This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john the cleaner

pizza hut lost
« on: March 08, 2011, 01:59:45 pm »
i was told today that i would be no longer needed to clean the windows at the pizza hut rest i have done for over 2 years manager says that have got to it themselves  do any of you guys do any pizza huts and have you been told the same thing thanks john

Wc Solutions

Re: pizza hut lost
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 02:04:48 pm »
and another one bites the dust!

iceland, orange n now pizza hut ...

as far as im aware its not every store that is cancelling the window cleaning, i was talking to a customer of mine who just took redunency from orange - he was head of facilities management!

he had to make cuts left right and centre - he was saying more n more orange stores would be stopping the window cleaning...

just a sign of the times ... when a business wants to make cuts its always the window cleaning to go first ...

Mike_G

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 02:16:29 pm »

as far as im aware its not every store that is cancelling the window cleaning, i was talking to a customer of mine who just took redunency from orange - he was head of facilities management!

he had to make cuts left right and centre - he was saying more n more orange stores would be stopping the window cleaning...

just a sign of the times ... when a business wants to make cuts its always the window cleaning to go first ...

Your right about Orange wc

Not sure about Pizza Hut but I do know a chap who's just picked up an Orange shop so it's not all of them

Where is the Pizza Hut you have lost John? Perhaps it's just your area, I do a hut and as yet heard nothing but perhaps it's down to the budget on each store, I do know they were looking to cut costs so as wc says window cleaning is one of the first to go, that said knowing how bad they get you might get it back before to long

Wc Solutions

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 02:44:56 pm »
where was the orange store mike g?

Llaaww

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 03:08:52 pm »
The big names are all the same, they will kick you in the teeth at the drop of a hat.

What happens is that some bright spark in an office somewhere is trying to make the books look better by cutting corners. It is often a bright new executive with a shiny new job and company car, who wants to show how clever they are at saving money.

So this shiny new exec will do the grand tour of stores under his command, and decide that it is cheaper to pop down poundland for a bucket and squeegee. Then if he barks loud enough about team spirit and pulling together, to his already fed up employees, the whole place will soon be spic and span for a fraction of the cost.

What then happens is that each manager has the sorry task of explaining to the existing windie that he is now out of a job, and the even more thankless task of prodding some spotty herbert into action.

Said spotty herbert is usually a stroppy teenager with a natural aversion to soapy water, and will go to extraordinary lengths not to be seen handling any type of cleaning equipment by his mates, who usually hang about waiting to rofl at herbert who will be clad in the finest polyester/nylon shirt, trousers and shoes, whilst sporting a cheap plastic bucket of soapy water, a squeegee on a stick and a deeply pained expression.

Herbert will duck dive hide and ignore his responsibility until the place is due for another visit from the shiny new exec. By this time the place will be filthy and a pain to clean, even for a pro. Herbert is finally ordered to the task on pain of losing his job or pizza privelages. He sets about the task in a predictable half arsed manner leaving the place looking as if it had been the victim of vandals.

Area manager digs at manager, manager digs at herbert and herbert gets back to it until area manager finally leaves or his shift ends, whichever is first. This cycle is repeated on the basis of the area managers visits.

Over a period of months the less obvious windows get progressivly worse, until one day a shiny ambitious new window cleaner catches the manager in a good mood and wins a new job at a rock bottom price. window cleaner will be happy, herbert will be happy and manager will be happy. The money is usually found in petty cash, so it may be a while before the area manager is aware that once again there is another mouth to feed from the pay roll.

The whole thing starts again when a shiny new area manager gets his shiny new job and company car, and sends out the order to bin the window cleaner to cut costs.

Basically you can't trust these people they will kick you in the teeth eventually.

Rant over...... ;)
if it is dirty it is fair game

Mike_G

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 05:36:47 pm »
where was the orange store mike g?

He didn't say, but he lives In London so I guess its somewhere in the big smoke!

john the cleaner

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:37:34 pm »
the hut i have lost is in sittingbourne kent  he did say the store was not doing well the cleaning contract has gone as well doing that in house as well thanks for your repies guys     regards john

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:48:40 pm »
Must just be bad luck , i clean the domestic windows of the franchise owner of 5 pizza huts , i never asked for the jobs as i dont want to take off another w/c , i could i think have them in a shot , not my bag any more though , give me houses all day long !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

clarkson

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:54:36 pm »

hi
blast! i do  loads of work for pa hut, no one said anything to me yet.

keep my fingers crossed.

cheers

john

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 08:04:47 pm »
The big names are all the same, they will kick you in the teeth at the drop of a hat.

