Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Carpet Dawg

Which van?!?
« on: February 12, 2011, 05:39:09 pm »
hello hello

Ok, so i have sourced two vans that i am going to be buying tomorrow! well putting a deposit down, then it'll go through a servicing, MOT and 6 months road tax.

Both are Transits, white, same age, both side doors + back doors and both have full service history. And no visual sign of rust that i cold see and i had a good look!

Van 1,  Milage: 36,500

For: Full ply lined in the back with factory fitted bulk head.

Against: high roof which i dont need it but van with signage will stand out better i guess... so maybe a plus point?? And also a little longer so harder to get parked?

Van 2,  Milage: 33,300 << a plus

For: normal sized transit << maybe easier to get parked?

Against: no ply in the back or bulk head..... also got glass on the two back doors. To get hem tinted and caged AND to get the back plyed i guess will cost another £300 maybe?

Both vans are very clean and tidy.

Which would you buy??

ooooooooooooopppss forgt to sa, both the same price!

cheers
Tony

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

Re: Which van?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »
hi dawg

I would go for the second one and try to barter a bit then hopefully save a few quid and spend that on your plylining etc...

good luck!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 05:59:37 pm »
I would look for evidence of re-spray work, arches etc. I'd go for the bigger one given the choice, I have a lwb high roof movano and had no trouble parking etc.

jasonl

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:00:28 pm »
Is the bigger one medium or long wheel base ? semi or high roof ? what is the engine bhp f each one?

Transits have a huge range and variety of specs , I have a 75hp swb medium roof , this is because I want fuel economy  (40mpg) to be able to stand up in the back and not too long for parking etc.

ThE BIGGER ONES ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT ,BEING REAR WHEEL DRIVE AND HAVING 2.4 ENGINES INSTEAD OF 2.0 .. Sorry about caps
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Linds Russell

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 06:06:53 pm »
High roof is great due to being able to stand up in it.

Cleaning Doctor vans have a work surface built into the shelving so that you can stand inside and make up your solutions. Great idea and it keeps you dry during bad weather.
Linds

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 06:25:53 pm »
Is the bigger one medium or long wheel base ? semi or high roof ? what is the engine bhp f each one?

Transits have a huge range and variety of specs , I have a 75hp swb medium roof , this is because I want fuel economy  (40mpg) to be able to stand up in the back and not too long for parking etc.

ThE BIGGER ONES ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT ,BEING REAR WHEEL DRIVE AND HAVING 2.4 ENGINES INSTEAD OF 2.0 .. Sorry about caps

:o i'm bamboozled! lol

Its a long wheel base Jason. Its TDI 85PS Diesel SWB <<< what ever that means. And its high roofed even tho it says medium in the ad! I cant see it being any higher if that really is the medium one!

Simon, the normal sized transit has got some patches of "cover up" near the wheel arches. Will this get worse you recon? Never had any rust probs myself before so not too sure with it all.

Yeah standing up is what i liked with it too.

jasonl

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 06:57:14 pm »
SWB means Short wheel base , told you it was confusing !

You cannot get a high roof SWB , the high roof one has what looks likes 2 layers of extra roof on it. its it a tdci? or tddi? 
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 07:01:09 pm »
Wonder if they do a swb 4 x4 transit?

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:04:16 pm »
Wonder if they do a swb 4 x4 transit?

Shaun

Yes they just brought it out , 26grand , but it is 200ps !
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:05:26 pm »
Confusing  ??? S = short  M = medium  L = long  ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:06:02 pm »
I got a sore neck looking up at that! thought thats how high as it would get!

Just says TDI. I take it thats not very easy on the fuel?

http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/stock-item-id/at8a60d6e02de6cd12012e08669bc77e09/advert

creighton foyle

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:07:48 pm »
i have got a high roof medium wheel base my mate who lives next door has the long wheel base neither he nor i would consider a normal height roof and whilst you do have to pick out your space in car parks i can't say parking is really an issue. glass rear doors would put me off having the bulkhead is better security imo

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:11 pm »
self edit  ;)

creighton foyle

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:11:21 pm »
looks like a mwb to me exactly the same as mine

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 07:12:53 pm »
i have got a high roof medium wheel base my mate who lives next door has the long wheel base neither he nor i would consider a normal height roof and whilst you do have to pick out your space in car parks i can't say parking is really an issue. glass rear doors would put me off having the bulkhead is better security imo

Good to know, alot of my work is in town center so alot of tight pre marked parking spaces. Would hate to buy it just to then struggle all day finding already limited parking spaces...

jasonl

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 07:13:13 pm »
I paid 1500 a year ago for a 52 plate , ,granted it had more miles , but it is the equivilent of a year older than that one you are thinking of is now. That one is a MWB

That is worth 3k tops , plus I can see worse rust than mine under the front arches.

For that price you can get a new shape , much quieter ,and smoother to drive , look more modern too
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 07:22:53 pm »
Full Service History, Factory fitted bulk head, One Owner, Ply lined, SWB, 1 Years M.O.T, 6 Months Road Tax, Serviced, Reverse Warning Beeper, Roof Rails With Roller, Roof Rails With Roller, Roof Rails With Roller, Remote Central Locking. This van is in an exelant condition and I have a choice of 3 to vans to select from all in exelant condition and low millage from 4500 to 4750 +vat MUST SEE AND BE QUICK £4,695 +VAT

;D

Its a bargain its got 3 roof rails with rollers  ???  has low millage  ??? and is in exelant  ??? condition. I would question the mileage at 36k seems very low to me. Also its nearly another grand on top if your not vat registered.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 07:29:04 pm »
It does have a bit of rust there but to be fair to it its only there where there's a bit of rust. the other arches are fine from what i have seen.

I've been looking for a few months now and this is by far the best i have seen Jas. New shaped ones cost minimum £7k around here. I wouldn't mind paying that but at that price its usualy has 50k + on the clock.

I am part exchanging my van for £1700 << transit connect with 80k on the clock. So getting the either van for £3,700 after VAT. comes with MOT, 6 months tax and full service.

Is this a crap deal then?? I cant see my van getting more than 2k if i sold privatly.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 07:35:06 pm »
Its an ex council van and has all the paper work to go with it. So i presume the milage is kosher.

derek west

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 07:51:39 pm »
tony
if i was turning over what you claim your turning over then i'd buy new mate, that thing will fall apart in a couple of years.