This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Re: Bumper New System
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 09:13:17 am »
To turn water of on pole you need some sort of pole valve. Gardiners do one for about £10 which fits into the pole hose, designed for hose internal diameter 5mm, external 8mm. If you use a thicker pole hose they sell an adapter.

When I use this I just hold the pole hose in my hand along with the pole and find it easy to turn on/off.

There are other options and it really is a personal preference thing.

dd

« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 10:45:07 am »
One other tip Bumper.

You probably don't need to use a DI vessel as your incoming tds is quite low. I use a 300gpd unit. Tds in approx 200, tds from RO is around 003-004. As long as the tds reading is in single figures you should not need to use resin.

My water pressure is around 55psi and I get around 500l per 24 hours on a static system (a bit more in summer and less in winter as production rate is affected by the temperature).

dave park

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 04:57:03 pm »
Posted by: dazmond  Posted on: Today at 08:19:42 am 
Insert Quote 
2 hours to fill 1 25L BARREL? 

it take me about 50 mins to fill 10 barrels DI only.

your tds is quite high for just DI only BUT it will be a lot less hassle bumper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dazmond, Ive got a tds reading of 52 from tap, would i need RO or would DI
do the job?

dai

« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 06:00:14 pm »
Posted by: dazmond  Posted on: Today at 08:19:42 am 
Insert Quote 
2 hours to fill 1 25L BARREL? 

it take me about 50 mins to fill 10 barrels DI only.

your tds is quite high for just DI only BUT it will be a lot less hassle bumper.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dazmond, Ive got a tds reading of 52 from tap, would i need RO or would DI
do the job?

Di Only should be fine. My tds is 57ish Using twin Di vessels my water costs me under a £1 per day.

Richard Neal

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 10:53:08 pm »
Sounds like you need a storage tank at home to keep making water all the time, i have 4 X 300 litre water butts all connected together i can then leave the ro running while im working or asleep and not worry about it.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk