This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

WFP & Chemical good enough for cleaning con roofs?

yes
71.4%
10 (71.4%)
no
28.6%
4 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Wc Solutions

con roofs/valet
« on: April 13, 2011, 05:51:11 pm »
as above

just been told on here im not doing the job right by just using wfp & tfr on con roofs

mikecam

Re: con roofs/valet
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 06:27:03 pm »
I must be doing it more wrong than you, sometimes i don't even use pure water never mind TFR or anything, i just use my poles and the tap available, i carry my own hose reels. They come up fine.

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »
did one today, i used "evans high class" detergent, same as i use for windows, then connected pole to custys hose reel. scrub and rinse with my new "vikan stiff sill brush" then finally gave it a quick going over with puer water.

one thing i was a little worried about after inspecting the finished job was i fear the vikan stiff brush might have slightly but hardly noticably scratched the polyerothane (plasctic corrigated) roof panels  :-[  ???

what do other recon?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 07:18:42 pm »
Cleaning perspex with any sort of monofilamet brush will scratch the plastic/perspex, come back on a sunny day and look from the inside to see the crazing :o

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:19:38 pm »
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:57:58 pm »
Cleaning perspex with any sort of monofilamet brush will scratch the plastic/perspex, come back on a sunny day and look from the inside to see the crazing :o

really?  :-[ oh dear  :'(

On the plus side its like frosted not totally transparent, so i hope the custy wont notice!  :-\

one more question, what in the hell is this god damn vikin stiff brush good for then? i bought it for conny roofs now i cant even use it on them! might as well chuck it in the bin?!?  >:(

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 08:00:59 pm »
Tell you what Dan.... how about you come to me and i'll give you a days training of how to perfect a conservatory roof clean with only the following items.... I wont even charge you for the pleasure of my company & knowledge ;)

superlight flocked
5L garden sprayer
wfp van system
clx 18
100L of pure (being generous)
customers hose & water for 15mins
flocked sill brush
pair of steps
1 bucket
1 hand brush
6 sill cloths
and finally my homebrew - i mean chemical

I've got a couple of conny jobs in the pipeline, so if you dont fancy a days training i'll get you them pictures
 :P :-* ;) 8)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 08:10:20 pm »
Dan, im not getting touchy at all. I dont have any up close & personal pictures like you asked for.

However im willing to take you under my wing for a day to show you how its done (you completley ignored that part)... failing that i'll get you the pictures you want as i said above.

Just tell me what pictures you want and i'll get the before and after pictures for your viewing pleasure

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 08:14:48 pm »
dan... out of interest how would you recomend doing a canny "valet" as apposed to a conny "clean"?

Thanks

GB

DaveG

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 09:23:56 pm »
I kind of get what Dan is saying, Ive been doing loads of fascia/gutter cleans lately just using wfp. Ive had some real bad "ingrained" dirty ones and even after they've been cleaned they dont look "brand new" ..just clean...even tho most customers say they look new!

Not getting at Bluefrog in anyway, because those before and after pics are great. But I can see the difference between a clean and a valet
You can't polish a turd

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:50:10 pm »
to me a "valet" as you call it seems to be verging on restoration?!