Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

BEN DAVISON CLEANING

new start up
« on: March 30, 2011, 07:40:53 pm »
Pickin up my carpet cleaning gear tonight.Already have a succesfull window cleaning business but am looking into doing carpet cleaning as a sideline for now and see how things go. Had 2000 cards printed up and had a couple of magnet sighns for the side of van made up.Been telling my window customers about it and already a handfull of jobs lined up ;D. Im paying £2500 for powrflite 1085 with all the bits including wand, Top of the range vac,carpet dryer,spotting kit and lots of chems.All brought in december.Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.Cheers Ben :)

sherco

Re: new start up
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:37:43 am »
Pickin up my carpet cleaning gear tonight.Already have a succesfull window cleaning business but am looking into doing carpet cleaning as a sideline for now and see how things go. Had 2000 cards printed up and had a couple of magnet sighns for the side of van made up.Been telling my window customers about it and already a handfull of jobs lined up ;D. Im paying £2500 for powrflite 1085 with all the bits including wand, Top of the range vac,carpet dryer,spotting kit and lots of chems.All brought in december.Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.Cheers Ben :)
My Advice is get training before you even go near a carpet with your machine!!!
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

BEN DAVISON CLEANING

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:29:33 am »
Will do sherco.Just doiung family and freinds at the minute.Do you think the machine will do long term.Getting good results just need some good training like you say.Just wondering also wat you meen by "your machine!!!"

Jamie Lindsay

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 08:25:12 pm »
courses in my opinion are a rip off dont learn much... you would be better saving your money went on ncca course and have learned more from one job than what i did on the course in saying that the folder they give you is pretty handy

Paul Evans

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 01:41:52 pm »
I Think courses are a must for new start ups (like my self) i have only been CC cleaning for just over a month. But some of the lads you meet there are good uns and can give ya good advice. Plus when you are paying for the training you get it straight from the horses mouth. I have been on three courses 2 with Derek Bolton  1 with Paul Moss. Must say they both know there stuff in depth. but i preffered the Paul Moss course.
Others may tell you of another course they preffered, Just my opinion.

Paul.
And there are some gud uns on this forum.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 01:44:22 am »
The majority of jobs will be perfectly straight forward but unless you know how to deal with the 5% that are not you will find yourself in a lot of trouble. Too have an opportunity to learn from the most experienced cleaners in this business and to have them as a resource I believe is folly to ignore. I find you get out what you put in and mixing with like minded folk is a real bonus. Training is tax deductable, invest now and you could save a fortune.

Your machine is perfectly fine and if looked after will serve you well. I use a tripple vac machine, it does not make me better, but it does make me more efficent. Most here have used twin vacs and built a very successfull business with them.