This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: I'm not very happy with you guys..........
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 08:19:01 pm »
Dazmond - basically i heat shrink then on - warm the hose so slightly supple, insert hosetail and then apply a flame (lighter is perfect) and heat until hose is very soft ( too much and it will go britle ) squeeze the hose around the hosetail and dip into cold water - the hose will form around the barbs and not pull off under normal working conditions

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

david thomas

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »
On the American web sight which valves do you recomend

mark dew

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »
Mine last about 3 or 4 months then they start to drip drip drip, eventually I just cut them off throw away and put new ones on.  
I struggled for a couple of years trying to save costs by just making them last or just replacing the female but now I replace the whole lot.  No leaks.

I'm with you on this.  They are just a small running cost for the business.  The cost of replacing them immediately they start showing problems is easily offset by the time you save on every job when they are working fine.

That concept will go down like a lead balloon...people on here would rather spend five mintes extra on every job to save £5 a quarter.

Vin

I stopped replacing them because it is easier to pull the pole hose off the end and snip  1/2 inch off every 6 months.
I used those protekta balls and the hose seemed to catch on everything.
This is the most efficient way i've found of swapping poles over. It wasn't about the cost, it was about speed.
I haven't tried tennis balls though.

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 02:25:23 am »
i must be years ahead of all you guys, again i will  i will show you all what i changed over to, they are called medical connectors, this video was shown here over 2 years ago, i still have the same connector to this day, ultralite, very strong, almost unbreakable, i really did think, all would have been converted by now,
click on pic to see the connectors in action

Pure Glass

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 08:20:49 am »
Do you need to protect that fitting, ie tennis ball?

Ps-you gotta start going to bed earlier mate jouk45  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 06:56:24 pm »
i must be years ahead of all you guys, again i will  i will show you all what i changed over to, they are called medical connectors, this video was shown here over 2 years ago, i still have the same connector to this day, ultralite, very strong, almost unbreakable, i really did think, all would have been converted by now,
click on pic to see the connectors in action

Jouk,

Always open to new ideas - where did you get these, please?

Thanks,

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 06:39:32 pm »
Bump for Jouk to answer if possible.

Vin

darragh windows

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 09:07:23 pm »
tom parker ltd

I seen jocks picks when he put them up and have had the same medical connection on since then would not entertain airline or rectus 21 connections these are cheaper lighter and easily outlast any metal connections with no metal parts to rust or corrode
jamie

darragh windows

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 09:18:04 pm »
better picture of the male and female connections
jamie

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 10:09:21 pm »
Lee mate, Sorry  I have tail end for the rectus 19 that have rusted.The rust flakes come of a jammed the female unit.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 10:37:54 pm »
tom parker ltd

I seen jocks picks when he put them up and have had the same medical connection on since then would not entertain airline or rectus 21 connections these are cheaper lighter and easily outlast any metal connections with no metal parts to rust or corrode

Thanks for the lead: Do you know which of the zillion connectors on there it is that he uses?

Vin

darragh windows

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 09:40:56 am »
Type I'n apc acetal I'n their search bar and you will come across them
The cheaper ones without the stop valve are better I'n my opinion
jamie

Perfect Windows

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2011, 11:06:40 am »
Type I'n apc acetal I'n their search bar and you will come across them
The cheaper ones without the stop valve are better I'n my opinion

Thanks; that's certainly got me in the right area.  Now I just need to work out the options..

I'm going to give them a try then I'll report back on success or failure.

Vin