This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MJHolmes

Windys PATCH
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:34:23 pm »
Hi all,
         Just thought that id ask you all about this...What are your views on WINDYS PATCHES do you think that this is the thing of the past????????? I looked up on the internet about how window cleaning came about and what the old days where like.....

In those days they rode around on a push bike with ladders balance on there shoulder or around there neck balancing water buckets on them...The Word PATCH in them days was given because money was hard to fine and windys would give one another a street to do, helping each other bring home a wage,,,it was never like "your on my PATCH at all"

as time has gone on from these old days of window cleaning, we have become more teratourial in the areas we do and agression has become a big factor in windys getting business...the younger generation has made it this the way as it is today....But as they say you dont own anything or anyone so i say its a free for all.....i would gladly help a windy if they had say 2 customers on a street that i do. and i had 2 on a street he does so then you can make your cleaning more compact. I cant see why we cant take a look at the old days  and help each other. I have 4 window cleaners on my street all doing a share.....

dazmond

Re: Windys PATCH
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 01:28:37 pm »
i have a few "patches" where i work on my very compact stuff.im by far the dominant window cleaner in some areas with the odd window cleaner cleaning a few properties sandwiched in between a hundred or so of my accounts.ive not got a problem with them! i always wave or go and have a chat for 5 mins!a lot of my compact work is cheap but it keeps the competition at bay!

i very rarely lose work to the fringe window cleaners.most give up these accounts after a while as they cant usually make it pay as i have the estates" sewn up" so to speak.

i also have clumps  of work and a few stand alones sandwiched in between a load of other guys work but these are usually bigger accounts and are still worth it as these tend to be much better priced.

i have had other windys who pass work over simply because its too much hassle for them to do 1 account in between a load of mine as they know it wont lead to cleaning the whole street.i do the same unless its a big property.if its a small 3 bedder or terraced they can have em!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
Did a quote the other day and the customer said they were happy to go ahead, but didnt want to cause any problems if it was someone else's patch.

I told them not to worry as the old patch system just doesnt exist any more.

You wouldnt see the energy companys dividing up areas would you ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

MJHolmes

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 01:48:14 pm »
Spot on my friend.....Its all in the past

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 02:27:02 pm »
A distant memory thankfully.

If patches existed it would have to exist everywhere, therefore supermarkets wouldn't be able to open another store too close to another incase they upset them ;)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 05:08:00 pm »
Patches pmsl

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:06:54 pm »
Up in grimy grim Lancashire in the old luddite towns the ghost of Stan. (you are a tosser gold) the. man. doth appear ghastly white dragging its knuckles and clinking its chains as it urinates against every lamppost marking its territory and wails the plaintive cry ...

"gerofff moi patch roight; geroff or I'll smash yer car and kick yer ladder from under you"

But the world moves on and these patch-ites fall from their ladders, die, or get duffed up by a bigger tougher patchite who gets all the £2.50 houses for himself.

It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:32:03 am »
Up in grimy grim Lancashire in the old luddite towns the ghost of Stan. (you are a tosser gold) the. man. doth appear ghastly white dragging its knuckles and clinking its chains as it urinates against every lamppost marking its territory and wails the plaintive cry ...

"gerofff moi patch roight; geroff or I'll smash yer car and kick yer ladder from under you"

But the world moves on and these patch-ites fall from their ladders, die, or get duffed up by a bigger tougher patchite who gets all the £2.50 houses for himself.

stop on ;D

the bfg

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 06:56:49 am »

stop on ;D

they cant all hit those dizzy sky high bristol prices,  Ive even heard stories of you not getting any change from a fiver.          no wonder they say the streeets are paved in gold but thats what happens when you have that many stray dogs roaming the streets  :D

and dont come any were near my patch or you'll get a thick ear  >:(

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 09:51:55 am »
You try canvassing certain streets in Portsmouth, and tell the local window cleaner that there is no such thing as a patch anymore!!!!!  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 08:47:46 am »
You try canvassing certain streets in Portsmouth, and tell the local window cleaner that there is no such thing as a patch anymore!!!!!  ;D

ok i will!

groundhog

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 08:48:52 am »
You try canvassing certain streets in Portsmouth, and tell the local window cleaner that there is no such thing as a patch anymore!!!!!  ;D

ok i will!

Good luck mate!! I'll visit you in Hospital... do you like grapes?  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 08:57:29 am »
i doubt that mate! why who wants a fight?

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 09:04:37 am »
i doubt that mate! why who wants a fight?

Not me matey, but there's some nasty pieces of work cleaning windows in certain areas of Pompey and they don't mess about if someones on their patch!!! :(

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 09:12:03 am »
No problem, tell them if they want a fight, im ready whenever and where ever they like! anytime anywhere its the gracie why for the last 100 years!

Regards

GB

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 09:13:54 am »
there some " nasty pieces of wor" as you put it everywhere and what ive found is there all whimps when it comes down to it! so as i said... Anytime anywhere. Tell them from me and if there intersted i'll arange something!

groundhog

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 09:15:55 am »
No problem, tell them if they want a fight, im ready whenever and where ever they like! anytime anywhere its the gracie why for the last 100 years!

Regards

GB

Sorry to tell you this but they don't fight fair and roll around on a nice soft mat dressed in dressing gowns!!  ;)

the bfg

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 09:34:56 am »
now now chiefs go easy we all get the picture.

GB  its my patch still defo goes on around the country,  may not have happened to you or me but others certasinly have experiences of it.

its usually the doleys who try it on when a legit w/c comes on the scene  but w/c companies have also been known for it.

at the end of the day its how you deal with it and the best and quickest solution is call the police,   if someone broke into your house and stole your possesions you would call them so do the same if someone tries to steal your business.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 09:38:21 am »
instead of typing gracie jiu jitsu into google, type it into youtube mate!  ;D

we dont need mats or dressing gowns and if they dont fight fair neither do we!

oh and my thingy is bigger than yours and my daddy is harder than your daddy!  ;D

and you sound like your scared of these window cleaners because your soft!?

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 09:44:49 am »
I remember patches being used for the benefit of wc`ers. Passing the odd job on to another when it`s easier for them to do.
Or to put off problematic customers. If a customer asks and I`ve been warned about them, I can say sorry it`s not my patch/area. I don`t say it as much now and just say I`m too busy to take on anymore jobs.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