This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

Re: pizza hut lost
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:30 pm »
get stuffed !

thats what spotty herbert is going to say when he finds out that he is the one that has to wash the windows..... ;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 09:52:50 pm »
cheesy reply that
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 09:53:37 pm »
not you llaaw  ;D

Londoner

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2011, 07:28:26 am »
will clean for a pizza will that work  ;D

Well, you`ve got to earn a crust and if it`s topping up your wage.......

yes but its only a thin crust

Frankybadboy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2011, 08:16:40 am »
some of the pizza  huts are franchise owned so this will be upto the owner,manager of each store.

this comes from a the step daughter who managers a store ;) ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2011, 08:37:56 am »
and another one bites the dust!

iceland, orange n now pizza hut ...

as far as im aware its not every store that is cancelling the window cleaning, i was talking to a customer of mine who just took redunency from orange - he was head of facilities management!

he had to make cuts left right and centre - he was saying more n more orange stores would be stopping the window cleaning...

just a sign of the times ... when a business wants to make cuts its always the window cleaning to go first ...

William Hills are another one i've lost , a company called "Interserve F M" have takern over the cleaning and expect the cleaners to do the windows!!!!!!!!!!

They do Argos, Boots and HSBC as well quite a big company but the standard of work can can be shocking. I lost the Argos stores I did to them but the one manager still gets me to do them and pays me out of petty cash because of the standard of their work.

They don't like paying their sub-contract window cleaners either.
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

jim2011

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2011, 11:08:28 am »
Thats what commercial is all about you do the work then you have No Money lol

brianbarber

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2011, 06:17:57 pm »
Sorry to hear that John,
Sometimes commercial can be volatile, as it's more of a loss losing restaurant than say one domestic.

Will say hi next time I see you

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 07:01:16 am »
Dean do you work for interserve FM, have you experienced non and slow payments.
Spit and polish

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 07:43:17 am »
The big names are all the same, they will kick you in the teeth at the drop of a hat.

What happens is that some bright spark in an office somewhere is trying to make the books look better by cutting corners. It is often a bright new executive with a shiny new job and company car, who wants to show how clever they are at saving money.

So this shiny new exec will do the grand tour of stores under his command, and decide that it is cheaper to pop down poundland for a bucket and squeegee. Then if he barks loud enough about team spirit and pulling together, to his already fed up employees, the whole place will soon be spic and span for a fraction of the cost.

What then happens is that each manager has the sorry task of explaining to the existing windie that he is now out of a job, and the even more thankless task of prodding some spotty herbert into action.

Said spotty herbert is usually a stroppy teenager with a natural aversion to soapy water, and will go to extraordinary lengths not to be seen handling any type of cleaning equipment by his mates, who usually hang about waiting to rofl at herbert who will be clad in the finest polyester/nylon shirt, trousers and shoes, whilst sporting a cheap plastic bucket of soapy water, a squeegee on a stick and a deeply pained expression.

Herbert will duck dive hide and ignore his responsibility until the place is due for another visit from the shiny new exec. By this time the place will be filthy and a pain to clean, even for a pro. Herbert is finally ordered to the task on pain of losing his job or pizza privelages. He sets about the task in a predictable half arsed manner leaving the place looking as if it had been the victim of vandals.

Area manager digs at manager, manager digs at herbert and herbert gets back to it until area manager finally leaves or his shift ends, whichever is first. This cycle is repeated on the basis of the area managers visits.

Over a period of months the less obvious windows get progressivly worse, until one day a shiny ambitious new window cleaner catches the manager in a good mood and wins a new job at a rock bottom price. window cleaner will be happy, herbert will be happy and manager will be happy. The money is usually found in petty cash, so it may be a while before the area manager is aware that once again there is another mouth to feed from the pay roll.

The whole thing starts again when a shiny new area manager gets his shiny new job and company car, and sends out the order to bin the window cleaner to cut costs.

Basically you can't trust these people they will kick you in the teeth eventually.

Rant over...... ;)

This is true. Sad, funny but true. Top post llaaww.

It's a game of three halves!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 02:19:43 pm »
i know a guy who does all the ipswich pizza huts just lost them again last week, its happened before but the managers take him back on every time, paying out of petty cash. hes been doing them since the early 90s.