Wise up, we've just had a long hot bank hol weekend, he's probably been out in the sun too much, drank too much and parties too much and now can't be bothered to get up for work!
Let him go, part on good terms and get another lad. Let us know how many you go through, before you get a good one

Helen

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »
5792 AND STILL COUNTING ;D

Did I ever say "told you so"!!!!! ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:40:08 pm »
Given up here too, had 2 , find its easier to work alone, got the wife leaving her job to help next month, she said she will work 2 days a week till our daughter goes school then maybe a bit more, i can earn enough on my own its just not much fun working 5 days a week when it is possible to get others working ..... but that doesnt make your time free as by the sounds of it, the work just changes not go away

at least working alone you don't have to worry about the work being done well etc, and you can just refine your round into a decent paying one that suits your lifestyle that you want....

Ian101

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 02:57:19 pm »
The secret with young lads is to interview the mother as well at same time. This will give u a feel for if she will kick his a rse if he messes u about. I've done this for years when employing in motor trade and when I had a lad earlier this year believe me its the best way

Sean Dyer

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:56 pm »
a 18-19 yr old isnt gonna bring mummy to an interview though surely....or you talking about 15-16 yr olds

Lee GLS

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 03:38:05 pm »
How much you paying the lad?

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 03:55:14 pm »
19 or below then yup bring mother as well they don't like it then no interview and time saved employing a no hoper .... Sounds daft idea but it works every time

tacky

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 04:21:22 pm »
u be better off employing the mother .

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »
keep him and dock his cash he will soon flook off mate. or have yourself cloned.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »
you will go though between 10-15 blokes before you find the right one. ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 04:50:21 pm »
19 or below then yup bring mother as well they don't like it then no interview and time saved employing a no hoper .... Sounds daft idea but it works every time

sounds a good idea ian, still i am sticking it alone for now, did it prematurely anyway, still haven.t got what i would consider a matured business as sole trader yet so will perfect that first !

clearlyclean

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 05:02:05 pm »

He is starting to mark his patch  ;D get rid if they can't turn up then there no good.

bobby p

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 05:58:53 pm »
i was so mad this morning ,working alone on double-grot new customers ,which were lined up for BOTH of us to do- so instead of picking him up at 11 ,i made him sweat until 1 . hes told me he wont do it again .

im paying him 7 quid an hour ,paid only for hours on the glass

Ive decided to put the feelers out for a new worker,a small ad somewhere ,while still getting some use from the "peeing  boho " /  by the way, how often are you lot peeing ?, i know my brother pees more than me, but surely not every 20 minutes !

mci services

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 06:02:42 pm »
Sounds like he has a problem if peeing all the time, I pee at lunch time and when I finish work.

Did he have an excuse for not starting on time.

Jackal

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 06:09:02 pm »
i dont pee in gardens at all, most the time i dont go all day if i think i cant wait till i get home i use local toliets which are less than 2 mins drive form where i work,but i dont have any tea breaks either