Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

edward1

Assaulted
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:13:50 pm »
 i have ben washing windows for 20 yrs and today i have been assaulted by a customer.

as happens sometimes ,my son  put the  brush against the window and the window opened spraying some water into the flat .
this was followed by verbal abuse from the woman like i have never heard before.like a crazylunatic .the more i apologized the crazier she got .she was then joined by her boyfriend in a slightly less crazed manor .
they then say they want compensation .at this point i tell my son to pack up .as we are packing up all 3 approach me .the bigger of the men trys to grap me ,i turn and defend my self with the pole .
i then run off with all 3 after me ,telling they are going to kill me .
i call 999 whilst running ,(luckly im a runner so they had no chance of getting me) .
the police arive eventually .
this is a sheltered housing job and the managers are asking me if i want to have the people evicted .
im concerned as they have called my home with the same tone .

not sure what im going to do ,but can u believe this .
cleaning windows is dangerous.

Slash

Re: Assaulted
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 05:16:44 pm »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Kate2

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
My God, thats unbelievable  :o

Wc Solutions

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 05:19:43 pm »
i wont be long until gardiners will be selling guard dogs!

i waiting for the slx german shepard

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:19 pm »
If they are going round to your house, you can apply for a temporary injunction order, they usually last 6 months and means they can not go within 100m of your home.

people like this have no brains, so have to to resort to violence.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

edward1

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »
  thats a diluted account ,i was the worst ive ever been in.not sure an injunction would do anything.

when i started wc ,i was cleaning some flats in chelsea (london) off a scaffold ,and a yardy lent out of the window with a gun in hand asking what i was doing .i told him and he just went back into the flat .
that was more odd than anything .but this was scary .

Ross G

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:34:36 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Will they bring out a cheaper version maybe a No Moral Fibre Pitbull, a wee bit heavier but rugged and reliable

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:41 pm »

;D ;D ;D

Will they bring out a cheaper version maybe a No Moral Fibre Pitbull, a wee bit heavier but rugged and reliable

More like a dual trim Rottweiller lol

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 05:40:35 pm »
i have ben washing windows for 20 yrs and today i have been assaulted by a customer.

as happens sometimes ,my son  put the  brush against the window and the window opened spraying some water into the flat .
this was followed by verbal abuse from the woman like i have never heard before.like a crazylunatic .the more i apologized the crazier she got .she was then joined by her boyfriend in a slightly less crazed manor .
they then say they want compensation .at this point i tell my son to pack up .as we are packing up all 3 approach me .the bigger of the men trys to grap me ,i turn and defend my self with the pole .
i then run off with all 3 after me ,telling they are going to kill me .
i call 999 whilst running ,(luckly im a runner so they had no chance of getting me) .
the police arive eventually .
this is a sheltered housing job and the managers are asking me if i want to have the people evicted .
im concerned as they have called my home with the same tone .

not sure what im going to do ,but can u believe this .
cleaning windows is dangerous.

I suppose someone will come along in a minute to say that using a ladder would have been safer.

Seriously though, that really isn't on.
They sound like really messed up people.
It's a pity that they know where you live as the decision would be a lot easier.
Money or not, I would definitely dump that job and have no more to do with it.
It's hard to know how far to take this as they know where you live.  They sound like idiots who would have a go at you first and take the legal consequences after.  That wouldn't be any help to you if you have been beaten or your property vandalised.
I honestly don't know what I would do but I wouldn't want them evicted because that way, at least I know where they live too.  Although I imagine that you (or your errrmmm representatives) would not take unofficial action, they don't know that.  Often, people who live by the sword assume that everyone else does too, because it's how they think (if you can call that thinking).
Letting some time elapse and picking them off one at a time (perhaps with a little help) does sound tempting.  It's reasonable to assume that such people have made many enemies so won't link it to you.  However, tempting though that is, I would be more likely to cancel the contract and take no action.  I would only escalate it if any of them did.
It's a tough call though and certainly one to sleep on I think.

Darranvps

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 05:40:49 pm »
It wasn't Steve- C s relatives was it?

Wc Solutions

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 05:41:43 pm »

;D ;D ;D

i think ive started something here  ::)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 05:44:09 pm »
Get Sensai to sort em out with his martial arts abilities.  ;D ;D ;D

Wc Solutions

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »
might employ gattuso.

can do my collecting aswell

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:48:58 pm »

;D ;D ;D

i think ive started something here  ::)

Start taking orders for them, and get down the kennels lol
just be careful what leads to get as you don't want them coming loose or braking during the day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 05:53:54 pm »
it will either go away or escalate as these things tend to do ... u sound like a law abiding citizen as u called the rozzers in to deal with it.

Any threats off em then u need to report it to police immediately.

People who tell you there going to do summit to you never rarely do ... u gotta watch out for the ones who tell u why they hit u after they hit u ... if they say im going to beat u up they rarely do.

like i say u sound a law abiding person so dont do anything to antagonise them and it will probably go away ... suggest u stay away from that particular job for a while.

edward1

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:05 pm »
thankyou for that reply mr coleman. and ian thats a considered reply  and a welcome one .

Ian101

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 05:57:00 pm »
this is a sheltered housing job and the managers are asking me if i want to have the people evicted .how old are these people as thought sheltered were for old dears ??

im concerned as they have called my home with the same tone .TELL THE POLICE NOW

edward1

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 06:01:41 pm »
 perhaps sheltered housing is the wrong term .its for a housing association .its not local to me as such .its a 40 min journey .the next town from me .

the housing manager tells me the least he can do even if i do nothing ,is issue them with a good behavior bond .that means that if they create any further problems for anyone then they are out .
hopefully that will be that .

Ian101

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »
perhaps sheltered housing is the wrong term .its for a housing association .its not local to me as such .its a 40 min journey .the next town from me .

ur sorted mate fecking chavs will be too lazy to come to you and too thick to use a satnav and too skint to buy the petrol  ;D  .... i hate gobby bullies  >:( .... if they call u on phone the police can trace it back so get them involved if they keep calling you

Ian101

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 06:07:19 pm »
maybe they didnt like that price increase 4 the windows you made pmsl  ;)