What happens is that some bright spark in an office somewhere is trying to make the books look better by cutting corners. It is often a bright new executive with a shiny new job and company car, who wants to show how clever they are at saving money.

So this shiny new exec will do the grand tour of stores under his command, and decide that it is cheaper to pop down poundland for a bucket and squeegee. Then if he barks loud enough about team spirit and pulling together, to his already fed up employees, the whole place will soon be spic and span for a fraction of the cost.

What then happens is that each manager has the sorry task of explaining to the existing windie that he is now out of a job, and the even more thankless task of prodding some spotty herbert into action.

Said spotty herbert is usually a stroppy teenager with a natural aversion to soapy water, and will go to extraordinary lengths not to be seen handling any type of cleaning equipment by his mates, who usually hang about waiting to rofl at herbert who will be clad in the finest polyester/nylon shirt, trousers and shoes, whilst sporting a cheap plastic bucket of soapy water, a squeegee on a stick and a deeply pained expression.

Herbert will duck dive hide and ignore his responsibility until the place is due for another visit from the shiny new exec. By this time the place will be filthy and a pain to clean, even for a pro. Herbert is finally ordered to the task on pain of losing his job or pizza privelages. He sets about the task in a predictable half arsed manner leaving the place looking as if it had been the victim of vandals.

Area manager digs at manager, manager digs at herbert and herbert gets back to it until area manager finally leaves or his shift ends, whichever is first. This cycle is repeated on the basis of the area managers visits.

Over a period of months the less obvious windows get progressivly worse, until one day a shiny ambitious new window cleaner catches the manager in a good mood and wins a new job at a rock bottom price. window cleaner will be happy, herbert will be happy and manager will be happy. The money is usually found in petty cash, so it may be a while before the area manager is aware that once again there is another mouth to feed from the pay roll.

The whole thing starts again when a shiny new area manager gets his shiny new job and company car, and sends out the order to bin the window cleaner to cut costs.

Basically you can't trust these people they will kick you in the teeth eventually.

Rant over...... ;)

haha perfect post i love it!

so true. it also starts again when they dont see them dirty , after 6 months to a year they might think we can do this ourselfs !

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 07:35:05 am »
Pizza huts are all individually owned, so no central policy, its a franchise.

H S and Son

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 07:40:37 am »

All very true, except you forgot shiny new exec is actually only doing to it to try impress his seniors, he has no particular wish to save the company money, he is simply doing it to impress thus buttering his own bread,

R.V.A Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:13:07 am »

William Hills are another one i've lost , a company called "Interserve F M" have takern over the cleaning and expect the cleaners to do the windows!!!!!!!!!!
In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king

Mike_G

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »

William Hills are another one i've lost , a company called "Interserve F M" have takern over the cleaning and expect the cleaners to do the windows!!!!!!!!!!

They do Argos, Boots and HSBC as well quite a big company but the standard of work can can be shocking. I lost the Argos stores I did to them but the one manager still gets me to do them and pays me out of petty cash because of the standard of their work.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 04:47:52 pm »
will clean for a pizza will that work  ;D

tacky 1

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 06:59:30 pm »
stop taking the pizza

Mike_G

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 07:33:07 pm »
Now I think of it they are definately on an economy drive because a couple of weeks ago they stopped us using the expensive costa coffee they sell the customers and asked us to use the instant stuff the staff can have, and in fairness it actually tastes better! Mind you I reckon I eat more in value of sweets while I am there than I get for the windows, those chocolate covered shortcake balls are delicious

Crystal-clear

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »
No way can pizza hut put up with rotten windows , they are on tv for crying out loud !, go down to pizza hut where the windows are smeared up, by the new 16 year old starter !

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »
will clean for a pizza will that work  ;D

Well, you`ve got to earn a crust and if it`s topping up your wage.......
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

awcs

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 09:41:11 pm »
get stuffed !