Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Pheonix Truck Mounts
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:14:23 am »
In my quest for a second Truck Mount I for got my own mantra, buy British where you can. I'd forgotten about the Pheonix. I know Dave Ingram was involved in developing it but I haven't heard anything else about it until recently so did a bit of digging. I wasn't really considering a new one but given the silly prices the seconhand people are asking, I might consider new.
http://www.phoenixtruckmounts.co.uk/
They seem to have got bigger engines than the one Dave had and they look a bit better too.
Anyone got one or tried one?

Simon

PaulKing

Re: Pheonix Truck Mounts
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:35:52 am »
is it 10995 inc vat if so it's a total bargain
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

jasonl

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:36 am »
That is the phone number for solutions AKA Hydramaster , manufacturing in competition with thier own distributorship? confused? ;)
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Colin Day

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:32:06 am »
That is the phone number for solutions AKA Hydramaster , manufacturing in competition with thier own distributorship? confused? ;)

That isn't "Solution's" phone number any-more J....

mark shannon

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:42:04 am »
Solutions moved to their own premises 01209 204 343.

Simon Gerrard

Joe H

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 10:56:53 am »
Seems to have grown bigger then the original.  Price will have grown as well, whats been posted here may be the old price.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:23 am »
I went down to Cornwall in the new year and John in the Warehouse did mention that they had made one for a company I think in Scotland with a bigger spec I believe it was simular to the smaller Titan, that could be worth asking about as it would be greater value for money not sure if it is a water cooled engine.

Shaun

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:22:02 pm »
I bought my first TM way back in the 1980, it was a Prochem 100a with a 16hp engine and a diesel fired burner and cost £7,500 + vat. Now, in 2011 you can buy something way more sophisticated for a mere £11k that can earn its own value in a couple of months with todays prices. What other small business is there that requires such little capital outlay to make so much in return?

Simon

derek west

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:58 pm »
seen billy russels pheonix at the flood school course last week, very nice. even though his van is a bit gay looking ;D

Matt Lindus

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 02:53:22 pm »
I bought my first TM way back in the 1980, it was a Prochem 100a with a 16hp engine and a diesel fired burner and cost £7,500 + vat. Now, in 2011 you can buy something way more sophisticated for a mere £11k that can earn its own value in a couple of months with todays prices. What other small business is there that requires such little capital outlay to make so much in return?

Simon

You've not put much thought behind that comment Simon. I could give you a long list of businesses that require very little or no capital that reap much a better return.
I have a friend who runs an executive recruitment buisness from his shed, YES SHED!!!. He finds employers looking for high end individuals. He head hunts the correct person and asks them if they would like to change jobs (Often for more money) then connects the individual with the vacancy. He takes 19% of the person’s new salary as a finders charge.

In November 2009 he made two phone calls costing about 0.02 pence, he put a surgeon into a new position within another establishment. The surgeons new basic salary was 125 K per annum. He took 19% £23750.00 finders charge. Not bad for two phone calls!!
He will admit that this rarely happens and things are often much more complicated. Its taken him decades of hard work to gain trust from employers.

Matt

jasonl

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 03:03:02 pm »
Gas fitters , 2 weeks on the gas safe course , 500 quids worth of tools  and they can earn 150k a year , I know they need an apprenticeship to fit heating systems etc  but just doing inspections is big business
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Billy Russell

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 03:26:20 pm »
seen billy russels pheonix at the flood school course last week, very nice. even though his van is a bit gay looking ;D

Derek your only jealous of my van! You want one with Mavis wrote on the side as well! ;D

Simon,

You've obviously got more experience of truckmounts than i have, so i don't know if i'll be able to answer you're questions but your more than welcome to give me a call
01981 259856
07538 089693

The phoenix has been a fantastic machine and as served me well these last couple of months and earnt me a lot of money, the only thing that annoy's me is why i never bought a truckmount before!

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 04:17:05 pm »
Matt,
I was making a very generalized point. Not thinking that I might be picked up for not having considered every conceivable endeavor a small business person might get involved in. ;D

Colin Day

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 04:51:12 pm »
Some people have made lots of cash in our line of work with porty's and cheap staff... "Enterprise" rings a bell :D

MAX Carpets

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 07:08:19 pm »
I agree with the comments, but carpet cleaning is different in that it takes many years to get going. Its worth it, if you can hang on in there!

est 1988

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »

Simon

A porty run carpet cleaning business  :P ;)

jasonl

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 07:13:07 pm »

Simon

A porty run carpet cleaning business  :P ;)

And less capital than that?

Why that would be a buffer run carpet cleaning business.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 07:17:33 pm »

Simon

A porty run carpet cleaning business  :P ;)

And less capital than that?

Why that would be a buffer run carpet cleaning business.

No wet wonder Foam carpet cleaning business