Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

Re: How do you...
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »
you may have to leave the ignition on if you intend to use the cig socket which may not be ideal in all cases

rosskesava

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 07:55:32 pm »
What about running the wire underneath the van and cable tying it to the brake line before drilling a hole upwards through the floor at the back and then seal the hole with resin?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

mci services

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
you may have to leave the ignition on if you intend to use the cig socket which may not be ideal in all cases

I was going to say that but he is only using the live feed to charge a leisure battery so it won't matter ;)

WinTech

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »
Am I corect in my asumption that a split relay will only kick in when the van bat is fully charged.

I was chating to a guy about this the other day and he recons it is about 30mins befor the pump bat will start charging after the van has been fired up?

The cig lighter sound a brill idea.

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2011, 08:47:30 pm »
Am I corect in my asumption that a split relay will only kick in when the van bat is fully charged.

I was chating to a guy about this the other day and he recons it is about 30mins befor the pump bat will start charging after the van has been fired up?

The cig lighter sound a brill idea.

My son has an intelligent split charge relay (Smartcom 30A) and you can hear it click in within a few moments (probably 10 secs at most) after starting the van and that was in the cold weather.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dave carroll

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2011, 09:56:32 pm »
when my battery was on its last legs i had to use the ciggy lighter method. i didn't have a light on mine but i don't think it means any thing really as you can have it connected to your battery without being inserted (or fuse blown) and it will light up with the power from the leisure battery, so it makes you believe that all is ok when in fact it isn't.

dave

ps. tosh you're right about doing it yourself as you then know how it works and if it goes wrong when you're working you stand a better chance of fixing it without stopping for the day

pps. i believe you also have to pull out the ciggy connector when you start the vehicle as you'll be using the leisure battery as a starter battery which it's not designed to do. thats the beauty of a split charge relay, they don't allow the current to pass the wrong way

FCS

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 11:25:07 pm »
TOSH!

did you get sorted finally?

I've had a split relay in for a year, with a brand new battery, and I'm suspecting the relay might be bust as I can't hear it clicking any more..   

What and who is that video on your signature, it makes me laugh every time I see it, she looks so sheepish!!

JS_Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 11:52:52 pm »
after my van got hit and i was moving system to the new van, i couldnt find a way into the engine, so i drilled 2 small holes into the roof of the passengers wheel arch and got it in that way, when everthings hooked up a bit of silicone to fill the holes, was handy enough