Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin Wheatley

Can you get the wow factor with a bonnet?
« on: February 06, 2011, 10:51:06 am »
Hi, I have just joined this forum so hello. Don't like to start with a question but what the heck.
I have recently done my first nursing home using HWE. Next day it was seriousley worse than it was before I started so after speaking with Derek Bolton (who in my limited experience and not having been on them all, should be the ONLY person taking training courses) I invested in a bonnet cleaner. The home loved the results and wanted another area cleaning, however, after using ONLY the bonnet, I am not convinced that the results are that fantastic.certainly not mind blowing like HWE usually is. I assume that I am doing something wrong as I have very limited experience using bonnet cleaners,Any ideas?
Thanks.

Simon Gerrard

Re: Can you get the wow factor with a bonnet?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 11:08:08 am »
Kevin,

If you're in this business for any period of time you will learn that being a professional carpet cleaner you have to have the tools, equipment and knowledge to deal with a very wide range of carpets and fabrics that will be presented to you in a wide range of soil conditions, with their owners wanting them cleaned. Experience is the one tool you cannot buy or acquire any other way than through doing as much training as you can, again from a wide range of angles and apply the knowledge learned. It could well be that had you bonnetted over the carpet after HWE then the result may have been perfectly acceptable.

Simon

peter maybury

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 11:13:13 am »
you might find that following up with a bonnet after hwe gives you the best of both worlds, With tiles and impervious backed floorcoverings it is )ot possible to get ant airflow through the product itself so you can get stains wicking back after hwe.
I recently went over to texatherm and find that I am getting much better results with their system than with just conventional bonneting, The heard pad an the reacrion of the chemicals is pretty impressive, I tried it on snome of my carpets and even now (1 month later) the difference is still obvious.
It is all part of the learning curve you will get to know when you need to do something different to get the result you want.
Prespraying then heavy aggitation will also eliminate a lot of stains that may wick back.
Peter
www/carpetcleanercardiff.com

Kevin Wheatley

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:25:18 am »
You are correct, I did bonnet after HWE the first time. However I bonnet cleaned only the second time as the home is having an inspection on Monday(I guess this was the motivation for the job) and was going to run chairs/trollies over it almost immediatley so I did not want to over wet it as I would not have time to sort it out before the inspection.

Kevin Wheatley

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 11:37:21 am »
Update.
I have just rang the home, they are delighted ,phew.
Must be my paranoid side.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 11:41:51 am »
I did a school staff room over xmas that was covered in brown coffee stains. Used one of Restormate's bonnet packages and some Ultra. Carpet came up a treat and bone dry after I finished!

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:52:52 am »
Update.
I have just rang the home, they are delighted ,phew.
Must be my paranoid side.

"Tis in the eye of the beholder" It's easy to think you could do a bit more to improve results but there is a point when you can go backwards. If you have done your best and your customer is happy, result!

Dave_Lee

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
Isn't it true though, that if you only Bonnet, a low profile carpet or tiles that are soiled bound, then the carpet or tiles are really still heavily soiled, even if their surface looks clean. Seems to me the only ethical way of cleaning low profile, soiled to this degree, is to HWE first then follow up with Bonnet.
With this in mind and most commercial jobs having at least a high percentage of areas of heavy soiling, shouldn't the HWE and Bonnet system be the normal way to go, rather than simply one or the other on its own.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Simon Gerrard

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:06:59 pm »
Dave i agree with you in the ideal world we would offer HWE/BONNET then return in  90 or 180 days depending on soiling to bonnet or encapsulation clean IN THE IDEAL WORLD HA HA ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »
So Dave , for years Chem-dry  have been cleaning unethically? since HWE and bonnet cleaning is the only ethical way.

I bonnet clean a car dealer every 4 weeks , they need top appearance constantly , and having used 2 local Truckmount operators they decided that bonnetting was best for them, the dealer principle hmself told me this..........

Of course HWE flushes out more dirt , but then of course a Mercedes is better than a Skoda, skoda are not dishonest though are they.  VAG  who make Skoda make far more profit than Daimler-benz , who make Mercedes....  

Neither are unethical.

To answer the  original question , yes you can get the wow factor with a bonnet , I do every day. And have done for 19 years next week. For a far smaller capital outlay and higher profit margins than  any HWE set up could achieve.

PS. Have done a deal with a debtor on a TM , collecting it next week ;D
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Dave_Lee

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
Yeah, Steve I know what you mean, it's like anything else. The majority of commercial customers don't want to pay the amount that we as Carpet Cleaners require to do the job properly, so they end up with something less.
That's why there are so many horrible cheap Suites about, because most of the general public don't want to pay the price that quality workmanship demands.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

ianharper

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:05 pm »
Dave what about all these 7k suites ::) if i cut two fingers off i could still count on one hand how many i have cleaned ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 01:23:59 pm »
Steve ;D

Ian is that your site mate?

ianharper

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 01:29:16 pm »
Clinton

yes,

its another way for links both ways. its the old JP positioning marketing

Respect

Ian

Dave_Lee

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 01:44:26 pm »
Jason,
There are many meanings of the word 'Ethical'. I did not mean dishonest, I was using it to refer to a 'Standard' way of cleaning. I agree that low profile carpets can effectively maintained by regular Bonneting, if you read what I said you would see that I was referring to those carpets or tiles that had become bound up with soil through lack of maintenance.
Dave.
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.

clinton

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 01:53:38 pm »
Thanks ian i will have a look at it all later mate :)

Kevin Wheatley

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2011, 02:07:44 pm »
So..........thats a yes then ? I think? I'm glad thats cleared up!
Thanks.

jasonl

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 03:29:08 pm »
So..........thats a yes then ? I think? I'm glad thats cleared up!
Thanks.

Asimilar topic comes up every few weeks on here , I am a die hard bonneteer , though as has been said a TM/HWE is needed on some occasions. Most cannot justify/afford to invest in a the equipment to cover all eventualities.

Dave I understand.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings