This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Topclean

flow controllers
« on: April 08, 2011, 03:20:20 pm »
Are they up for this job or not?

I have been through so many now and its starting to do my head in! today one just starting flashing battery after working fine all day then started to smell burning, look inside and yep burnng itself out?????????

This is not the first one to have done this and they are not a couple of quid are they...

does anyone else use something different other than bypassing water back to the tank.

come on spill the beans anyone else noticed this???

RANT OVER.

dave.e

Re: flow controllers
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »
Are they up for this job or not?

I have been through so many now and its starting to do my head in! today one just starting flashing battery after working fine all day then started to smell burning, look inside and yep burnng itself out?????????

This is not the first one to have done this and they are not a couple of quid are they...

does anyone else use something different other than bypassing water back to the tank.

come on spill the beans anyone else noticed this???

RANT OVER.

Hi mate i to are having problems with my flo controller i have had it about 11 months and i find i can not use it any higher than 55 if i wind it up to 80 it starts flashing battery and that's when the battery is fully charged. when i started window cleaning 7 years ago i ran the pump striate of the batt with no controller  and never had any problems i know i have not been much help but you know now your not on your own

dave

jonboywalton75

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »
12volt 30 amp voltage regulator from Virtual village, works a treat and only £24.00 when i bought mine.

dave.e

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 08:01:00 pm »
12volt 30 amp voltage regulator from Virtual village, works a treat and only £24.00 when i bought mine.

have you got a link please mate so i can have a look cheers dave

Dougaldum

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 08:12:52 pm »
If you don't mind me asking what is wrong with bypassing the tank

Topclean

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 08:39:57 pm »
i found when bypassing to the tank the pumps would be running at full flow, inturn running the battery down far to quickly and i also found myself replacing these more often. just seems a no win situation.

contacted the company i bought the controller from and they reckon the older digi ones, out of 50 purchased 10 would be no good ???  that seems way to high in my opinion.

cheers for replys guys, i,m glad im not on my own!!!!

alanwilson

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 12:29:04 am »
we took all our varistreams out and all pumps in each van now just wired up to battery and using pressure switch.  we use triggers on the poles.

so much simpler, full flow and if you're worried about battery life - get a bigger battery
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

mci services

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 12:33:39 am »
we took all our varistreams out and all pumps in each van now just wired up to battery and using pressure switch.  we use triggers on the poles.

so much simpler, full flow and if you're worried about battery life - get a bigger battery

I agree with alan just throw them away, it will speed your work up no end,

and don't think you will use more water you don't you just work quicker

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 06:47:01 am »
Work quicker?  Even when knackered?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 04:52:05 pm »
I have just had the same problem,it turned out to be the cheap and nasty scotch lock type fuse holder supplied

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »
No probs, i wouldn't be where i am today if it wasn't for all the tips i've had from other windies