This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

waynebarry

Roof harness system
« on: February 07, 2011, 07:15:06 pm »
Hi Folks I have some moss to clear of some roof which I will be using a roof ladder on can anyone recommend a harness system? the only way I can see of securing yourself is too a roof ladder which if you move too far away from would not work, any recommendations of securing yourself i.e ancheraging etc  ? ???

BDCS

Re: Roof harness system
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:35:45 pm »
I would only quote if the house was to have a scaffold to gutter level, some on here would do otherwise but I get a 3 bed semi done for £200

Blast Away

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 10:42:05 pm »
I would only quote if the house was to have a scaffold to gutter level, some on here would do otherwise but I get a 3 bed semi done for £200

Tower scaff? 200 is cheap.

Similar to this size?

Alan McTernan

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »
If its a bungalow roof we work off of ladders with a full body harness attached to the roof ladders via a lanyard (done one today). But as Carl says if it is anything higher we get an alloy tower and move it along but still work on the roof using roof ladders and the harness!!!

Also how are you removing the moss? Pressure washing or scrap/brush and then spray?

Hope this helps

Regards
Alan

Rick Ward

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 11:15:43 am »
One way to do it is to use abaseiling/rope access harness and throw the ropes over the roof anchoring them the other side, but you would have to know your knots. This is a rope access technique (IRATA) which would only be effective up to the apex of the opposite side to where the ropes (2 attachments- main and chunt rope) are anchored. It does require some training ideally, it cost me nearly £600 for a weeks course as I was abseiling on offshore platforms blasting etc. But its the best and when done correctly, safest form of access.

waynebarry

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »
Hi Alan, We are brushing and scraping for the client, we have about 3 to do for them.
Rick - thanks for your info I am going to do a search on courses now!